Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
|E-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all E-Gold and E-Gold Lite based phones: A31,A52 A55, A57, A60, A62, A65, A70, AF51, AL21, AX72, AX75, C55, C60, CF62, CF110, M55, MC60, S55, SL55 And also post all about Joker & Freia in this Section.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-13-2003, 18:27||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: United States
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a S56 with Cingular GSM in the States. I need some specific answer to help me out w/ it:
1) Will programs like Freia unlock the S56 is the S55 is chosen? (I KNOW there are other posts on this subject, but the only replies are "you gotta read up" and when searching for other posts in this forum the replies to them are "tell me what you find out" and never anything definitive) What are some good progs for unlocking S56? Also, can I "relock" it by reloading the map file? This would be useful if, say, I needed warranty exchange w/ Cingular and obviously I don't want them finding out I messed with my firmware thus techinically voiding the warranty.
1a) What's a "testpoint"? Is it possible to simply unlock using the programs and not having the mess w/ the hardware?
2) I was wondering how to get the dev menu? I've tried the program available at http://www.lcard.ru/~gorinov/xsiemens.html
and calculation the code from my IMEI (but it says IMSI, not IMEI... whats the diff, and how to get IMSI, since I don't have irda or data cable abilities?) and put it in entry 250 of my SIM card, since that's the last according to the phone, but I never get the dev menu to work (menu>press '#', nothing happens). Hlep please? (I entered my IMEI into the program by using the command-line version of the program, available by dling the source code at the above link)
3) Is it true that you can't use a data cable (non-OEM) with a S56? I heard something about US providers crippling these phones so that you can't do that?
Last edited by paul34; 12-13-2003 at 19:03.
|01-22-2004, 19:26||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you ever figure anything out paul?
It's hard learning the ropes with phones. I'm just starting down the s56 road after learning everything about Moto P2k phones. I became an expert on the P280 if you need help with it, lol.
|04-26-2004, 10:00||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
landed up here looking up some answers for S56...
1. Freia will help for S56. U need to select S55 model.
2. testpoint is used when yio have a phone with damaged bootcore. so you supply an external boot using TP.
3. IMSI is International Mobile Subscriber Identity Module - the IMEI uniquely identifies a handset, IMSI uniquely identifies a SIM card..
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|S56 unlock help||ericdkauff||E-Gold Based Phones||9||04-17-2006 21:46|
|s56 cingular unlock help!! coming!! plz||davidliu21||E-Gold Based Phones||5||11-01-2005 17:25|
|s56 dead after flash help||nighthawk_65||E-Gold Based Phones||2||05-20-2005 12:25|
|Please help. Need full flash S56||blang||E-Gold Based Phones||3||02-17-2005 11:29|
|Help newbie unlock S56||Rovert||E-Gold Based Phones||0||05-10-2004 16:34|