GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 17:40   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
Thanks Meter: 0

UPDATE

callLogReader v0.25

Change Log
Code optimisation, parsing and displaying call entry lists is now 25-30% faster.
Bug fix: 7-digit numbers in SMS entry details positioned wrong on the page

JAR is uncompressed so it starts faster

Still some more optimisations to do before going over to cost calculation.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Last edited by adancau; 09-01-2004 at 14:20.
Old 08-31-2004, 17:01   #17 (permalink)
Freak Poster

callLogReader v0.30B (see below for download)

Change Log since v0.25

Summary
Great functionality added since v0.25
Part of the interface is new and improved
Midlet is uncompressed so it starts faster

Details
- Status report during operations is now displayed at the top (lets you know exactly what's happening at the moment)
- Read time has been improved (again) since v0.25 by as much as 20%
- There are now 5 log entries displayed simultaneously, instead of the previous 3
- Icon has been added next to the title ([]Outgoing []Incoming etc., where [] is the icon)
- Counter is displayed in the top-right corner (x/y) so you know your position at all times
- Added call option directly in the big lists, so you don't have to view an entry in order to place a call (of course, you can still place a call from the detailed entry view). Use the green call button to make the call.
- Left / Right buttons in the list now add as day- / day+ in the list and scroll to the respective days
- When viewing the details for an entry, icon is displayed at the top next to the title in a similar fashion as in the call lists
- In entry details green button now makes the call, in addition to the Call button on the left key
- In entry details up/down arrows now scroll through the entries (next/previous)
- Going back to previous screens now puts you back exactly where you were

Known bugs: Sometimes the midlet freezes during the read operation (same as the bug mentioned in the LogReader release info). Doesn't happen very often. Long press on the red button should bring the phone back to its senses though.

Hope you enjoy the new release,
Andrei

Last edited by adancau; 09-01-2004 at 08:33.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:35   #18 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Update callLogReader v0.30b

This is a service release. There was a nasty bug at month change in v0.30 and logs were becoming unavailable on Sept 1. Please redownload and delete logs eding with *200401.log in Misc. I appologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Last edited by adancau; 09-01-2004 at 14:19.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65231
There is a bug in v0.30b. I have one message received today, and it shows it 3 times on display, like this:
08:55 +xxxxxxxxx
---End of list----
---End of list----
Old 09-01-2004, 10:19   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizionar
There is a bug in v0.30b. I have one message received today, and it shows it 3 times on display, like this:
---End of list----
---End of list----
Will be fixed in a new release later today, which apart from this will have history.

Andrei
Old 09-01-2004, 14:19   #21 (permalink)
Freak Poster

UPDATE

name has changed to logNavigator, to avoid confusion

logNavigator v0.40

Change Log

BugFix:
- less than 5 entries per entry list displaying repeatedly
- should handle files of up to 7-7.5KB

New functions:
- Total time is now displayed at the top of each relevant entry list
- Implemented history function in main screen under the Options menu. History will search for past logs (at the moment only during the current year) and will display a menu to select Year/Month. No need to input anything manually.

Last edited by adancau; 09-02-2004 at 09:47.
Old 09-01-2004, 14:50   #22 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65231
Excellent! You have many good ideas, and you've incorporated them very well in this midlet.
My suggestions would be:
- to increase capability of midlet to read bigger files, because I believe many people have log files of at least 10 Kb, and some even up to 20 Kb (my sms log reaches aboput 15 Kb) So, this would be something that needs to be focused on.
- to make total time in separate option (i.e. in Options>All calls out/in, like in LogReader) because it is the information one doesn't need all the time, and it's better to use that space in display to show two more items in list. Plus, log file will probably load faster when that calculation is separated from loading (which doesn't say that it loads it slowly now, but it would be even faster).

Last edited by vizionar; 09-01-2004 at 15:29.
Old 09-01-2004, 19:30   #23 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
Wow, I'm very impressed of this midlet! Its speed, funcitionality and also well looking is to admire...
Hm, I don't see any reason for developing my logReader midlet any further, so I will stop it now (before I'm running out of time *g*).

@adancau: You're doing well work, midlet is already super. I think I won't be a concurrent for you since both midlet's are quite the same. But I can still give some ideas or advices for programing. I'm sending you source code of logreader 0.23 soon.

@vizionar: Good ideas, the last one I'm supporting: time of all calls is useful as an option, not as a permanent line. Or maybe making an option for showing / not showing this line.
Old 09-01-2004, 20:34   #24 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizionar
Excellent! You have many good ideas, and you've incorporated them very well in this midlet.
My suggestions would be:
- to increase capability of midlet to read bigger files, because I believe many people have log files of at least 10 Kb, and some even up to 20 Kb (my sms log reaches aboput 15 Kb) So, this would be something that needs to be focused on.
- to make total time in separate option (i.e. in Options>All calls out/in, like in LogReader) because it is the information one doesn't need all the time, and it's better to use that space in display to show two more items in list. Plus, log file will probably load faster when that calculation is separated from loading (which doesn't say that it loads it slowly now, but it would be even faster).
Thanks for the appreciation. Regarding your suggestions:
- There will be a new version tomorrow morning, which will include support for files up to 16KB. Had to do some serious code reshuffling in order to achieve this, and still have some minor bugs left (that's the reason I didn't post it tonight - I'm dead, worked on the midlet all day). I think that 16-17KB is the limit though, and won't go any further up than that. I might try, but this won't be a priority unless people request it due to being unable to read their logs. In other words, 16KB ought to be enough for everybody.

- There will be an option (not sure though if in tomorrow's morning release) to show/hide the total time. It loads faster indeed without the total time. Even faster than before after the code reshuffling.

Kind regards,
Andrei
Old 09-01-2004, 20:41   #25 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
Wow, I'm very impressed of this midlet! Its speed, funcitionality and also well looking is to admire...
Hm, I don't see any reason for developing my logReader midlet any further, so I will stop it now (before I'm running out of time *g*).

@adancau: You're doing well work, midlet is already super. I think I won't be a concurrent for you since both midlet's are quite the same. But I can still give some ideas or advices for programing. I'm sending you source code of logreader 0.23 soon.

@vizionar: Good ideas, the last one I'm supporting: time of all calls is useful as an option, not as a permanent line. Or maybe making an option for showing / not showing this line.
I'm really glad you like it. You shouldn't stop working though if your free time allows it, there are lots of people who enjoy and use your midlet.

It would be great to hear your ideas, and everybody else's as well. We want to make it better after all.
Thanks for sending me the source code, it should help me to improve the middlet for a future release.

Will include option not to show the total time, it's really useful, since after the code reshuffling files are parsed at least 20-30% faster than before. With it enabled it's about as fast as before.

Kind regards,
Andrei
Old 09-01-2004, 21:10   #26 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I have idea about key control of your midlet:
When you look at log list, you already can skip the days with left/right arrow. Could you also include page up/down with volume +/- keys? It's better for people who are not having 10s of calls each day.
For page up/down I think of skipping five entries forward/backward with a special feature: you have a loop in your list, but with page up/down it would be nice of make a stop at the beginning/end of list, if you're reaching it. That will be quite intuitive.
So you can "turn-over" (end <-> beginning) the list with arrow up/down, but not with page up/down.
Erm, do you understand? *g* It's not so simple to explain. Should I draw something? (For programing: J2ME: key values -13 and -14 in Canvas.keypressed(int keycode) routine)
Old 09-02-2004, 06:56   #27 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
That's a good idea!
Or how about that. Like in LogReade, left and right arrow to activate the view mode if you are working in the lists..and the +/- buttons to jump to next day
Old 09-02-2004, 09:57   #28 (permalink)
Freak Poster

UPDATE

logNavigator v0.45

Change Log

- Support for files up to 16KB
- Control Panel added under Options menu, for future expansion
- Show Time option in Control Panel. Default is Hide - will not calculate/show Total Time in call lists. Other options - Show / Round Minutes. Round Minutes is due to request by guguly (the cellphone company i subscribed to rounds of seconds to minutes. So, even if I make a 2:30 call, its counted as 3 minutes; 6:10, as 7 minutes, etc.), and I figured other people might want this feature.
- History is now faster, but you need to have outgoing calls log for the months in a:\Misc, otherwise month with no outgoing call log (cd20040x) will be ignored.
- Controls have changed a bit:
- Call option is now exclusively on the green Call Button
- Left/Right buttons default to Back/Show
- PgUp/PgDown (+/- 5 lines) on the volume buttons
- Next/Prev Day on the record/play buttons

Other than bugfixes, work will now proceed in the direction of cost control implementation. Might take a while to get this done (might be a week+ or so, depending on the spare time I have), so don't hold your breath while waiting for it.

Well, I hope you enjoy the new release.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Last edited by adancau; 09-02-2004 at 20:11.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:32   #29 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Great new version! Thank you for implementing ideas about key control. Now it's a lot better (at least my opinion). History is loading fast enough for I don't need it soo often.

Unfortunately I have a bug-report: I can't read my SMS anymore... you must have changed something in reading entries because last version was doing well. It's no problem of missed cd2004.. file, I also can't read my SMS from previous month.
My suspicion: I get sometimes SMS with a name instead of a number. That's a kind of standard, but Rizas patch is giving me not the name but "+749785<2>238>:>2". Maybe that's a reason.
Effect in midlet: It hangs while "Readling log...", but using history or control panel, I can get back to log list.

Another idea for control: could you make a number steering for log lists and for the date? If you are viewing e.g. outgoing calls from 09/2004, you can switch the following:
1: go to previous log list
3: go to next log list. This will switch through outgoing, incoming, missed, sms.
If there is no entry, you will go to next list, etc. until you're coming back to the first list which is defenitely existing.

I have more ideas for control, but those can wait until cost calculation. But I have idea for cost calc: you should be able to configure the rounding of the minutes.
Now it's rounded in every case, but in Germany most things are rounded "60/1" that means first minute is charged full, then it's second precise. Or 60/30 (first minute full, then rounded every 30 seconds), 60/10, 10/10, etc. It's easy to program, I can give you source concept if you want.
Old 09-02-2004, 14:20   #30 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
Unfortunately I have a bug-report: I can't read my SMS anymore... you must have changed something in reading entries because last version was doing well. It's no problem of missed cd2004.. file, I also can't read my SMS from previous month.
My suspicion: I get sometimes SMS with a name instead of a number. That's a kind of standard, but Rizas patch is giving me not the name but "+749785<2>238>:>2". Maybe that's a reason.
You mean that's the actual number recorded? (+749785<2>238>:>2)??
Might be because of this, I will have to check. It would help to send me your sms log (I realize they are private, so it's up to you though. I live in +40 and calls to +74 are quite expensive on the other hand, so you can rest assured that in the interest of my own pockets I will refrain from calling anyone ).

I will try to insert the number in my logs though, see what happens. If I can reproduce I won't be needing the log. Will keep you posted.

Anyone else with this problem?

Andrei

Edit:
Ok, I got it. I use char[][13] to store the number, so I get a nice ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, since the number there is 17 digits long. I expected all the numbers to be in the +40123456789 format, which is 12 characters long. Will correct this.