GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > S-Gold Based Phones

S-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all S-Gold based phones like: C65,C72,C75,C81,CF75,CX65,CX70,CX75,M65,M75,ME75, S65,S68,S75,S81,S82,S88,SK65,SP65,SL65,SL75 All about Papua Utils and x65 Flashers you can get it from here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 23:15   #1 (permalink)

Member: 254999
Thanks Meter: 0
Question c72v -> c72

Hello folks,

it's my first post here, so... hi :-)

For the past few days I've been trying to debrand c72v and change its lang pack. I know this has been a lot of times on the forum, but please check out that:

- I tried the fullflash method described by BB-gsm in http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=276885, but I have the same problem as houseman: "Can't connect to Mobile with BootstrapLoader on com1". Eventually houseman prevailed, but I can't figure out, what exactly he did to get past this obstacle
- COM port is ok: I used com1 to get rid of the simlock with x75 java applet and papua - 100% worked, simlock gone
- all I need now, is to change lang pack. I tried to download
official Siemens firmware upgrade, but of course "software update denied by mobile". I used papua to change variant in block 5005 to the same as upgrade has, but that didn't make the trick.
- I read some of you use x65flasher to change phone model. Unfortunatelly, x65flasher-1092 doesn't work for me. With logging enabled, it says --> "AT" and <-- (0 bytes), and when I press the red on/off button, it reads one byte <-- 00 (1 byte), but nothing happens, it's still scanning and scanning forever.

Could you please tell me how could I complete the fullflash process, or change the phone model to c72 (from c72v) ? Either is ok for me, because then the lang pack could be changed.

I use a simple china-made cable (but papua works fine with it, reads and writes all info ok). And about the flash papua says: FlashID(1) [...] 0089 (Intel) [...] 880D.

Thanks for any hints, greets,

topikpl
Old 04-26-2006, 13:38   #2 (permalink)

Member: 254999
Thanks Meter: 0
Ok, ok, thanks for all the responses.

I learned, that if you get symptoms like that, it means you've got wrong cable. To flash phone or to use x65flasher you need so called autoignition cable. Maybe someone could use this info in future.

topikpl