GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Digital Core Technology 4 ( DCT-4 ) > WD2 & APE (Symbian Phones)

WD2 & APE (Symbian Phones) All WD2 like 3230, 3650, 3660, 6260, 6600, 6650, 6670, 7610, 7650, N-Gage, N-Gage QD also here we can get all About APE phones like 9500, 9300, 9300i, 7710, 6620, 6708.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 14:02   #1 (permalink)

Member: 488294
Thanks Meter: 0
N-Gage got the WSoD (White Screen of Death). How to flash/repair it?

My N-Gage classic was working fine as does everyone else's before this happens and then one day when installing something the phone shuts off and now it will not boot. It continues to try to reboot but it never makes it past the N-Gage logo or Nokia logo before it restarts again, which is the PC equivalent of the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) but rather known as the WSoD (White Screen of Death). It does this three times before the phone shuts off all together.

I realize my dilemma as this is a rather serious problem that can only be solved by flashing the memory. Now how to go about doing this I do not know, which is where you all come in. I thought that perhaps one of you knew how to flash the Nokia N-Gage.

I know that there is some hardware and software known as UFSX that I can get to do this but I do not have the money to spend on this to get my phone working again. For the $200 or $300 it costs to buy the hardware I can get a new phone so there seems no point in buying that to me. So if anyone has a solution that does not involve anything too expensive (less than $100 please?) I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S.
I have some software called Phoenix and Diego which I believe I can flash the phone with but I do not know how to implement the programs. I think I may need some hardware to make it work but I was hoping I would
not need to go that far.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-28-2007, 13:40   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 251367
Thanks Meter: 26
dnt try this thngs at home..!! specially when u dnt know how to do them... seek for a best shop near u and tell him to flash the phone for u ...if u try mayb it wnt get alive again tc
Old 04-28-2007, 15:41   #3 (permalink)

Member: 488294
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_cxe View Post
dnt try this thngs at home..!! specially when u dnt know how to do them... seek for a best shop near u and tell him to flash the phone for u ...if u try mayb it wnt get alive again tc

It does not appear to be that difficult to flash the memory with the proper equipment (like UFSX) from what I know, however doing so without the expensive hardware is what I am trying to do.

I heard that the memory could be flashed with a Backup of the N-Gage and an MMC flash card. I have a working backup somewhere on my PC and a 1 GB MMC card, but how would I use it to flash the memory? Any suggestions?

From what I know their are no repair shops near me only vendors and if I were to send it to Nokia to flash it how much would it cost me? Thanks.