GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   x4x, x5x Flashpatching (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f341/)
-   -   SLIKv56: Flash Patching (3rd part) ... (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f341/slikv56-flash-patching-3rd-part-78757/)

rizapn 03-28-2003 00:24

SLIKv56: Flash Patching (3rd part) ...

The 1st and 2nd part of SLIKv56 Flash Patching already too long. Let's continue it here ...

PLEASE ...

1. There is a sticky posting about "Flash Patching". Post only (please...) a flash patching there. DO NOT post any comment, suggestion, or discussion in THAT STICKY TOPIC !!!. That sticky is created to help everyone who really want to search patch with more easy... Let's make it clear and shorter ...

2. Please do not create one unique topic for requesting patch. Use this topic to post your request, comment, suggestion, or discussion about flash patching.

3. Please read at least the sticky ones (and better if you read also the 1st and the 2nd part of "Flash Patching" topics), before posting any patch request.

ALREADY PATCHED:
- Inbox, Outbox, Illumination, and Archive programmable hotkey
- Additional "_nnn_nnn" string in the SMS Archive filename
- "Send via IrDA" for JAR file
- *,#,and 0 followed by [GREEN] shortcut
- Disable "Do you want to copy all SIM Card ..."
- Shortcut for "Card-Explorer" and "SIM-Location"
- 0 and # followed by Right-Soft-Key shortcut
- Band-Selection menu under Network-Setup
- Disable AeroCheck
- Activate NetMonitor
- Short press of # for unlock
- Switch between SIM-Location and Addressbook for SMS
- Assign Any Melody to Any Phone Number
- Animated Screen Saver and Operator Logo
- Use only long-press of # for unlock
- Unhide Calendar menu for During Calls mode
- Earphone Correction after ffmod Modification
- Hide SIM Application Menu
- Add Voice Command menu items
- Use 0-9,*,# followed by Left-Soft-Key as shortcuts
- Doing something else while playing MP3
- Use SIM-Location for SMS while playing MP3
- Modify MP3Player FF function to become SKIP or QUIT
- Unhide "Card-Explorer" menu for phone without SIM-Card
- Programmable Run Midlet shortcut
- Midlet shortcut using 0,9,#, and + followed by [RIGHT]
- Direct new entry for SIM-Location
- '\\' and '/' for Filename input
- Using midlet as a Screen Saver

Thank's for ALL,
RizaPN

masterross 03-28-2003 00:38

hi Riza,
i know that Shortcut for "Card-Explorer" and "SIM-Location" is already made
but cant use together Up arrow - "SIM-Location" and Right arrow - "Card-Explorer"
these pathes uses same byte
please help me for that

ValeraVi 03-28-2003 00:42

@RizaPN
Thank's for all this usefull patches!
But, can you tell me it is hard to assign some key (is is better for me that it will be a long press of one key) for toggling between profiles "Norm.Environ." and "Quiet Environ."?
Best regards, ValeraVi.

rizapn 03-28-2003 00:57

@masterross:
Why don't you use LEFT Arrow for SIM-Location?
Don't you need your Voice Dial capability ?

@ValeraVi:
Is it not same with long-press of * button?
It will turn all sound OFF or ON right?

RizaPN

masterross 03-28-2003 01:25

i didnt use left arrow couse i better to use down arrow - address book and up arrow - sim-location
bur never mind
for me it's much important to find way to wiev bitmap before upload to screen (like S/Me45)

miriddin 03-28-2003 06:38

Thanks RizaPN for your great work!
About the "midlet as screensaver" patch, i would like to know if i need to reset the preview "start animation screensaver" patch.

Rojer 03-28-2003 07:27

@Riza
Hi, Riza! What about the patch showing both caller number and name? It will be very useful.

gosicnarf 03-28-2003 07:45

Hi RIZAPN the midlet for screensaver is very nice... i placed your rpnClock on it and it is wonderfull!:D

but one think i noticed is that you cannot access now the the PTT Button when keypad is locked....

is it possible to have this patch as well??? together with the screensaver???

ValeraVi 03-28-2003 09:20

@rizapn
Thank's for you answer.
If i long press * the sounds is turned OFF and ON - i know this, but then (when i turn OFF sound by long press * ) i dont feel a incoming calls.
If, when i turn sound OFF also vibra will be turned ON (and - if i turn sound ON, vibra also turned OFF) it will be beautifully. May be this method is more easy to implement for you, if you want?

pgiersz 03-28-2003 11:28

@rizapn
can you add a scroll at the right side when i'm in inbox and outbox menu???
sorry for my english :-)

gr_diver 03-28-2003 12:26

@ValeraVi
why don't you enable the silent alert in the profile, so that it will vibrate nomatter whether sound is ON or OFF by long *?

ValeraVi 03-28-2003 13:37

I do not have a problem with turn ON and OFF the sounds and the vibra!!! I have read the maunal and i know how i can turn all this stuff OFF and ON!!!!
My problem is:
Every day i go to the work at morning. And at evening i go to home :) At work i use profile "Quiet" - because i DO NOT want that my phone is ringing by the speaker - only by the vibra - because at work my mobile is in my pocket and i can easy feel the incoming call. At home - my mobile lies at the desk, and use "Normal" profile - vibra is OFF, sounds is ON. And if i go to the another room i can heart the ring from speaker (i cannot hear the vibra if i in another room :)).... And my general problem - that every day (minimum - twice in a day) i must switch between "Norm" and "Quiet" profiles. For do this i must press a lot amount of buttons :): *, RigthSoftKey, UpKey (or DownKey), RigthSoftKey, RedKey. I.e - 5 keys. And therefore i ask RizaPN to help me to decrease amount of key to ONE LONG PRESS of some sey (for examlpe key8).

ProjectZero 03-28-2003 15:06

˛ Riza
i love your midlet-screensaver-patch! the only thing, you can improve is the remove of the keylock. in this patch it suffices to press the red button for a short time. i think it will be more perfect, if i have to press the #button longly.
i hope, it's possible...

vikado77 03-28-2003 15:52

@rizaPN:
i love your midlet-screensaver-patch too.
and i use your clock.
But now i can't see, if i get a message, if the midlet is on.
Is it possible, to keep the menu-text, where your name is shown at your clock.
So you can recognize, if you get a call or a message, like at the animated logo!!!
Is it possible??

by_men 03-28-2003 17:53

Hello

J like RizaPN patche`s but the screen saver patch is excellent
But J have problem ,J can`t see if get SMS or anybody call for my .
Maybe you can remake your patch ... ??

..Sorry for my english .. J still learn english ..

DjCook 03-28-2003 19:26

I am happy with it.. :) No need to edit midlet patch :)
But I have another request :) :) :)
1. I`d like to add in Records>>Calls Dialed>>Options>>Delete, or redo Delete all, so I can delete numbers one by one, not all at once :)
2. And I still need MORE GROUPS :) :) :p

3.Dear Riza or someone, ho undrstand, please check the entry point for:
String 688:<95> Send Ringtone
String 1173:<95> Minesweeper
String 1175:<95> Labyrinth

It is possible, than functions are disabled, like Net Monitor, I think It`s possible to turn it on :)

vikado77 03-29-2003 00:16

but for people, who get important sms and calls, it is usefull, to edit this!

rizapn 03-29-2003 00:19

@miriddin:
To make it clear, yes, you need to reset the old patch if the new version of that patch is coming or there is another patch with very similar function.

@ValeraVi:
OK. Let me think about that profile functionality (no promise, but I'll try)

@Rojer:
I still remember that patch. But, there is some problem to finish that patch. I already know the entry-point of displaying name and number function, but I still have no idea how to move one of them to the next line, so they will displayed together.

@pgiersz:
No, I will not do that ...

About "Screen Saver Midlet" patch:
@gosicnarf, @vikado77
That patch use a normal midlet. So, all midlet running habbit is present. There is *NO* possibility (as far as I know) to combine midlet with some standard phone function, just like : accessing main menu, displaying text message, or using VoiceCommand throught the PTT button. If we want to have *ALL* normal function, then we can not use midlet as a screen saver, we have to use the firmware built-in function to create a new screen saver function.

@ProjectZero:
And about the midlet, if we want to use another button for exiting from midlet, we need to modify the midlet, not the patch. So, modify the midlet, or use another midlet, or ask about that midlet modification.

@by_men:
Are you sure that you can not receive a call?

@DjCook:
- I still try to find that Delete possibility.
- More Group? Sorry (maybe somebody else want to provide this?)...
- Thanks about that string index. Let me search ...

RizaPN

vikado77 03-29-2003 01:24

@ALL:
Which midlets do you use for keylock.
Have somnebody good ideas, which midlets are good for this?

rizapn 03-29-2003 02:35

Insert Timbre Options for MP3Player

*** 41. Insert "Timbre" Options for MP3Player ***

Firmware : SL45v56
Author : RizaPN
Release : March 29, 2003

While MP3 Player is running, press button '8' will change the BASS setting, and press '0' will change the PITCH setting.

0x3BA196 : EA 00 C8 A3 -> FA C7 80 D4

0x27D480: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> 46 F1 30 00 3D 15 DA D0
0x27D488: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> CE 5C 2D 02 E0 0C 0D 01
0x27D490: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> E0 1C DA D0 98 5C DA D0
0x27D498: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> CE 5C 2D 03 E6 FD FE 03
0x27D4A0: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> 0D 02 E6 FD 83 06 E0 1C
0x27D4A8: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> DA E6 98 F1 FA DB C8 A3
0x27D4B0: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> 46 F1 38 00 3D FB DA D0
0x27D4B8: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> C2 5C 2D 02 E0 0C 0D 01
0x27D4C0: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> E0 1C DA D0 7A 5C DA D0
0x27D4C8: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF -> C2 5C 2D EB E6 FD FD 03
0x27D4D0: FF FF -> 0D EA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RizaPN

miriddin 03-29-2003 06:47

@RizaPN:

Thanks for your help. I think the better midlet to use during keylock would be your clock midlet and, as you told us before and if you can, the best solution to the "PTT problem" can be mapping PTT command as "RPNClock EXIT command " in your midlet(if it could be done).

Please,take this as a possible advice from someone with no midlet programming knowledge: i'm more than happy with your actual great job! ;o)

rizapn 03-29-2003 07:04

Screen Saver Midlet

<deleted>

by_men 03-29-2003 09:10

Sorry RizaPN ,When who call 4me the screen screensaver is turn off . But J have problem You say
"Midlet format is same with the one used by "Midlet Shortcut" patch,
but this patch use only "a:/java/s/x.jad" (real x.jad filename, no need to rename it) midlet caller."
What is that X ??
The name of middlet is x.jad ?? Because if J have name x.jad its not working ...
Can somebod make 4me *.vkp file with this patch ??

by_men 03-29-2003 09:19

And J have problem with This patch *** 41. Insert "Timbre" Options for MP3Player *** If J try insert this patch 4 my phone in V_Klay ,Program display " Line 9; Bad symbol after data " Where is problem ??

pctec 03-29-2003 09:25

Quote:

Originally posted by DjCook

I think Minesweeper and Labyrinth are games in SL ;) (Surf-fun>Games) I have 6688>SL45i and i have it.

DjCook 03-29-2003 11:01

Unfortenly, only You have this games.. :) (Lucky Bastard :))
But give us a few days :) :p

pctec 03-29-2003 11:51

I play labyrinth with playing mp3 - with version 02 of that patch i haven´t seeking in music :D

miriddin 03-29-2003 12:25

@by_men
You need to choice the midlet, then copy the midlet.jad file into the "S" directory and rename it"X.jad"
NOw, edit the midlet jar url in the x.jad file to point to your choosen midlet location.

miriddin 03-29-2003 12:41

@ RizaPN:
i can't apply the "Midlet as screensaver v03" patch because i have different data at the following addresses:
0x3AD470
0x3AD478
As i have no problems with your v02 patch, i would like to know if is the possibility to use or not the patch by pressing the # key the only difference.
Thanks for your help!

rudeboymcc 03-29-2003 12:44

i'm aware of the *** Modify MP3 Player's Fast Forward to become Skip or Quit Function *** patch but it's no good for me as i want to be able to fast forward.

i was just wondering if it's possbile to use the button on top of the volume buttons to skip to the next track. this will mean i can use it when the keypad is locked and still fast forward by holding the play button. as far as i know it has no function whilst in mp3 player mode and therefore is a "spare" button, ie no other function would be lost.

vikado77 03-29-2003 13:22

@RizaPN:
Thanks RizaPN for the new patch, this is what i need.
I don't know, how i can thank you. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

@

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DjCook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why somebody has this functions on his SL45 and the others not, i don't underfstand.

I want this functions too

ProjectZero 03-29-2003 14:26

˛ riza
i use your rpnclock as screensaver. i have no idea how to modify it, that it quits when i press the #key.
can you (or sb else) help me with this, if you have any time...

by_men 03-29-2003 14:52

Can for me make *.vkp file of this patch screen saver .??

ValeraVi 03-29-2003 15:57

@by_men
In my program V_KLay, error is displayed because the format of .vkp file is some different than format of RizaPN posts, more, look this: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...874#post333874.
.vkp files of patches you may download from my page:
http://www.is.svitonline.com/valeravi/#Patches

ValeraVi 03-29-2003 16:30

@RizaPN
In anyway - thanks for your try.

And about patch for displaying name and number of incoming call: i try to insert in the name in address book a symbol of new line (10, 0x0a) (i add this symbol to the key* by help of my prog v_klay :)) and this name in most cases is displayed in 2 rows: in address book (when view or edit), in detailed view of call missed, in other cases (in list of address book entries, in list of calls missed) in place where i insert a 0xa i see a dot (that mee what symbol is cannot be displayed) BUT in incoming call screen i see only one (first) row and without a dot. I think it meen that in incoming call screen you may use 0x0a symbol for make a new line, only what you need - increase the bottom boundary of rectangle for text in this screen. Or function, that draw the text on the screen do not take as his parameter a output rectangle?

snemies 03-29-2003 17:11

Hi,
I added the vkp file relating to the "midlet as screensaver" patch from the site valeraVi linked 2 threads below.
But there is no midlet if I excecute the keylock. only an empty screen and after a short time (2 minutes) the normal screen ist there again.
I saved the midlet (jad and jar file) on my MMC in this order: MMC\Java\s\midlet.jar or jad
But there is no function
Is anyboda able to help me?

ValeraVi 03-29-2003 17:35

@snemies
Firs of all make the undo of the patch v02. Then go to the my page again and download v03 of this patch - sorry but i updated to v03 only at this moment :(.
Second - you must read the comments of RizaPN more careful. And then you can see that you must copy to the a:\Java\s\ only .jad file, then rename it to the "x.jad", then open it in notepad and correct the parameter MIDlet-Jar-URL: to the path where your's actual midlet jar file lies.
Quote:

Originally posted by miriddin

As an example:

MIDlet-Jar-URL: file://a:/java/jam/Saver/RPNClock/Clock.jar

if you have the clock.jar midlet on the mmc in:

JAVA->JAM->SAVER->RPNClock

Atmos 03-29-2003 19:08

I think Rolek midlet from Bware.it is good for screensaver midlet (shows daydate and beep every hour),
but only if someone knows how to modify this midlet (to skip intro without press a key).

aichii 03-29-2003 19:14

I use 'Linelet'. Screen saver like on Windows :)
PS: Great work RizaPN!!

snemies 03-29-2003 19:43

yes, I use this screensaver too...

DjCook 03-29-2003 20:53

Quote:

Originally posted by aichii
I use 'Linelet'. Screen saver like on Windows :)
PS: Great work RizaPN!!

Please send it to me, if it`s not too much for Ya :) :p
[email protected]

Denk 03-30-2003 00:03

Minesweeper and labyrinth are in there???
Is it possible to activate them???

Question 2 Riza:

1 - Is it possible to make mp3 player play ALL mp3's in its directory, not only 30 of them, because i got about 60 mp3's and it is playing only 30.????????????????????????

2 - What is going on with that patch
you wrote:
My [next] idea about that:
*) Use Load Screen Style function to copy all needed images to the buffer (to minimize the low-level flash modification),
*) If the image height is 80, then it will be copied into the Screen Style buffer. If it is 48, it will be copied into the Animated Operator Logo buffer ...
---> Need to be searched : Load Screen Style entry-point and free images buffer ...

Thanks Riza!

rizapn 03-30-2003 00:38

@ALL:
Please read all info inside each patch for minimizing the useless question.
You must check again, and ask this : "If somebody else could apply it without problem,
why do I got some strange problem? Did I put them correctly?" ... just before you
ask something.

SKIP or QUIT Function for MP3Player
That patch is only need to be applied if you want to *optimize you PTT button*.
If you do *NOT* use that button frequently, you do not need to (better if you
are not) apply that. All function is provided completely in the normal MP3 Player.

Different Game:
I have no idea. But for your info, some deleted game is really deleted from firmware.
We can not just enable it like NetMonitor, but we have to rewrite the whole byte-code.
My SL 'only' have these games : Super Mind, Move The Box, Wacko, Homerun, Reversi,
Quattropoli, and The Maze.

@ValeraVi:
Thank's for the info about using ENTER code.
But, I already try that method. My problem is I still do not know the location of 'drawString' function in the firmware. If I found that, I think it will be more easy to check each parameter meaning, and hope there is X and Y parameter.

@Denk:
1. Let me check
2. I did try them. The problem is : Load Screen Style function use EEPROM area to save the image. There is not enough EEPROM area to save the new size of images. There are only : 7 buffer to save WAIT icons (very small images), and 10 buffer for ON (full-screen) images. I did try to increase the size of WAIT image, but phone can not handle them (dead). So, I stop that 'test'.

Screen Saver Midlet:
I did post another version of that patch in the Sticky Posting only. Using that patch, the keylock function of long-pressing button # is still exist, and the midlet could be executed automatically only by "Auto Keylock" options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RizaPN

Denk 03-30-2003 00:54

But is it possible to delete from our firmware game like Super Mind and rewrite it with labyrinth????

ValeraVi 03-30-2003 00:56

@RizaPN
i have a problem with *** Using midlet for Screen Saver when Keylocked v03 *** path
the old data in you patch:
0x3AD470 : F2 FE 08 00 48 E4 AD 11 -> E6 FC 60 14 E6 FD 1F 03
0x3AD478 : DA A3 B2 00 48 40 3D 0D -> E0 1E DA C8 DE 0B DB 00
is not found by me at addresses that you specify.
this data i found in adresses:
3AD298: F2FE080048E4AD11 E6FC6014E6FD1F03
3AD2A0: DAA3B20048403D0D E01EDAC8DE0BDB00
where is a mistake?

miriddin 03-30-2003 01:29

@ValeraVi:
i have the same problem.
In the addresses i found this:
0x3AD470: EAA0 18DA DAA3 B200
0x3AD478: 4840 EA30 18DA E04C

For this reason i posted asking for explanation and stayed with version 02 of the patch.

rizapn 03-30-2003 01:31

@Denk:
Sure, everything is possible. But, sorry, I have no plan to do that.

@ValeraVi:
Thank's for the correction. I made a wrong copy-paste. Please go to the Sticky Posting to get the modified ones.

RizaPN

ValeraVi 03-30-2003 01:36

@RizaPN
Your's updated patch *** Using midlet for Screen Saver when Keylocked v03 *** in the sticky thread is working fine now! :) Thank's!

@All
Updated .vkp file you may dwnload form my page: http://www.is.svitonline.com/valeravi/#Patches

solidsnack 03-30-2003 04:23

left + key for profile: i used the patch long + for illumination and short + for IrDA, and i chg the entry point for IrDA with profile.... so if you press + you will goto profile... =)

solidsnack 03-30-2003 04:28

@riza:
what 'bout makign sl45 reads sms faster in inbox by changing reading names from MMC to read names from SIMCard...???