GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   x1x to x45/x50 (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f338/)
-   -   me45 is it worth upgrading fw? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f338/me45-worth-upgrading-fw-566005/)

skinnie 07-17-2008 02:28

me45 is it worth upgrading fw?

Hi guys,I recently bought a siemens me45 it comes with firmware v24,is it worth buying a cable and upgrading to fw v30?
Anyone knows the differences?

dagos 07-17-2008 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie (Post 3486481)
Hi guys,I recently bought a siemens me45 it comes with firmware v24,is it worth buying a cable and upgrading to fw v30?
Anyone knows the differences?

...any new firmware improve performance and solve bugs from the last firmware. Only manufacture know which problems is solved in the new firmware, but in this case (Siemens phones), manufacture is dead :)
So, my oppinion is to don't invest money to upgrade your phone (is too old) and if upgrade process is stopped, damage your phone :rolleyes:
dagos

skinnie 07-17-2008 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagos (Post 3486574)
...any new firmware improve performance and solve bugs from the last firmware. Only manufacture know which problems is solved in the new firmware, but in this case (Siemens phones), manufacture is dead :)
So, my oppinion is to don't invest money to upgrade your phone (is too old) and if upgrade process is stopped, damage your phone :rolleyes:
dagos

thanks for the answer.My mobile is working very nice,and I bought it used but it looks almost new,I don't want to damage but,if the upgrade from fw24 to fw30 gave any benefits I would like to do it,maybe some friend of mine have the cable,without spending money,do you consider the upgrade a waste of time?
When upgrading the firmware do I have to unlock the mobile?

dagos 07-17-2008 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie (Post 3487553)
thanks for the answer.My mobile is working very nice,and I bought it used but it looks almost new,I don't want to damage but,if the upgrade from fw24 to fw30 gave any benefits I would like to do it,maybe some friend of mine have the cable,without spending money,do you consider the upgrade a waste of time?
When upgrading the firmware do I have to unlock the mobile?

...if your phone working well, I sugest to remain that (included if have your language country inside). Regarding to the firmware upgrade, after this you not neded to unlock your phone.
dagos

skinnie 07-17-2008 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagos (Post 3488453)
...if your phone working well, I sugest to remain that (included if have your language country inside). Regarding to the firmware upgrade, after this you not neded to unlock your phone.
dagos

Thanks for the answer :D
Only more 2 questions,if I mod the original me45 cable will it serve to update firmware on a m35?
What is a PA on a m35?
Because I have an m35 with battery problems,and after searching here I know that they can be software fault or hardware (pa) fault,I wanna fix it, the phone is almost new.

dagos 07-18-2008 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie (Post 3489080)
Thanks for the answer :D
Only more 2 questions,if I mod the original me45 cable will it serve to update firmware on a m35?
What is a PA on a m35?
Because I have an m35 with battery problems,and after searching here I know that they can be software fault or hardware (pa) fault,I wanna fix it, the phone is almost new.

Hi,
Siemens ME45 and M35 use the same (serial) data cable. See on http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W...5_pinout.shtml .

PA is the Power Amplifier ( IC PF08112B) and is located on the RF part.
Which battery problem you have?

dagos

skinnie 07-26-2008 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagos (Post 3489569)
Hi,
Siemens ME45 and M35 use the same (serial) data cable. See on http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W...5_pinout.shtml .

PA is the Power Amplifier ( IC PF08112B) and is located on the RF part.
Which battery problem you have?

dagos

for example if it stood one day powered off,when I turned it on it said the battery was empty,even if I full charged it.
I used siemens sensor tools and it seems ok now,I must test it further.
I am going to mod my original me45 cable,are there any noticeable changes from fw12 on m35i?

dagos 07-26-2008 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie (Post 3511992)
for example if it stood one day powered off,when I turned it on it said the battery was empty,even if I full charged it.
I used siemens sensor tools and it seems ok now,I must test it further.
I am going to mod my original me45 cable,are there any noticeable changes from fw12 on m35i?

...exist two possibility:
-first, your battery map is wrong (phone stop charging on the lower value of the voltage).
-second, you have the hardware problem in your phone (too much power consumption in stand-by mode).
Regarding to the fw diferences on C/M35 phones, I don't know, because this phones is too oldies and not have more facility (comparing to the E-gold phones - for example).
Don't loose your time to repair verry old phones...
dagos

skinnie 07-26-2008 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagos (Post 3512250)
...exist two possibility:
-first, your battery map is wrong (phone stop charging on the lower value of the voltage).
-second, you have the hardware problem in your phone (too much power consumption in stand-by mode).
Regarding to the fw diferences on C/M35 phones, I don't know, because this phones is too oldies and not have more facility (comparing to the E-gold phones - for example).
Don't loose your time to repair verry old phones...
dagos

Thanks for the help.Guess I'll just upgrade fw on me45 or mod it to s45i (mainly because I don't have to press ok to unlock).
When I have the cable donne I'll post my doubts :D
Thanks one more time

skinnie 09-05-2008 21:52

I've upgraded my me45 to v30,I am quite satisfied I did it,the phone is a little faster.
Is there a way to put portuguese on these phone?

skinnie 09-06-2008 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie (Post 3631026)
I've upgraded my me45 to v30,I am quite satisfied I did it,the phone is a little faster.
Is there a way to put portuguese on these phone?

found it...you can close this topic,thanks a lot dagos :)