GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > S-Gold Based Phones

S-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all S-Gold based phones like: C65,C72,C75,C81,CF75,CX65,CX70,CX75,M65,M75,ME75, S65,S68,S75,S81,S82,S88,SK65,SP65,SL65,SL75 All about Papua Utils and x65 Flashers you can get it from here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 11:45   #1 (permalink)

Member: 162426
Thanks Meter: 0
Now I really need you help pls! (cxt65)

Hi2all!

Now I really need you help. Yes I know that there are some thread about this problem, and I wrote in some of these, but nobody wrote exact answers. Chris02 tried to help, and thank you, but this is the moment when I would like to ask you again. Please answer if you can.

So I have a siemens cx(t)65, which died "automatically" --- no wrong unlock, no wrong flash, just died when I tried to take a photo. Now I successfully get a T5 screw driver (and more, this is a very usefull toolbox with about 50 or 60 screw driver head - cool). So, I would like to save my user data, so I wouldn't like to do a full flash. Chris02 said that try to write only bootcore. Okay, so I make a testpoint (should I use a resistor? 5-10kOhm?), then write a bootcore. Okay, I have two questions: where can I get a bootcore (<36)? I searched through this forum and the net, but I not found... And the second: write with what? I have some softwares, but which is the best and the safiest way to do this job?
Then, if it is okay, can I save my datas from the phone? And the full flash?

Thank you for your help!

-vision-
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 41076
Thanks Meter: 53
Oh, sry, then I understood something wrong.

If your phone died while you made a foto update your phone first with winswup (or have you already tried)?

No data will be lost!
Old 08-30-2005, 13:02   #3 (permalink)

Yes, I tried to take a photo as I made it a lot of times. But then the phone switched off, and since then don't switch on. Battery is full, and it not responds to charging.

Okay, winswup. What I need for this? I have some winswup which has the things built-in (is it possible? the size of these exe files is about 9 or 10MBs if I remember good). And what should I do?

Thx.4.your.reply!

-vision-
Old 08-30-2005, 13:09   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 13239
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Yes, I tried to take a photo as I made it a lot of times. But then the phone switched off, and since then don't switch on. Battery is full, and it not responds to charging.

Okay, winswup. What I need for this? I have some winswup which has the things built-in (is it possible? the size of these exe files is about 9 or 10MBs if I remember good). And what should I do?

Thx.4.your.reply!

-vision-
Have you tried original update soft from siemens site??

Normaly the soft ask you to swicht on the phone to look for it in some port and then it swicht Off the phone and start flashing. But if phone is not detected, ask you select port and push ON button, same as other soft, to enter maybe in service mode. I recover this way a phone that was updating while a power fail swicht off my computer.

Regards
Old 08-30-2005, 13:19   #5 (permalink)

yeah, the first things what I tried to repair without "hard" work. But the softwares (original siemens, winswup, sst, eeprom tool) can't connect. So I must do test-point --- i think. Should I use a resistor? And what is with winsup?

thx
-vision-
Old 08-30-2005, 14:15   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7911
Thanks Meter: 7
I really don't think this is going to help - it sounds like a genuine hardware problem to me.

Try connecting using Papuas and the testpoint - if that works, then you can try the "new bcore" option and see if that fixes it.

You don't need a resistor - just check the "pause" box, short the TP to ground, start the phone up and then release the TP.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:32   #7 (permalink)

Maybe I do something wrong but I can't connect with TP. So. I started Papuas, checked Pause, connected TP to GND, then tried to short the "red button" --> nothing happened. I tried it several times, but as I said: maybe I'm the "stupid" for this operation

I removed the camera, the ear-piece, everything, and tried to switch on the phone with only LCD and keypad and another battery. Nothing happened.

So as I said I don't want this phone back: what is important for me is the datas (pictures and messages) inside it!!! Any idea?

I looked through the whole PCB for electrical or liquid damages...nothing.

Or maybe my data-cable wrong? I haven't got another x65 phone to test it, so how can I see that my cable is able for this operation?

Thx
-vision-
Old 09-01-2005, 08:25   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I think it's a hardware problem... Have you tried another battery - if the battery is defective or too low voltage, then these phones won't power up even with external power applied.

If you're completely stuck, then try and find someone that has SMT soldering equipment and a programmer with the right adapters for the flash, then open the dump file in Smelter. You should be able to get the files back this way.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:47   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMesh
I think it's a hardware problem... Have you tried another battery - if the battery is defective or too low voltage, then these phones won't power up even with external power applied.

If you're completely stuck, then try and find someone that has SMT soldering equipment and a programmer with the right adapters for the flash, then open the dump file in Smelter. You should be able to get the files back this way.
So try to power up with external power? Can you explain it a little bit more to me, or can you give me a link?

SMT soldering equipment. What is it? A Siemens service stuff?

-vision-
Old 09-01-2005, 13:10   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

No, what I meant was to physically remove the flash ROM from the phone and read it with external hardware. It sounds as if the phone won't power up at all, so no software based solution is going to help you.
Old 09-01-2005, 13:24   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
No, what I meant was to physically remove the flash ROM from the phone and read it with external hardware. It sounds as if the phone won't power up at all, so no software based solution is going to help you.
I'm understand now. So I need some device (flash programmer devices? --- I saw it on some pages), and directly read the datas from it, then extract with Smelter.

Okay. Now, have you ever did something like this, or you just know that things? And what chip stores my user datas? I opened the phone, and saw three chips (Infineon, and two more with a lot of numbers ).

:::thx:::
-vision-
Old 09-01-2005, 21:12   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Yeah, I've done this, but not with this particular phone. Sometime it's the only way to get data out of them. You will also need a BGA adapter with the right footprint for the flash chip in the phone - it's the 2nd largest chip (it probably has the intel "i" on it...)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:26   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I've done this, but not with this particular phone. Sometime it's the only way to get data out of them. You will also need a BGA adapter with the right footprint for the flash chip in the phone - it's the 2nd largest chip (it probably has the intel "i" on it...)
Man, you aren't kiddin' Okay. I would like to thank your answers again. And can you give me some link for tutorials, or something else which can be help for me? I have some (not so much) electronic knowledge (maybe this will be enough, I hope ), but this isn't easy I think, so I would like to get as much info as much I can.

-thx-

vision
Old 09-05-2005, 11:08   #14 (permalink)

I browsed some pages about programming IC-s, cables, softwares and more. But what devices needed? Can somebody give me exact device names?

thx
-vision-
Old 09-08-2005, 13:10   #15 (permalink)

I found a device "Pony Programmer", but I don't think that it is good for me. I found some more device for programming IC's, but I don't know the type of the siemens cxt65 IC (which stores mobile SW, images, messages, etc).

Humm...

-vision-