GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 11:55   #1 (permalink)

Member: 313122
Thanks Meter: 137
GUIDE: How to flash your F480 Tocco

Hi,

After searching for ages on google, I still can't seem to find a decent tutorial on how to flash my F480. However I've had bits of help from various people and I've put this little guide together. Worked a treat with my phone. Having said that after trying this guide I accept absolutely no responsibility for your phone being dmaaged or 'bricked' in anyway.

Here's what I did:

Downloading the software:

First off you need to download the firmware you want and then Multiloader V5.33 which is the program you're going to be using to flash your phone.

Make sure you remmeber where you've put these files as you'll need to browse to them when using multiloader.

Preparing your phone:

I am assuming here that you've already installed Samsung PC Studio and it works fine with your supplied USB cable.

NOTE: Flashing your phone will delete all your contacts, calender, settings ringtones etc.

You probably want to back up all your files and contacts. I recommend syncing your contacts etc. with Samsung PC Studio and copying over your files on your phone to your memory card or PC (your memory card will not be touched).

Once that's done remove any memory card you may have and then remove the SIM card. Put you battery back in. Your phone shoul be off at this point. Hold down the 'Volume down' key (The bottom rocker button on the left side of your phone) and the camera button and press the power on button. Your phone should start up into a wierd screen with downloader v.5.32 or something and some boxes. It's now ready to be flashed.

Using Multiloader:

Open multiloader. It should look something like this without all the settings selected (The middle section should be blank!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Morpheus:.
Ok, Morpheus originally selected the wrong option in the top box, you should select the second option from the top (MSM6275/MSM6280).

Then press the AMSS button on the left side and browse to the firmware files you want to flash (unzip/rar them as necessary). Go to the binary folder and then select amss_compressed. Do the same for Rsrc1,Rsrc2 and FSS selecting the appropiate files as shown in the above pic.

You should now be ready to flash. Connect your phone to your comp and then click download in multiloader. AT THIS POINT DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE/DETATCH THE CABLE/SWITCH OFF YOUR COMP. Your phone should have a status indicator with percentages and this should be reflected in multiloader. The process should tkae about 5 minutes thgouh I'm not sure about that. Once it's done your phone will restart twice by itself. Once this is done it should start up as normal into the widgets page. It's now complete.

Congratulations on flashing your phone. You can now repalce your SIM and Memory card and set up your phone the way you like it.

Hope this helped.

Feel free to steal this tutorial/post it on another website etc., I made it in a few minutes and couldn't care less if you take credit for it.
The Following 125 Users Say Thank You to WestHej For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-02-2008, 12:41   #2 (permalink)

Member: 776778
Thanks Meter: 5
Hi,

Nice guide and links to file.

Just got the F480 and flashed it to the latest June firmware but noticed (from flashing a G800 which ending up having a dodgy screen...well a couple of them did!) that it was recommended to use the (LOW).rc2 file and not the (MID) one.

Used LOW on mine but what's the difference??

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DLAMusic For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-02-2008, 16:38   #3 (permalink)

Member: 828376
Thanks Meter: 0
hi there,
how do you know what firmware to download?
Old 08-02-2008, 18:28   #4 (permalink)

What country in the phone used in?

For most of Europe the XX or XE firmwares are fine (well they were on my broken G800 and now the Tocco).
The Following User Says Thank You to DLAMusic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2008, 18:48   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, I'm not sure what the difference between the rsrc2 LOW and MID are, I guess i shoudl try and find out. If anyone can posti t here I'll also add it to the guide.

The firmware depends on what country you are in I guess and whether the features good or not. I'm using F480XEHF3 (you can find it easily in the 3G requet firmware thread). This one is suitable for most European countries as it has English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, and MANY others. The camera works much better than my Vodafone branded firmware and it looks a whole lot nicer. I prefer the layout of a lot of the features too (main menu is different).

I'm wondering if there are any new firmwares out for July yet? Are they any good? If anyone has them coult you post a link and I'll update the thread with credit to you too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WestHej For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2008, 11:55   #6 (permalink)

Member: 828884
What are the chances of bricking a phone when flashing it? I have a F480, but the firmware is of the F488 variety, wouldn't mind changing it over. And seeing what this alternate menu looks like.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:16   #7 (permalink)

Is it possible to flash back to the original firmware if you don't like the new firmware?

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2008, 12:40   #8 (permalink)

Member: 828884
Also, is there somewhere that says what the differences are between firmwares?
Old 08-03-2008, 15:11   #9 (permalink)

The menu looks like it does in the Samsungmobile.com tutorial of the tocco.

Unfortunatly I don't think they release details about firmware changes to the public. I wish they made it more official and more avaliable and easy to flash like the iPhone firmwares (even thgouh they are a bit crap atm). The only way of finding out is from previous suers of the firmwares. You might be able to find some information on this forum.

As for bricking, I think that'll only happen if you choose the wrong files or switch off your phone,comp or disconect during the flashing process.
The Following User Says Thank You to WestHej For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2008, 16:46   #10 (permalink)

last question honest!!
Will changing the firmware allow me to delete the "undeletable" files on the phone, such as ringtones and pictures?

Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:18   #11 (permalink)

Don't think so, I can't but I'm 100% sure theres another way of doing it, probably through some of the 'secret codes'
Old 08-06-2008, 19:55   #12 (permalink)

Member: 640281
Thanks Meter: 4
So which is the latest firmware then?
The Following User Says Thank You to dtm203 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2008, 20:11   #13 (permalink)

(From another thread) This appears to be the latest firmware F480XXHF7

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xyyheqh2jkw

Just put it on mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to DLAMusic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2008, 10:58   #14 (permalink)

Member: 640281
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAMusic View Post
(From another thread) This appears to be the latest firmware F480XXHF7

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xyyheqh2jkw

Just put it on mine.
I get wrong nand size. how do i put the tocco in download mode?
The Following User Says Thank You to dtm203 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14   #15 (permalink)

Member: 831894
Thanks Meter: 2
Question Tocco Bricked

Followed instructions to flash my Tocco but "error" appeared in the black box on the right in Multiloader after reaching Rsrc1 and on the phone "What" appeared on the screen. Unneccessarily cheeky I think. Loads the Amss part without any problems.

Now the phone now longer works as it gets stuck half way through boot up.

Have tried various firmwares all with the same result.

The phone was unlocked but from the Far East. All in original packaging and did not look like it had been messed with.

I accept full responsibility but would be grateful for any thought on a solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mightyjewels For This Useful Post: