Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|07-01-2005, 09:35||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
SL45: Please help me understand a few things
I have searched this forum in bits n pieces. Ive learned a lot but still there are many things that I dont understand, I need help to fill in the missing info.
1. In the 'Patches' sticky post, it shows some hex values about how to modify the EEPROM of the mobile. Through which software can I modify the EEPROM? I have the Siemens EEPROM Tool by SkyLord, Im not able to use it. Is it of any help in making those patches to my SL45?
2. If so, when I run the program and press the Init button, it shows 'Scanning...' and nothing happens after then. It doesnt even give an error if the mobile set is not in the station. How to use it? Its README.TXT is not in english.
3. Is modifying the EEPROM safe? What if something goes wrong.. will the mobile set just 'die' ? Can the EEPROM be restored if something goes wrong?
4. Is there a limit as to how many patches can be done to the EEPROM? Can all the patches be applied (which of course are not in contradiction with each other)? Does it increase the EEPROM size when patches are applied? If so how to check the free space of EEPROM as to know how many more patches can be applied.
5. What are the .EEP files supposed to be? How to use them?
6. Im have a battery problem ever since I upgraded from original SL45 firmware to v56 and enabled JAVA. I read somewhere about 'recaliberating'. What does it do? How to do it? I downloaded a file called 'sl45-battery.eep' from someplace I dont recall. It is supposed to fix my battery strength problem. Will it? How to use this file?
7. What are .BIN, .MAP and .BLK files ?
8. I downloaded some mods such as graphical menu for SL45, etc. Those files contain a .VKP file. What is that supposed to be? How to use it?
Please try and answer all the questions. Im sure the answers to the above questions can be very handy to newbies. Thank you very very much!!
|07-01-2005, 10:42||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Poland
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. I use V_Klay, You paste code of patch and click in Apply patch. You must put in your phone to the station. Your phone must be off.
2. Siemens EEprom tool can change block of eeprom. When You click INIT, next you must put in off phone to the station.
3. Modyfication in EEprom are safe if you know what do you do. Applying patch (from Patches are safe because you can delete it. But remember, you should make backup of your software. Then You can be safe. If your modyfication are wrong you can delete patch, if it doesn`t help, You can apply your backup.
4. You can apply patches almost without limitation but remember, some patches use the same adress and then you must relocated patch(if it is possible)
5. .EEP are block of EEprom (not patches)
6. You must use Siemens EEprom tool, then remove block 67 from eeprom next you extract block with file 'sl45-battery.eep' and thanks to Siemens EEprom tool you must apply it in EEprom next you save changes and leave phone in station for 12 hours.
7. Bin are binary files, you can use it if you have special patch - these are "small programs" (?) , BLK are battery settings in file, You can apply it thanks to 'Siemens Sensor Tool" - BLK contains settings of battery. Some people can incline battery to works longer. Sometimes your battery can be better but sometimes can be worse
Map - I don`t know, I never use it
8. Vkp are files of V_Klay, patches are usually saved in this format. You can apply it thanks to V_Klay.
Uff I hope You`ll understand me and I don`t introduce You in mistake
|07-03-2005, 14:21||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thats a wonderful reply. One more thing.. I think I searched and came accross a site to download V_Klay (www.valeravi****). Is this the correct site? The file wasnt downloading.. seems like a broken link.
Where to download V_Klay?
Thank you very much!
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|please help me to unlock N97 [ANSWERED]||longgiang81||Genie Universal||2||03-30-2010 09:18|
|please help me understand these fail test||ferdie1969||Cyclonebox||2||09-21-2009 10:54|
|Please help me understand||Constantyn||E-Gold Based Phones||7||09-01-2004 10:22|
|Please help me understand||Constantyn||E-Gold Based Phones||0||08-29-2004 13:41|