GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 20:26   #346 (permalink)

Member: 91950
Thanks Meter: 0

OK. I've switched to power saving mode ) and this is what I found annoying:

Can a patch be made, so that the illumination is off by default, when using the phone to turn it on with a shortcut so that it stays on untill the phone locks, than when I unlock again, the illumination to be off again. (huff)

Or a different scenario:
To be able to turn the phone off only if the backlight is on, the red button to behave as when the phone is locked,, longpressed red button (phone is unlocked) - light turns on, longpress again - phone turns off.

I hope some1 understood me
Old 04-19-2005, 21:07   #347 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
Ok, one more idea. A proper alarm clock for the SL45, that allows to set the days of the week when it is active, also whether it is enabled or disabled. You know, the standard Siemens alarm clock, later to be found in all the phones, minus the SL45.

And actually it could be taken one step forward, allowing to set different times for each day of the week. But this is just a dream, I'd settle for the standard one
Old 04-20-2005, 04:59   #348 (permalink)

Member: 65830
how about a copy and paste function within all text boxes in the sl45? just like in the recent nokia series 60 phones.you hold a button and highlight the texts to be copied, and paste it somewhere..

-another patch would be "reply with history" and the chat sms function.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:34   #349 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
@whacko:
1) I think I know what you want. It's quite possible (I think so). You can define an action peformed when unlocking keys (small patch). There we make action "turn off light". The other thing, make light on shortcut, is also easy, I have light on/off on plus-button. For "locking phone" there's nothing to change because the light automatically goes off AND it also is (with our patch) switched off when unlocking. When I'm home again, I can have a look for these things.
2) I don't know if there's an illumination flag - we could use this to make the patch. Again, the patch is easy, IF somebody finds the flag to check the light status.

@adancau: Great idea, but I know too less to set appointments with assembler code. If somebody knows how to set appointments through binary, I could write some binary looking like alarm clock that sets the appointment.
Or another way: if we knew how the checking routine works that checks "hey, do we have to alert because it's an appointment?!" - then we could enhance it with alarm clock checks...

@Nerissa: seems complicated to built in marking function. That's not to be done with a patch because there's no similar function for that already existing (that's the way patches work: patches modfiy existing functions - not writing new ones)
What is "reply with history" and "chat SMS"?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:00   #350 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
@adancau: Great idea, but I know too less to set appointments with assembler code. If somebody knows how to set appointments through binary, I could write some binary looking like alarm clock that sets the appointment.
Or another way: if we knew how the checking routine works that checks "hey, do we have to alert because it's an appointment?!" - then we could enhance it with alarm clock checks...
Can anyone take a look into the S/ME45 firmware? the routines should be available there, if anyone knows where they are they should share this with us.

I don't think it should set appointments in the appointment list. Another idea - although it might have nothing to do with this - how does the Hourly Beep produce the beep every hour or X minutes in the latest version? might be the same thing we're looking for, checking the time and producing a sound at given interval?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:58   #351 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
Hourly beep produces beep every X minutes, starting from 00:00. Example: you set x=17, then the beep comes at 0:00, 0:17, 0:34, 0:51, 1:08, etc... The last version of hourly beep is only an extension because someone asked for beep every 15 or 30 minutes. Also you can have vibra once as alert sound.

You're right, we can extend hourly beep to check for daily time for having alarm clock function. But there would be difficulty how to set the time and date (suggestion: somewhere in eeprom, using bin file for setting comfortably).
Second problem, I don't know how to start the appointment alert. Maybe Riza knows? Otherwise we could only do playTone, which means endless playing - until we start "stop sound" program. Or (third way) maybe it'll work writing an own "on/off/later" alert screen. That sounds complicated but possible...
Old 04-20-2005, 13:18   #352 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
Do we still need a "modern" alarm clock? We can use a Weekly Appointment style to do that right?
Old 04-20-2005, 13:37   #353 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizapn
Do we still need a "modern" alarm clock? We can use a Weekly Appointment style to do that right?
Yes, but it clutters up the appointment list if you actually use it. Not to mention that setting/resetting/enabling/disabling an alarm would take longer than when doing the same on a centralised alarm.
Old 04-20-2005, 14:13   #354 (permalink)
No Life Poster

What do you mean with "clutters up" the app list ? We only need 1 item to do that job ...
Old 04-20-2005, 14:45   #355 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizapn
What do you mean with "clutters up" the app list ? We only need 1 item to do that job ...
I currently use one entry in the appointment list for the alarm clock function. It's called Alarm Clock, is daily, and has a certain time. It's pretty unnerving though having to turn it off every friday evening (I keep forgetting , result being me waking up as if having to go to work).
On newer phones the built-in alarm clock allows to set the days the alarm rings. To be able to reproduce this, we would need 7 weekly entries (one for each day) in the appointment list, that's why I say it clutters up the list (at least I use the appointment list extensively for day-to-day reminders, so it's pretty crowded in there already )
Hope this made sense.
Old 04-20-2005, 15:00   #356 (permalink)
No Life Poster

No ...
you just need to create 1 entry in the Appointment, and then select Weekly as a "Reoccurrence", and then: you can select days for that alarm. I think, that is exactly the ones we are talking about right ?
Old 04-20-2005, 15:05   #357 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Whoaaaaa!! I had absolutely NO IDEA that pressing Change on Weekly allows to select the days, I thought it would go on to Monthly. Ok, me stupid, sorry. Well, in that case, I suppose the alarm clock is not that necessary, I can cope with this very well. Many thanks for pointing this out.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:49   #358 (permalink)

@rc-flitzer:
reply with history function lets you add your reply to the sender's message. for example if you received a message with "Hi! How are you?" and then you choose the reply with history function you'll be sending your reply this way: "Hi! How are you? -Fine!"

the chat sms function is just like a typical instant messenger window..but you use standard sms in sending and receiving replies.it's like this in a window:

John: hello!
Me: oh, hi!
John: what are you doin?

------you type your message and upon sending it, the message is shown too in the window.exactly just like instant messenger windows.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51   #359 (permalink)

and is it possible to implement the developed sms remote control function made for sl45 v5508?

i assume if you left your phone at home, you just send a special coded message to that phone and it can do either:
tell you how many new messages you have, and from whom
how many missed calls, and even forward to your current number your unread messages..
Old 04-21-2005, 06:38   #360 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 66040
Thanks Meter: 14
@Nerissa:
Quote:
reply with history function lets you add your reply to the sender's message. for example if you received a message with "Hi! How are you?" and then you choose the reply with history function you'll be sending your reply this way: "Hi! How are you? -Fine!"
While viewing new sms, Option->Reply->Answer YES/Answer NO etc
It does this function. You can change the Answer YES to a blank through a Language Editor.