GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 00:40   #31 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 95076
Thanks Meter: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biltre
OK, it works. But only after I apply the codes for unblocking the phone. And I need to repeat this procedure every time I turn off the phone!
Can some one help!!???
I suggest you read the codes from the phone with winimei using cable and enter them manually to permanently disable all locks.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:07   #32 (permalink)

Member: 174009
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyst
I unlocked my phone using the cable, and winIMEI method, and I haven't had any problems with sim errors after flashing my phone (which I've done 4 times with 4 different firmwares).
Try unlocking it that way, maybe its more permanent.
I´ve installed the firmware from rex.net. but since every time I shut down the phone the phone got blocked again.. I decided to try another version.
At 10 % the power went off and its dead since then... lol
Any suggestions???
tks
Old 08-26-2005, 01:27   #33 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 161452
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltre
I´ve installed the firmware from rex.net. but since every time I shut down the phone the phone got blocked again.. I decided to try another version.
At 10 % the power went off and its dead since then... lol
Any suggestions???
tks
A very fun*****tal rule of flashing, with any phone, make sure your battery is fully charged!
I don't think you can do anything personally except take it to a service point, but I hope I'm wrong and someone here can help you
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25   #34 (permalink)

Member: 173388
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefer45
tientje: There is currently no tool that can read/backup your old firmware. Also there is no point to backup your firmware anyway. If something goes wrong so bad you can't flash it again then your backup wont help you, right? And if everything goes ok, or at least ok enough to put the phone in download mode you can flash again with another new firmware, what would you need your old firmware for? If you are so concerned i suggest you do not flash at all. Leave it for upgrade at an authorized samsung service spot.
Thanks for you help. The reason why I want to do this is, because the new firmware is unbranded. If this firmware does not work OK, I want my old one back. The problem is that I don't have this firmware, so I can't restore it.
When I could make a backup, I could flash it back.
But many thanks for your help!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:51   #35 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tientje
Thanks for you help. The reason why I want to do this is, because the new firmware is unbranded. If this firmware does not work OK, I want my old one back. The problem is that I don't have this firmware, so I can't restore it.
Out of curiosity, what firmware is it that you currently have? If you type *#1234# on your phone it shows the firmware version, just post it here, someone may have it or know where it is.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:52   #36 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what firmware is it that you currently have? If you type *#1234# on your phone it shows the firmware version, just post it here, someone may have it or know where it is.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:47   #37 (permalink)

It is the firmware Z500BUEF5.

I know this one is somewhere on the internet, but I couldn't find it (the http://www.rapidshare.se does not work).
So because I could not find my current firmware, maybe I can backup it. But this is not possible.
I found a big package on the megadownload site, but this was very, very slow. But eventually I did this. So I have the firmware that is now already on my phone for the case the new firmware is missing some important things or when I don’t like the new one…...
(BUT, I see that there is no bootloader file in de firmware, z500buef5. Is this a problem??)

I also saw somewhere that there is a firmware: z500bueg3 (also on rapidshare.se, but this is also not available). This is a newer version than I have. So maybe somebody can help me with this one......

Last edited by tientje; 08-27-2005 at 11:06.
Old 08-27-2005, 14:27   #38 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
It is the firmware Z500BUEF5.

I know this one is somewhere on the internet, but I couldn't find it (the http://www.rapidshare.se does not work).
So because I could not find my current firmware, maybe I can backup it. But this is not possible.
I found a big package on the megadownload site, but this was very, very slow. But eventually I did this. So I have the firmware that is now already on my phone for the case the new firmware is missing some important things or when I don’t like the new one…...
(BUT, I see that there is no bootloader file in de firmware, z500buef5. Is this a problem??)

I also saw somewhere that there is a firmware: z500bueg3 (also on rapidshare.se, but this is also not available). This is a newer version than I have. So maybe somebody can help me with this one......
Here you go mate:
http://www.rexnet.it/firmware/sgh-z500v/z500bueg3.zip

I have downloaded the file so the links working, if its down by the time you get round to downloading let me know i'll put it up somewhere.
BTW, z500buef5 was the sw I had initially on my z500v, and the only thing I can see that you will lose when you try another sw (i.e rexnets unbranded one) is the ability to have/change themes, other then that though, the vodafone sw is quite ugly, I don't see why you would go back
Old 08-29-2005, 08:52   #39 (permalink)

thanks. I'm downloading the file right now...

I have also an other question. There is no bootloader file in the Z500BUEF5 firmware that I have. Is it possible to use the bootloader of an other firmware?
If no, does somebody have this bootloader file for me....
Old 08-31-2005, 00:11   #40 (permalink)

Member: 173709
You don't need to update "USB boot" and "Bootloader".
Old 09-03-2005, 18:08   #41 (permalink)

Member: 159625
Could someone please explain what the function and meaning of the following flashcontent is :

Boot Loader : ?
USB Boot : ?
MODEM Code : ?
SHP Rsrc1 : ?
SHP Rsrc2 : ?
SHP FileSys : ?

Can you mix them between different firmwares?
Old 09-21-2005, 20:27   #42 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 175297
Thanks Meter: 4
Thumbs up

@Nicon thanks for posting this great tutorial, did flash a Z500 today and it worked like a Dream... *Tumbs up*

BR
Old 09-21-2005, 23:43   #43 (permalink)

Member: 173709
Z500

Yes, you can mix firmwares. The only condition is MODEM and Rsrc1 be from the same firmware.

I don't recommend to flash neither of Boot files. You can use files from Z300.

For example, my actual firmware is a mix

Z300R3X01 Modem, rsrc1, rsrc2
Z500BUEG3 Filesys (due to include several games in demo version: Prince of persia, snowboard, ...)

www.samsungseriez.com
Old 09-25-2005, 20:40   #44 (permalink)

Member: 170430
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukelo
Z500

Yes, you can mix firmwares. The only condition is MODEM and Rsrc1 be from the same firmware.

I don't recommend to flash neither of Boot files. You can use files from Z300.

For example, my actual firmware is a mix

Z300R3X01 Modem, rsrc1, rsrc2
Z500BUEG3 Filesys (due to include several games in demo version: Prince of persia, snowboard, ...)

www.samsungseriez.com

Where can i get these files and what do i put into each section on the bootloader please.
Old 10-12-2005, 23:19   #45 (permalink)

Member: 189929
Help! Flashed the z500 using the O2 UK file got confirmation from the multiloader after 15 mins, disconnected phone rebooted and it now says on one screen DOWNLOAD and main screen is just white - I have reflashed using vodafone spain and the z500mmeg1 with same results. No errors happened when downloading..... What have I done wrong? I also dont need to hold down the 9 key anymore to make the boot screen appear :-(

Thanks