GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > x1x to x45/x50

x1x to x45/x50 All Siemens mobile starting from S6, S10, ... up to C45, S45, ME45, SL42, SL45(i), A50, CL50, M50, MT50.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 09:34   #1 (permalink)

Member: 13465
Thanks Meter: 4
SL42 + FW54 + Java

Hi, I am really new to this SL4x stuff, but I have managed to flash upgrade my SL42 with FW52 and it works great.

But I want to flash w/ FW54 and get Java working. If I do it normally, of course Java does not work.

Can someone please explain to me (in as good english as possible plz) the whole ideas behind "mapping" "remapping" "log files" etc ? I don't quite understand them so well. (I understand things like EEPROM/flashing/hex etc, I have done programming, but I have no idea about Mobiles

Also, is it possible to change aspects of the phone's behaviour throu these "map" files? For example, it's extremely stupid that the "Incoming SMS" menu shows the SMS text, instead of who it was sent to. It also has serious bugs, like not sorting by date etc.

Grrr. I wish I had the full sources to the mobiles SW, so I can fix some of these extremely idiotic mistakes that Siemens engineers make

Something else that I have had trouble with: I have followed all your threads about Reading the EEPROM image and Flash image from the phone (for backup), and I was only able to get UniSiemens 4.00 (demo) to start "talking" with the phone, but NOTHING happens. I only see the right most RED "led" flashing, and it goes on for many minutes, and I finally have to hi "Stop Activity", else it won't stop.

How can I get these things to work with my phone? I want to make a backup of whatever it is I am backing up (dunno if the EEPROM is written over when I flash with a new FW or not), so if I make a boo-boo, then I can go back and fix it..

Anyone who could really answer these questions/problems for me, please do, I'd be extremely thankful, as I can't find the answers elsewhere.

Finally, has anyone gotten the Netmonitor feature enabled? How to get the 5 digit code out of the IMEI code in order to activate the Netmon feature ? What is the algorithm?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2002, 17:08   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2911
Thanks Meter: 3
1. this is wrong section for sl4x!
2 the old post very useful for knowledges!

p.s.Topic is moved