GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 15:57   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1445921
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy s8300 Ultra Touch - Request for HELP

Evening, I'll try to keep this short.

A while ago, I bought a used Samsung s8300 Ultra Touch with a fraction of it's real price, for it's lcd screen was broken. So I ordered a new screen, looked up disassembly instructions from the web and changed the screen.

The problem, in short, is this: the phone asks for password.

After trying all known general passwords (1234, 0000, 00000000 etc.) I contacted the person from whom I bought the phone, and he has never used a phone lock on this particular device. So I, of course, turn to flashin the s**t out of it (or in to it, however you want). I have the firmware, instructions and multiloader ready, but I should reset the phone before this. I can't. For as soon as I press the power button the phone turns on, shows the samsung animation, and requests the password. There's nowhere for me to input the reset cide or similar. So I try to start the phone in download mode. I have tried all the different methods and modes I read about in my hours of need, and none of them works. As before, the phone turns on and asks for password.

A few more problems I should mention:

I don't know for sure, but I suspect there is something wrong with the keypad. It won't light up, nor will it let me input the password with it. The password can only be tried using the touchscreen.

The second problem is the USB. I connect the phone with said cable to my PC, but the PC wont react in any way. It isn't seeing the phone in windows explorer, not in Samsung New PC Studio, nor in MultiLoader. Though the phone shows a small PC icon in the upper part of the screen when connected...

I have perused sites on the web for the whole night and wasted the whole of my workfree day trying to get this phone to work, but, alas!, I have come to you, the kind people of this forum, for help, advice, or any small piece of information you could possibly have on this problem of mine.

Please, I am in need of Serious help.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:08   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2499740
Thanks Meter: 11
what operating system are you using to do this on your pc