GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > E-Gold Based Phones

E-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all E-Gold and E-Gold Lite based phones: A31,A52 A55, A57, A60, A62, A65, A70, AF51, AL21, AX72, AX75, C55, C60, CF62, CF110, M55, MC60, S55, SL55 And also post all about Joker & Freia in this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2003, 19:27   #1 (permalink)

Member: 46340
Thanks Meter: 0
S56 Help

I have a S56 with Cingular GSM in the States. I need some specific answer to help me out w/ it:

1) Will programs like Freia unlock the S56 is the S55 is chosen? (I KNOW there are other posts on this subject, but the only replies are "you gotta read up" and when searching for other posts in this forum the replies to them are "tell me what you find out" and never anything definitive) What are some good progs for unlocking S56? Also, can I "relock" it by reloading the map file? This would be useful if, say, I needed warranty exchange w/ Cingular and obviously I don't want them finding out I messed with my firmware thus techinically voiding the warranty.

1a) What's a "testpoint"? Is it possible to simply unlock using the programs and not having the mess w/ the hardware?

2) I was wondering how to get the dev menu? I've tried the program available at http://www.lcard.ru/~gorinov/xsiemens.html
and calculation the code from my IMEI (but it says IMSI, not IMEI... whats the diff, and how to get IMSI, since I don't have irda or data cable abilities?) and put it in entry 250 of my SIM card, since that's the last according to the phone, but I never get the dev menu to work (menu>press '#', nothing happens). Hlep please? (I entered my IMEI into the program by using the command-line version of the program, available by dling the source code at the above link)

3) Is it true that you can't use a data cable (non-OEM) with a S56? I heard something about US providers crippling these phones so that you can't do that?

tks

Last edited by paul34; 12-13-2003 at 20:03.
Old 01-22-2004, 20:26   #2 (permalink)

Member: 39574
Thanks Meter: 0
Did you ever figure anything out paul?

It's hard learning the ropes with phones. I'm just starting down the s56 road after learning everything about Moto P2k phones. I became an expert on the P280 if you need help with it, lol.

Doug
Old 04-26-2004, 10:00   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 54805
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul34
I have a S56 with Cingular GSM in the States. I need some specific answer to help me out w/ it:

1) Will programs like Freia unlock the S56 is the S55 is chosen?

1a) What's a "testpoint"? Is it possible to simply unlock using the programs and not having the mess w/ the hardware?

2) (but it says IMSI, not IMEI... whats the diff, and how to get IMSI, since I don't have irda or data cable abilities?)

tks
Hi!

landed up here looking up some answers for S56...

1. Freia will help for S56. U need to select S55 model.

2. testpoint is used when yio have a phone with damaged bootcore. so you supply an external boot using TP.

3. IMSI is International Mobile Subscriber Identity Module - the IMEI uniquely identifies a handset, IMSI uniquely identifies a SIM card..

bye