GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Digital Core Technology 4 ( DCT-4 ) > WD2 & APE (Symbian Phones)

WD2 & APE (Symbian Phones) All WD2 like 3230, 3650, 3660, 6260, 6600, 6650, 6670, 7610, 7650, N-Gage, N-Gage QD also here we can get all About APE phones like 9500, 9300, 9300i, 7710, 6620, 6708.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2006, 18:12   #1 (permalink)

Member: 267229
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Hey Guys Pleeeease Help Me Out

my pc and my phone together are driving me crazy today.

First: WHY I CANT USE THE FILE TRANSFER SERVICE WITH BLUESOLEIL AND MY NOKIA 6600.???says connection established, but no folders are visible. I tryed with a friend of mine and his bluetooth, didnt work. what should I do, try different software (what? link? please) or should I somehow setup the shared folders of my phone? have no idea.

Second: since I cant use the bluetooth software and bla bla, I tried with the original Nokia 6600 Pc SUITE from the CD I got with the phone.

I installed it, connected the phone to serial com port, then started PC SUITE - and what happened drove me nuts.

"please enter a phone name which pc suite will use to identify your phone in the future.
e.g. nokia 6600"
whatever i wrote, was invalid
invalid name please enter a valid name.
I tried with the name of my phone, the default name whatever- - same thing
invalid name (the only restriction was that the phone name shouldnt be longer than 16 characters)

what should I do???

how can I transfer files to my phone? (so far I used the object push service and it works, but files are received as messages and cannot be bigger than 6mb because the internal memory is 6mb, (right?)) can I change some settings so that these files are copied on the mmc card which has plenty of space? I need to transfer file which is like 17mbs
a card reader would be so perfect...but I dont have one now, and i still want to fix the bluetooth

please give me a hint how to enable the file service in bluesoleil, or tell me what valid name should I use to browse the files of the phone from the PC.

THANKS IN ADVANCE