GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > x1x to x45/x50

x1x to x45/x50 All Siemens mobile starting from S6, S10, ... up to C45, S45, ME45, SL42, SL45(i), A50, CL50, M50, MT50.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2005, 17:01   #1 (permalink)

Member: 185139
Thanks Meter: 0
Sl45 turns off in car comfortkit

When I try to make a phone call or receive one it turns of. I downloaded a slik56 from:
http://sl45.*****s.net/
and installed it. Then the problem started. Phone works just fine except in the car use. I have now 512mb mmc card and it also works just fine. Comfort kit works with the original flash which was 2.XX something, but it did not accept 512mb card. Thats why I upgrated it. Any ideas for the prolem? I tried to find some answers but no luck.

I have two of these SL45 phones and I tried the one with older flash and it works just fine. Then i flashed it also and the same problem occurs. Also tried two different batteries.

These phones are both SL45, not SL45i, if thats makes a diffrence. Should the slik56 even be installed to SL45 or is just for a SL45i model?

Last edited by visale; 09-28-2005 at 21:20.
Old 10-14-2005, 00:29   #2 (permalink)

Please help me! I would like to use my car kit again. Im despered!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:43   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
I had the CarKitComfort too, and it works finde even with SL42, SL45, SL45i... I have no idea.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:50   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
Hm... If you've upgraded your SL45 to v56, you still don't have activated Java, do you? It sounds quite nonsense, but maybe if you activate Java in your SL?
I can also send you some EEPROM blocks that might bring your phone to work.
Old 10-14-2005, 16:09   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for replying!

I dont know what the eeprom is. Flashing is the only thing that I've done to my phone. I havent activated java, because I havent needed it, actually dont know what to do with it!

Now I have been trying to downgrade my phone. First to v54. Works just fine, except in car use. Neither works v52. Just flashed v43, haven't tested yet. Ill test it as soon as my girl friend retuns with my car...

But If the phone starts to operate with one of the oldest flashes, it certainly will not accept my new 512mb mmc! That was the only reason why i flashed it! I would prefer the car comfortkit use more than the mp3 player...

The phone also turns of if I activate my SL45 audio recorder in car use! Does this help to isolate the problem?

http://www.inet.hr/~tofabija/Softwer...ishVersion.zip
I downloaded that file. Is there something that might go wrong? Should there be made some sort of back up and how it is done? What are those BAck up Blocks or restore Blocks?

Edit: v43 and the problem continues. It has to be something else than just a version issue. Did flashing erase/damage something important?

Edit2: activating of java didnt help either. could the flaw actually be in my car kit? But the problem did occur after flashind. I would like to trie v23, but flasher wont work with Win XP.

Last edited by visale; 10-15-2005 at 11:27.
Old 11-02-2005, 21:06   #6 (permalink)

I also noticed that when Im in: Calls Dialled folder and then I press the Right side soft key called "View" the phone also turns off! Very strange. Can anyone help me somehow how to try eliminate this problem? Could it have something to do with the battery?
Old 11-02-2005, 21:26   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
Quote:
Originally Posted by visale
I also noticed that when Im in: Calls Dialled folder and then I press the Right side soft key called "View" the phone also turns off! Very strange. Can anyone help me somehow how to try eliminate this problem? Could it have something to do with the battery?
Do you have CLST installed ?
Old 11-03-2005, 16:16   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
@trustkill
He wrote that he downgraded to v54 and v43 so it isn't a patch problem.

@visale
It could be an error in eeprom area imho.... what method do you used to appy the downgrades? Update via WinSwup? or via a Fullflashfile?

If you used WinSwup your EEProm area keeps original and then I'm 100% sure it's an EEProm error.

Try this.
1) Make an update of your Fullflash and from your EEProm area with V_Klay
1a) If anything goes wrong you can easily reactivate your phone by flashing
2) Ask rc-flitzer for his EEProm files (they are good)
3) Download Skylords EEProm - tool from here
4) Download Freia from here
4a) Freia is needed for unlocking your phone
5) Start Freia and make backup of your battery paramters
5a) Select phone modell: Siemens SL45
5b) Click on Miscellanous functions
5c) Backup battery Paramters
5d) Turn of your phone
5e) Click OK in Freia
5f) Press Short Red Key...
5g) Read Success message - Battery Paramters are saved into Freia folder
6) Start EEProm Tool
6a) Click Connect to phone, Press Red Button short (same procedure as you did in Freia)
6b) On left side select open file
6c) Open rc-flitzers .eep file (Only this! it's the only one)
6d) mark all entries in list in click right arrow in EEProm Tool Main Window
6e) mark all entries in right windows now
6f) Click write to phone
7) Start Freia again
7a) Click Unlocking functions
7b) Click Direct unlock no map saved
7c) Enter your IMEI into IMEI window
7ca) IMEI is found if you remove battery - there's a little sticker
7cb) IMEI is wrote like this: 123456-12-1234567
7cc) If you enter IMEI in Freia you can't enter last digit. That's okay, last digit is checksum
7d) Click okay - press red button......
8a) Start Freia again
8b) Click on Misc. functions
8c) Click on Restore battery paramters
8d) Cick okay.... Red button.....
9) FINISH

This is an exclusiv todo and howto and very very save imho.

If this doesn't help well then try to upload a complete EEProm via V_Klay. But then you've also to restore battery paramters to avoid some problems with standby time and indicator level. And you need also to make an unlock. It looks a bit difficult but it isn't. You can't destroy your SL45 by flashing or unlocking - don't be afraid
Old 11-04-2005, 18:26   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Cyperghost!
I'll try that as soon as possible if that would cure my problems!

WinSwup is the program I have used, nothing else. But that was quite enought to start having some problems. Phone also turns occasionally off even thought the battery is not dead yeat. I have cleaned the contact surfaces but thats not the case.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:18   #10 (permalink)

Now my eeprom has been changed. Does it differ in any way to the original?

Using the eeprom tool two lines could not be written. Lines 69, acoustic... and 73, ringtonemelodies... Is this a problem? And what is that acoustic thing?

I havent been able to test the phone yet. Dont have the car right now, but the phone still works and thats a good thing though!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52   #11 (permalink)

Dammed! Still the stupid thing turns off! What next? Should I do the battery teaching thing? How is that done..? Search might help me on that one..

Edit: Cant find topic that contains SL45 battery solutions... help...

Edit2: The phone has gone worse after I did that eeprom change. Now in car use I cant even start the phone if its attached to car kit. It turns of before I can apply my PIN-code. Also it seems that it turns off much easier than before, almost nothing can be done in car use.

And when the phone turns off it just crashes. It doesnt indicate that battery is low. It doesnt do "soft stop" at all. Just like battery was removed. I also noticed that it occasionally turns when Im receiving a phone call and then it indicates Low Battery and does the soft stop procedure. Battery indicator on display looks normal, according to reality when the battery was recharged last time.

While listening mp3, no problems is occured. You can listeng several hours straight through and the phone stays on!!!

What is my phones problem !!!

Last edited by visale; 11-10-2005 at 11:08.
Old 11-13-2005, 14:22   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

This looks very very strange. Please write down what do you have done exactly. Which EEProm you've used and so on....
Old 11-14-2005, 23:32   #13 (permalink)

First of all
I upgraded my v.23 to v.56 with winswup following instructions. Successfully, according to the program.
Also copied new mmc contence.
Phone started to turn off in car use, everything else was normal.

Then I upgraded my second phone, yes I have two of these, v.23 to v.56 with winswup.
I Used the same mmc card that I previously upgrated.
Phone started to turn off in car use, everything else was normal.

The stranges thing is that neither phone wont work in my car after flashing. Once I were able to make a call using the carkit. Only once. Have no idea why it worked, but o'boy I was glad!

Then I contacted this forum for help. And I tried do downgrade my phone gradually by using winswup. No good.

Then I followed your instruction by the letter how to change eeprom and back up my battery settings. As it says in your instructions. Phone seems to be gettting even worse. It turns now off without any reason at all. Battery indicator is reasonable. It says full. And it is logical in every case. But it keeps turning off suddenly or says "battery empty" when receiving a call.

What is pa? Power amplifier? Read something about that?

The eeprom was the one you suggested.

In Freia the procentual indicator showed 0% all the time during these processes, but it did indicate Ok in the end of every process.

Tomorrow I use my old battery, the original 650 mAh and that lasts about 24 h. We'll see if it crashes also...

Battery is by the way Insmat 750 mAh and it is few months old. Old Siemens1000 mAh died completely, wouldnt even tried to start the phone. Still volt meter says 3,6V... Thats why I bought another phone, but it was the battery after all. Thought that my pnone died!

Update: I tested the old battery but it didnt last as long as I remembered. 8 hours or so, little mp3:s also. During that 8 h hour period I didnt receive any phone calls.

Then I changed the Insmat back. As soon as changed the battery I received a call and phone started to whining about the battery... Still u can listeng mp3's. And make a new right after the "battery empty" message.

Last edited by visale; 11-16-2005 at 12:08.
Old 11-16-2005, 17:28   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Buhh...

Go to this link

http://eh.student.utwente.nl/~landy/
Username: mobile
PW: elibom

and download complete fullbackup from SL45i....
Start at point 7 from the list
Old 11-16-2005, 20:18   #15 (permalink)

Buhh??? What does that mean?
On that page I couldnt download anything...

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later"
Maybe later then?

Full back up? Does this mean that 3,3 MB flash file or maybe something more? Eeprom?

Edit: I cant download those files! "Service Tempora..."

I've been using my second phone and it works much better. Doesnt work in car, but it stays on and doesnt whine about the battery.

Last edited by visale; 11-17-2005 at 14:15.