GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 14:38   #16 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12733
Thanks Meter: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly_pop
i have read threads that mention this method, but ive also read threads that say it does'nt work as the usb lead ant com port lead both contain rx and tx and joining any wires from the usb to the com port wuld be a waste of time.
the problem im having isnt the hardware,its a software problem i think
the usb cable will read the phone when i connect pins 2 and 3 in the com port, but when i try to write the imei it goes so far and gives the error :
call date empty: fail !!
surely this cant be a hardware problem can it ?
please can you give me a link or even better a diagram of how to join the to leads together.
i have honestly searched every post on this forum and i cant find any schamatics or diagrams to how to do this.
to be completely honest, i only found one referance to actually joining the two cables together,and never found any link where ELCO agreed with it
i appologise for insulting you my friend, can you please help me...... and other fellow members
lolly pop
I can also confirm here that it is not the proble with the comunication:

When he say you must make a cable with usb and com port and the same , it sounds like there is no communication.

The problem here is to restore original "cal date" .

BR
keke
Old 10-11-2005, 17:03   #17 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 38782
Thanks Meter: 9
well, if the cal date is empty.. go in to testmode (from keypad) and write back cal date then... then you problem is solved..

You shall NOT join the wires.. USB goes to USB Rx Tx and comport goes to COM Rx Tx so you need four diffrient wires..

send me a pm if you want more details...
Old 10-11-2005, 20:26   #18 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 69631
Thanks Meter: 42
what people are getting mixed up with is that when the programs fails with the error cal date empty : fail "" its not saying it is empty, its saying the complete oppersit.......... the cal date needs to be empty for the program to continue !

if you enter the service menu in the phone *#9998*324# then menu 4 2 2 you will see that the cal date is not empty, but for this program to go past this part it needs to find an empty cal date .

if you try to edit the cal date,even by entering 0000 00 00, it will still have a cal date of 0000.00.00, so the cal date is still not empty ???

so from what i can see, winimei can only work on an empty board that has no original cal date.

ELCO agrees with me that winimei alone cant change the imei on zxxx phones.

no matter what you do with the rx and tx usb and com port wires, it wont make any differance........

i hope someone can prove me wrong.
Old 10-11-2005, 20:49   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 55651
Thanks Meter: 2
use this software

if i was you use the software from this site www.unlockeasy.com very good software here select descardes

nokia_dan
Old 10-11-2005, 21:18   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia_dan
if i was you use the software from this site www.unlockeasy.com very good software here select descardes
nokia_dan
hi dan, which software you refering to mate, theres loads on that site... but none to repair the imei on a zxxx phone that works mate
Old 10-11-2005, 22:53   #21 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke
well, if the cal date is empty.. go in to testmode (from keypad) and write back cal date then... then you problem is solved..
You shall NOT join the wires.. USB goes to USB Rx Tx and comport goes to COM Rx Tx so you need four diffrient wires..
send me a pm if you want more details...
jocke, did you realise that when you wrote this post...... you finally admitted that your full of s~~t !!

the reason being that if you actually had a z500 you would know that if you go into the service menu, or test mode as you call it , the cal date is perfectly in tact, and does'nt need "writing back" .

what you've done is is exactly what you said ive done, you've only read half the posts and thought you knew everything !!

the cal date only needs re-writing sometimes when utms or winimei 1.16 is used to directly unlock a zxxx phone instead of reading the codes and entering them manually.

if you read all of my posts on this topic, you will see that ive done my homework on this subject...... and not just guessed
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50   #22 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly_pop
jocke, did you realise that when you wrote this post...... you finally admitted that your full of s~~t !!
the reason being that if you actually had a z500 you would know that if you go into the service menu, or test mode as you call it , the cal date is perfectly in tact, and does'nt need "writing back" .
what you've done is is exactly what you said ive done, you've only read half the posts and thought you knew everything !!
the cal date only needs re-writing sometimes when utms or winimei 1.16 is used to directly unlock a zxxx phone instead of reading the codes and entering them manually.
if you read all of my posts on this topic, you will see that ive done my homework on this subject...... and not just guessed
well what can i say.. your a lamer.. stop doing what you are doing because you don't understand a ****. I have been working with repairing mobile phones for over ten years. I have been working for Nokia, Samsung and panasonic for several years. Thrust me i know what i'm doing unlike you....

I think the reason that you wite like you do is because you are jealous that you can't do a simpel imei change, but all the other people can...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17   #23 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@ Jocke

your full of crap !

ELCO says you cant do it, and hes made lots of hardware/software for mobile phones.....

what have you ever done ????

why cant you print a single picture of winimei or utms showing the result box with a completed imei repair on a zxxx phone ?

i'll tell you why, cause you have never ever had of repaired a z500 phone in your life !

get over it , your wrong....... be a man and admit it ?

or shut me up and upload a screen shot ? !

the balls in your court mate
Old 10-12-2005, 11:33   #24 (permalink)
No Life Poster

You are so stupid.. here are the pictures...happy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imei1.jpg (116.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg imei2.jpg (135.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 10-12-2005, 12:22   #25 (permalink)
Freak Poster

sh~t......

i stand corrected !

i am stupid

come on then, how the hell have you got that to work ?

why are you getting umts to actually read the imei and cal date and yet were all just getting 15 0's for the imei and then cal date fail !

i've admitted i'm a nob, and i'm stupid, but ELCO said it could'nt be done with umts software.

please give us a rundown of what were all doing wrong
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58   #26 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I don't have anymore time today. i'll explain tomorrow...
Old 10-12-2005, 13:06   #27 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12733
Thanks Meter: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke
I don't have anymore time today. i'll explain tomorrow...
Yes come on !!!
give us now the formular If you want to share.

PS : Check your PM

BR
keke
Old 10-13-2005, 02:27   #28 (permalink)
Freak Poster

hopefully, when Jocke gives us some help, it will finally give the Zxxx phones a new lease of life

there must be loads of people (including myself)who need to repair there imei's after erasing them with the first versions of winimei

so lets hope Jocke finds a few minutes today to help us..

lolly pop
Old 10-13-2005, 06:45   #29 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Yesterday i received over 50 messages on ICQ, MSN and mail from friends on this forum. All from people who have read this topic. And all of them said the same thing.

"Don't give them the solution after what loolypop wrote"
Old 10-13-2005, 13:03   #30 (permalink)
Freak Poster

dont you worry mate, it was'nt the lead... it was the software

another member of the forum who actually comes on here to help other members sent me the new umts this morning.

all sorted now

version 1.03 rocks !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg umts 1.jpg (33.8 KB, 188 views)