GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 11:19   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 492222
Sonork: 100.1594126
Thanks Meter: 10,377
how to be a bad moderator ????????

Far from being a set of rules these are some guidelines that I wrote about "how to be a bad moderator", they don't cover every topic and is only an approach of what not-to-do.

I give them to my moderators. Some of them told me "wow, I never though about that" or "well.. most of them are obvious". Sometimes it is easier to think about what we don't like
  1. Don't visit the forums you are moderating often. Twice a month is enough. Nobody cares.
  2. Don't start new threads at your forum. That's the users' responsibility. You are only there for editing and deleting threads.
  3. Argue with users as much as you can. You don't have anything to loose since you are the moderator. Never bring personal matters to private messages. And remember that your opinion is the only one that counts.
  4. Don't respect the other members, make fun of them. If they make spelling errors then criticize them, if they have a poor or unargumented opinion destroy them with words. If they ask for help about using the forum don't help them.
  5. If nobody answers a thread don't answer yourself, the user didn't wanted an answer anyway.
  6. If a user makes a dupe thread in the forum don't be nice, it's the users’ fault not to know the 40+ pages that the forum has in search of a similar thread. And never ever give him a link to the content he is searching for.
  7. Don't edit the bad words in posts. Fights are fun!
  8. If a user is misbehaving ban him immediately, don't try sending him a private message or a warning, it's useless.
  9. Close all the threads you want. Users love to see closed threads.
  10. A way to be cool is to talk about the private forum threads in the public forum. Administrators love the fact that you tell all the users about the content of the private threads.
Feel free to comment on them or add any that I am missing. Remember that the purpose is to be a really bad moderator

Now decide you follows these rules or not ??????
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 129071
Thanks Meter: 13
plzz post some names of such modarators......................i have one name..............stanner austin
Old 08-14-2010, 15:25   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I m not taking any name here & not want to going any controversy

I just inform here what should B the duty of a MOD / Product supporter/ Manager

Bcoz many time they delete / closed thread without any proper reason

Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 17:47   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49752
Sonork: QQ:1474246528
Thanks Meter: 6,085
@aniskhatri
it will be lovely to know which point match to my activity ?
as i can see all 10 points i haven't followed or done anything of this.

more on i can't banned any one because i leave that status so user don't think that i banned them(WHEN I HAVE NOT BANNED). only sup mod and admin ban banned user which i am not.

can you clarify issue what bad experience you had with me?

@srinibas
if you have any problem with any mod or sup mod you can direct pm to admins for actions.
this type of threads really make nothing only PM to admin can do something.
Old 08-14-2010, 18:27   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 120120
Sonork: 100.1592092
Thanks Meter: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinibas View Post

Far from being a set of rules these are some guidelines that I wrote about "how to be a bad moderator", they don't cover every topic and is only an approach of what not-to-do.

I give them to my moderators. Some of them told me "wow, I never though about that" or "well.. most of them are obvious". Sometimes it is easier to think about what we don't like
  1. Don't visit the forums you are moderating often. Twice a month is enough. Nobody cares.
  2. Don't start new threads at your forum. That's the users' responsibility. You are only there for editing and deleting threads.
  3. Argue with users as much as you can. You don't have anything to loose since you are the moderator. Never bring personal matters to private messages. And remember that your opinion is the only one that counts.
  4. Don't respect the other members, make fun of them. If they make spelling errors then criticize them, if they have a poor or unargumented opinion destroy them with words. If they ask for help about using the forum don't help them.
  5. If nobody answers a thread don't answer yourself, the user didn't wanted an answer anyway.
  6. If a user makes a dupe thread in the forum don't be nice, it's the users’ fault not to know the 40+ pages that the forum has in search of a similar thread. And never ever give him a link to the content he is searching for.
  7. Don't edit the bad words in posts. Fights are fun!
  8. If a user is misbehaving ban him immediately, don't try sending him a private message or a warning, it's useless.
  9. Close all the threads you want. Users love to see closed threads.
  10. A way to be cool is to talk about the private forum threads in the public forum. Administrators love the fact that you tell all the users about the content of the private threads.
Feel free to comment on them or add any that I am missing. Remember that the purpose is to be a really bad moderator

Now decide you follows these rules or not ??????

Good tutorial but not to be followed... Anyway i think this is just for fun and you really make me spend a good time reading what you post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanner_austin View Post
@srinibas
if you have any problem with any mod or sup mod you can direct pm to admins for actions.
this type of threads really make nothing only PM to admin can do something.
I have no personal problem with you or any others

Personally i like you

So many time I PM 2 Admin but net result is Zero.

I just post it 4 tutorial purpose . Please dont make it in other meaning

Thanks