GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2005, 17:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 186829
Thanks Meter: 6
Smile Unlock and/or unfreeze Samsung Z??? phones (Z140/V, Z300/M, Z500/V, ZM60, ZV30, ZX10)

This is a post to help everyone that has a Samsung Z serie mobile that is locked and/or freezed.

The explanation for how to do is already on this forum but to make it easier for everyone to find it, I'm making my 1 for all (Z series phones) post.

The supported phones for this process are (the Z series phones):

(as listed in the program)
SGH-Z140
SGH-Z140V
SGH-Z300
SGH-Z300M
SGH-Z500
SGH-Z500V
SGH-ZM60
SGH-ZV30
SGH-ZX10

To unlock and/or unfreeze these phones you must follow the next steps:

- Download and install QUALCOMM UNLOCKER (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39RITNDZ)

- Install the propper USB drivers for your mobile (if it comes with CD, if that CD has the USB drivers, it's those ones that you should use, otherwise, download: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...USBDriver.exe).

- Have the proper USB cable for your mobile (if it comes with one, it's that one that you should use).

- After having your phone correctly connected to your computer (using the USB cable) and turned ON (with or without the SIM inserted), set the mobile modem COM port as one between port 2 to port 9 (ports 2 and 9 included). [Note]

- Connect (with something like a metallic wire for example) the 2nd and 3rd pins of the COM1 port (behind your computer), like the example below (imagine it like a COM - 9 pinned - port):
…………………………………………... ______
……………………………………………( · — · · )
…………………………………………...\ · · · · /
'…………………………………………... ŻŻŻŻŻ

- Before attempting to unlock your mobile (though everything looks OK), click on the "Read Settings" to be completely sure that the program is completely detecting your mobilephone and to make it able to unlock it (by reading the phone's internal codes).

- After all the previous steps... Press UNLOCK. It will remove all the phone locks and the phone freeze (if needed).

[Note]: To set the COM port, run the QUALCOMM UNLOCKER program and click on "Check Modem", then, in the "Phone and Modem Options" menu, click on the "Modem" tab, select your mobilephone on the modem list and then click proprieties. In the modem proprieties menu, you must click on the "Advanced" tab and then click on "Advanced Port Settings". In the "Advanced Port Settings menu, there should be a dropdown list, in the bottom of the window, to select the desired COM port for your mobile. The port must not have 2 digits - like COM10 or above - and it's not convenient to be set as COM1. Select one of the unused and confirm everything by clicking all "OK" buttons.

Then you'll have your phone completely free of lockings and freezings. I did it with my own Z300 and, after doing it just like I described, it finally worked.

Hope this thread was usefull and enjoy your phones without restrictions.

Last edited by -minorKa-; 10-07-2005 at 17:36.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to -minorKa- For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-07-2005, 17:31   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 154696
Thanks Meter: 16
Thanks you very much !
I think you should post pinout, coz Z500 & Z140V have different cable connector.
Another way :
*7465625*28782#
*7465625*28638#

(NOTE: When you change sim to other operator repeat this process to unlock it for that operator also)
The Following User Says Thank You to BMobile For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2005, 17:57   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, that trick should work. I never tested it 'cause I never wanted to and now I don't need it anymore. The reason I never used it is that it doesn't exactly unlock the phone; it works because there probably is a bug on the programming of the phones that makes them ignore the other type of network locking by auto-locking the actual SIM's network. So it's not the real unlocking of the phone; it's just a way of making the phone work with the SIM you want by locking the phone to the SIM's network with an different type of locking that seems to work by itself beside the other lockings. I'm also not sure that those codes remove "phone freeze" and I guess not because it's not their function to remove it (but it could also happen as it isn't even supposed to unlock any phone... just some, in some operators). It's an illusionall unlock, but for ocasional situations it's probably more usefull because it's quick.
If anyone really wants to unlock and/or unfreeze the phone, it should do it the way I did and that it's explained above.

About the cable connector, I just said above that the person should have the proper USB cable for it's phone. I did not said which cable is, but I guess all the phones bring it in it's box (at least they should, just like mine).
Old 10-07-2005, 18:57   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37735
Sonork: 100.103255
Thanks Meter: 205
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by -minorKa-
This is a post to help everyone that has a Samsung Z serie mobile that is locked and/or freezed.
The explanation for how to do is already on this forum but to make it easier for everyone to find it, I'm making my 1 for all (Z series phones) post.
SGH-Z140
SGH-Z140V
SGH-Z300
SGH-Z300M
SGH-Z500
SGH-Z500V
SGH-ZM60
SGH-ZV30
SGH-ZX10
- Download and install QUALCOMM UNLOCKER (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39RITNDZ)
- Install the propper USB drivers for your mobile (if it comes with CD, if that CD has the USB drivers, it's those ones that you should use, otherwise, download: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...USBDriver.exe).
- Have the proper USB cable for your mobile (if it comes with one, it's that one that you should use).
- After having your phone correctly connected to your computer (using the USB cable) and turned ON (with or without the SIM inserted), set the mobile modem COM port as one between port 2 to port 9 (ports 2 and 9 included). [Note]
- Connect (with something like a metallic wire for example) the 2nd and 3rd pins of the COM1 port (behind your computer), like the example below (imagine it like a COM - 9 pinned - port):
- Before attempting to unlock your mobile (though everything looks OK), click on the "Read Settings" to be completely sure that the program is completely detecting your mobilephone and to make it able to unlock it (by reading the phone's internal codes).
- After all the previous steps... Press UNLOCK. It will remove all the phone locks and the phone freeze (if needed).
[Note]: To set the COM port, run the QUALCOMM UNLOCKER program and click on "Check Modem", then, in the "Phone and Modem Options" menu, click on the "Modem" tab, select your mobilephone on the modem list and then click proprieties. In the modem proprieties menu, you must click on the "Advanced" tab and then click on "Advanced Port Settings". In the "Advanced Port Settings menu, there should be a dropdown list, in the bottom of the window, to select the desired COM port for your mobile. The port must not have 2 digits - like COM10 or above - and it's not convenient to be set as COM1. Select one of the unused and confirm everything by clicking all "OK" buttons.
Then you'll have your phone completely free of lockings and freezings. I did it with my own Z300 and, after doing it just like I described, it finally worked.

Thanks,

But what the difference with the Z105 Unlocker??? I always unlock Z500 with it.
Old 10-07-2005, 19:41   #5 (permalink)

There is pratically no difference... but this version has more data so it is more specific and so is safer.
Old 10-08-2005, 15:07   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 111665
Sonork: 104250
Thanks Meter: 180
and cable ?? coz customers will not provide cable to us !!!
Old 10-08-2005, 15:20   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 185813
Thanks Meter: 7
Thumbs up same lg 3g cable

dear use lg 3g cable it will work on z500 100% tested..................
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50   #8 (permalink)

Member: 178136
Thanks Meter: 0
The link to the USB driver doesnt work. All chinese gibbersih to me.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:23   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 68392
Sonork: 100.100701
Thanks Meter: 658
Donate money to this user
i unlock z500 with lg 3g cabel 100% thanks for share
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 163474
Thanks Meter: 138
its worked my friend??????
Old 10-11-2005, 20:04   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 100436
Thanks Meter: 57
Will the LG U8120 USB/Com cable work to unlock the Samsung Z140v ?

TIA
Old 10-12-2005, 09:48   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 78679
Thanks Meter: 3
it works right?????????? using lg usb cable it is a greate gamble!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I'll have two Samsung Z140v's within the next hour so I need to know if the LG U8120 USB/Com cable can help me, or the USB cable that comes with the phone ? TIA :-)
Old 10-12-2005, 11:37   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I couldn't get the above program working for me . But I have successfully unlocked two Samsung Z104v's .

I used the Samsung_Z105_Z107_Z300_Code_Reader_2_0_2 program with the USB cable that comes with the phone, the LG U8120 USB/Com cable didn't seem to work for me with the Samsung_Z105_Z107_Z300_Code_Reader_2_0_2 program.

Anyway I'm happy , one was locked to Vodafone UK the other to Vodafone Ireland.

BR

Unlock_Ireland
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot.JPG (30.2 KB, 5465 views)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:13   #15 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 20645
Sonork: 100.1579175
Thanks Meter: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by -minorKa-

SGH-Z140
SGH-Z140V
SGH-Z300
SGH-Z300M
SGH-Z500
SGH-Z500V
SGH-ZM60
SGH-ZV30
SGH-ZX10

HELLO MATE SAMSUNG UMTS Z140 ,ETC WHEN SOFTWARE OPEN IT ASK FROM ME USER ID AND PASSWORD HOW TO SLOVE THIS PROBLEM???

REGARDS

GSM MIND
STAND ALONE