GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 00:00   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 690027
Thanks Meter: 7
F480 Tocco vs New S8300 Tocco Ultra HELP!!

F480 Tocco vs New S8300 Tocco Ultra HELP!!

I have opted for the S8300 Tocco Ultra but i am wondering if this was the right choice?

I can flash my F480? add games to it? apply mp3 to message tones? etc

Will I be able to use the same method to flash the S8300 if necessary?

Which multiloader do I use?
Where do I get the firmware from?
Are the connections the same as the F480/G600?
Do I use the USB cable which should come with the phone?
Do I need a special cable (like the G600)?

Does anyone know the code to get to the 'internals' as I will DEFINATELY need to edit the in-call volume (partially deaf) as these are ALWAYS too low?

PLEASE PLEASE GUIDE ME - PM me if you prefer.
Old 04-10-2009, 18:30   #2 (permalink)

Member: 885107
Thanks Meter: 3
Is the phone any good due an update an was thinking of getting the ultra got the old tocco at the moment.
Old 04-11-2009, 23:38   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 938611
Thanks Meter: 43
Cool

Hi there

Had a little try out inside the 3 Store and I have to say it is really good. The phone looks a bit bulky on pictures, but in real life it is actually a nice size and the design is very nice. The screen is vibrant and the widgets are spaced out (which is better for the larger fingered people).
The scrolling is reversed however, but it is nice and fast and the OS is very good
The use of a keypad and touchscreen is very good - say if you was in a text and you was touch typing and you think, "Aww I can't be arsed to touch", you can just flip up the keypad and then type using normal keys
Everything on the screen looks like they have been drawn very accurately.
I could not test the camera due to it being attached to a stand, however I did play around with the test mode (*#0*#) and click VGA cam, which appears much more larger than the current Tocco.
Everyone interested should pop in to their local phone shop and ask them for a demo

I was only going to write a small review, but it ended up being big, but hope it helps some people
The Following User Says Thank You to jtaylor06 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 690027
Thanks Meter: 7
Hi

I love it! The clarity of the screen and to use the perfect word above the colours are so vibrant, the touch screen is very sensitive (even when I left the cover on the screen) compared to my other Tocco, the camera pictures are much clearer, attaching to the internet is very quick, 3 games come with it, unfortunately, 2 of them are trial games but i am hoping I can add some more (ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED). I can apply mp3 to messages...it is slick, mine is red as i preferred to the blue. I love how I can change between keypad and touch. You can play films on this in DivX, Xvid, MPEG4 and more but I'm afraid I have not found a film yet to try this out. Accelerometer only appears to work for the photos, I can't do it on my games at least - Can someone confirm this is correct or as it should be, so to speak.

(*#0*#) = I like this little titbit too! Thanks jtaylor06

To answer a few of my own questions above:

Will I be able to use the same method to flash the S8300 if necessary? I'M GUESSING YES THOUGH NOT TRIED IT

Which multiloader do I use? DON'T KNOW YET
Where do I get the firmware from? DON'T KNOW YET
Are the connections the same as the F480/G600? NO
Do I use the USB cable which should come with the phone? NOT SURE BUT I'M GUESSING YES - THOUGH NOT CLARIFIED
Do I need a special cable (like the G600)? NOT CLARIFIED BUT GUESSING NO

Does anyone know the code to get to the 'internals' as I will DEFINATELY need to edit the in-call volume (partially deaf) as these are ALWAYS too low? THANKFULLY - THEY ARE THE SAME AS THE F480 TOCCO

HOPE THIS HELPS

Last edited by Damsl123; 04-18-2009 at 03:03.
Old 04-19-2009, 14:23   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 938611
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damsl123 View Post
Hi

I love it! The clarity of the screen and to use the perfect word above the colours are so vibrant, the touch screen is very sensitive (even when I left the cover on the screen) compared to my other Tocco, the camera pictures are much clearer, attaching to the internet is very quick, 3 games come with it, unfortunately, 2 of them are trial games but i am hoping I can add some more (ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED). I can apply mp3 to messages...it is slick, mine is red as i preferred to the blue. I love how I can change between keypad and touch. You can play films on this in DivX, Xvid, MPEG4 and more but I'm afraid I have not found a film yet to try this out. Accelerometer only appears to work for the photos, I can't do it on my games at least - Can someone confirm this is correct or as it should be, so to speak.

(*#0*#) = I like this little titbit too! Thanks jtaylor06

To answer a few of my own questions above:

Will I be able to use the same method to flash the S8300 if necessary? I'M GUESSING YES THOUGH NOT TRIED IT

Which multiloader do I use? DON'T KNOW YET
Where do I get the firmware from? DON'T KNOW YET
Are the connections the same as the F480/G600? NO
Do I use the USB cable which should come with the phone? NOT SURE BUT I'M GUESSING YES - THOUGH NOT CLARIFIED
Do I need a special cable (like the G600)? NOT CLARIFIED BUT GUESSING NO

Does anyone know the code to get to the 'internals' as I will DEFINATELY need to edit the in-call volume (partially deaf) as these are ALWAYS too low? THANKFULLY - THEY ARE THE SAME AS THE F480 TOCCO

HOPE THIS HELPS
1. We have a new MultiLoader on our site > Samsung Flash Wiki (Tools and Tutorials section)
2. Firmware can be found on our site too > Samsung Flash Wiki (3G Models section)
3. Yes you just use the USB Cable
4. No need for a special cable
5. You may be able to add games just like the F480, but I am unable to test this. Maybe have a go using our tutorials on site

Samsung Flash Wiki
Sasung Flash Wiki Admin
admin@samsungflash****