GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > E-Gold Based Phones

E-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all E-Gold and E-Gold Lite based phones: A31,A52 A55, A57, A60, A62, A65, A70, AF51, AL21, AX72, AX75, C55, C60, CF62, CF110, M55, MC60, S55, SL55 And also post all about Joker & Freia in this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37   #1 (permalink)

Member: 203945
Thanks Meter: 0
sl55 - help wanted how to update above v7

hello and good morning sl55 fans,

let me tell you my story: i have got a sl55 with o2 germany branding and firmware v9 on it. my first try

for getting rid of the branding was updating to official v16 from siemens website. i bought a usb data

cable and everything went perfect. new firmware v16 was running well but the branding still remains. this

was the time when i started searching for information on the web and found this forum. i have read through

hundreds of postings about the sl55 flashing, patching etc. and i have learned a lot but not enough for

preventing a major failure which killed my phone. my intention was still to get rid of the o2 branding. so

i learned that i have to overwrite some mappings. i used siemens_eprom_tool to write

SL55_1_Standard_16_0001.map into my sl55 v16 and in the next step i wrote SL55_2_de-BRDHandel_16_0001.map

and then after switching on the phone i only got a buzzing noise but no display nothing at all. in this

moment i realized that i should better have done a full backup. thumb boy i am :-(

until then i was really learning a lot about the different software tools for the sl55 like v_klay, sst,

mapinit, winswup etc. and most of them i have found in a version that runs on my pc. sometimes in this

phase i realized that the phone did no longer respond to communication. so i got familiar with the

testpoint procedure. i managed to get back the communication and then by trial and error i have managed to

write a full flash into the phone (SIEMENS SL55 LG4 V7 - 00400000.FLS) but the phone was still dead. so i

started reading again and found then freesiemenstoolbox.exe. with the repair function of this programm i

was able to write some repair data in the phone. after that i was happy to have a working phone with

firmware v7 (english, turkey, some kyrillic languages).

now i tried to update using the official siemens firmware update v16 but the software can not connect to my

mobile. also winswup update packages do not connect to the mobile.

whats wrong? has anybody of you cracks an idea?

thanks a lot

peter
Old 12-05-2005, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 41076
Thanks Meter: 53
Just use winswup update

http://download.allsiemens.com/flash...200101_eng.exe

It contains also German. But I think after you updates SW you need also to update flexmemory, because T9 files are stored there. Update your phone with winswup and reply if you have done it.

Then we will continue with updating FlexMemory drives.