GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2004, 20:31   #166 (permalink)

Member: 35707
Thanks Meter: 0

Is it possible, to create a patch,that would move all the sms's form the SIM card to the Archive automatically? Or could someone make a function to move all sms's together and not one by one?
Old 08-08-2004, 22:55   #167 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
I managed to create a programm that writes ASCII keystrokes into it HEX and DEC code. I hope some people find it usefull... if you use extra signs... maybe like in german Ä Ü Ö then the code can't be used in the mobile phone.

I add an compiled version and the source code in one zip file. Kill the .TXT suffix and unpack it. I think it will help some people out here. Written in QB in a few minutes The DOS mode windows also allows copy and paste action - try to use the programm NOT in fullscreen mode, you'll loose copy and paste ability
Attached Files
File Type: txt HEX$.zip.txt (20.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-09-2004, 12:17   #168 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
Patch request!

Remove the "Keylock set - Long press of # to release" message - why?
Because if you installed Read SMS on Keylock v4 and it is dark and you just want to see the clock or if there was any incoming SMS you press the red button long to turn on light. Now with the "RSK v4" patch the Keylock message is displayed
Old 08-11-2004, 11:18   #169 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
Store the Data of the SMS-Report NOT in eeprom but on mmc, as in cdr-patch.

It´s much better to prevent "buggy" data (16720 SMS Received, even in SCI v4)...
Old 08-11-2004, 22:05   #170 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65231
Is it possible to make caller groups option on SL45? As it is now, it only has "normal" and VIP...
Old 08-13-2004, 14:57   #171 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
There's a byte flag for each contact saved in adress book file. But as there is no such thing like a select menu for the groups (only a checkmark whether VIP or not), it wouldn't be helpful changing the flag.
But hey, we have many replacements for caller groups: individual ringtones for each calling number, calling images, maybe different SMS tones in future. Isn't that enough?
Old 08-13-2004, 15:25   #172 (permalink)

Member: 27684
Hello guys

I've got a new idea for a patch. The normal function of unlocking the keys really gets on my nerves.
My new way of unlocking the keys:

- keys are locked
- press a wanted key -> keys are still locked
- repeat the wanted key in a very short period of time (for example 200ms) -> the function of the key would be released and the keys will be unlocked
- the keys will be unlocked until they are locked again by the user

When the key is repeated in a longer period of time or any other key is pressed, the phone goes back in the keylocked state and waits for new keyinputs. So it is guaranteed that only user-wanted-pressing-of-keys leads to unlocking the keys respectively the function of the keys.

This unlocking-function has to work for short and long(if available) pressing functions at the second press of the key.

I know it is a lot of work to create this patch but it would be VERY great if someone would do this.
I think i'm not the only one who is interested in this patch.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:38   #173 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 69110
Can the following patch be converted to SL45?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch_me
;*** CID.Display Cell-ID in decimal.***
;Firmware : SME45iv04
;Author : $Lava
;Version : 0.2
;
;Display Cell-ID (Netmonitor) in decimal.
; now it looks CIxxxxz
;where xxxx-BaseStation
; z-CellNumber
;

; IN-CALL
;0x559A02: D7405B00F2FC9E23F0D8F0E906FD1A00E05FDAFFE8410D09
; STAND-BY
;0x559C08: D7405B00F2FC9E23F0D8F0E906FD1300E05FDAFFE8410D09

;Customization
;dont display 'CI' text
0x559A10: 1A 18
0x559C16: 13 11
Old 08-14-2004, 10:19   #174 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65231
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
There's a byte flag for each contact saved in adress book file. But as there is no such thing like a select menu for the groups (only a checkmark whether VIP or not), it wouldn't be helpful changing the flag.
But hey, we have many replacements for caller groups: individual ringtones for each calling number, calling images, maybe different SMS tones in future. Isn't that enough?
Yes, those options are more than enough However, the reason I asked for call groups is that I need a way to organize my addressbook. There are too many entries and if there were groups I could sort them by group, like it is possible with VIP and normal...
So, now that I now there are flags, not groups in SL45, I'll modify the question Is there a way to insert more flags?
Old 08-15-2004, 14:42   #175 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@piit: Maybe you misanderstand the usage of the keylock feature. It has the meaning that you can't unintetionally (maybe if phone's in trousers' pocket) press some keys, do functions and even call some expensive number - and you don't notice it!
So, pressing a key long or pressing some keys in special order (like 1,3,7 on some phones) prevents from unlocking the keys if it's not wanted. What you want is just more comfort, but in that case (if you don't want this security) I say to you: don't activate keylock!

@vizionar: A solution would be to add a single char at beginning of the contact's name as a replacement for groups. That will sort your contacts in the wanted order.
To the flags: The added of flags or groups, it's all the same. Someone has to extend the address book menu (changing contacts) for not just selecting Vip/no Vip but choosing the group. This is somehow difficult I think, you need to find this position in phone's software, add new menu, change the insert routine that sets the flag in address book file... etc.
Old 08-15-2004, 14:59   #176 (permalink)

@rc-flitzer
I don't think that i misunderstood the meaning of keylocking.
But my way of unlocking the keys is much more comfortable in my opinion.

And i also think that it is a bit safer too.
Atm my phone could be unlocked by long pressing "#" and sometimes i get my phone out of the pocket and it is unlocked!!!
I think that in usage of my "unlocking function" that wouldn't happen.
Old 08-15-2004, 15:29   #177 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@piit: You can also re-activate the standard way of unlocking: press # and (in time of 2 seconds) right softkey, that's more safe than long press #. Also your double-click is somehow dangerous, in car or elsewhere you have vibrations.
But, apart from that discussion: it's a whole lot of work, maybe even impossible. If you want those specialized configuration, buy a smartphone with Symbian or Windows.
Old 08-15-2004, 15:39   #178 (permalink)

The standard way of unlocking is really bad. It is very uncomfortable.

I know that this patch needs a lot of work. But i thought that some guys would be interested in it and will test whether it is possible and maybe create the patch.

And i still think that this way of unlocking is safe for unwanted pressing

We'll see if somebody will do it ... i hope so *gg* ... and i would pay for it
Old 08-15-2004, 17:16   #179 (permalink)

Member: 34766
@Patchers; is it possible to create a patch that add "Auto KeyLock" Function in each
Profile (instead of ----Help----- menu)

another idea:
A patch that use "Cell-ID" (Location) and Automatically change Profiles
for example:
{
if ( i am in Home ) /*Cell-ID = 2016*/
Profile = Normal Environ.
else
Nochange;
} /* Cell-IDs in a file on MMC */ !

tanX Riza...
tanX All Patch Masters.

[sorry 4 my poor english]
Old 08-15-2004, 17:58   #180 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 27936
I think it's a silly question.why do you want auto keylock in each profile? there's one in setup menu and you can enable or disable it. Try to think then ask.

for second one, there's already "Auto profile swapping and auto backlight" selectable patch. find it in patch section and apply it.