GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2006, 11:51   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24552
Thanks Meter: 13
I Do Not Sell Fishy Phones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget our regular weekly "Acle Market" general sales every Thursday
for details see EDP advert each Wednesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sale Dates may be subject to amendment please check local press
or telephone for confirmation before attendance
Back to News Index......

Acle Auctions | House Clearances | How to enter an item to auction
Latest Auction News | Download Auction Catalogue | Contact & Enquiries | Homepage
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

link for all PHONES FROM ******* LOST PROPERTY SOLD HERE

http://www.horners.co.uk/news1.htm

NOW ALL NO WHERE MY PHONES COME FROM
Old 04-15-2006, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15312
Sonork: 100.1576041
Thanks Meter: 1,097
No disrespect, but here (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=281539) u were selling BLOCKED / BARRED / STOLEN / LOST phones.
Yesterday, u were selling a 8800 also blocked.

Seems pretty fishy to me... But not up to me to decide.

Anyway, what was the relevance of this thread anyway?
Old 04-15-2006, 16:34   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Oh I see... you say you have no fault, because u buy them on a auction site.
Well, that´s not our problem. If u bought BLOCKED / STOLEN / REPORTED LOST phones to that auction site, u must complain to them or report to local police.

Just because u bought them legally doesn´t mean they are legal phones. If they are legal why not sell them inside UK? I guess we all know why.
Old 04-15-2006, 16:50   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24552
Thanks Meter: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drug_Store
Oh I see... you say you have no fault, because u buy them on a auction site.
Well, that´s not our problem. If u bought BLOCKED / STOLEN / REPORTED LOST phones to that auction site, u must complain to them or report to local police.

Just because u bought them legally doesn´t mean they are legal phones. If they are legal why not sell them inside UK? I guess we all know why.
This is not any old back street auction thats why i post the site the POLICE AUCTION STUFF THERE AND YES I HAVE TOOK OFFENCE

Phones came from stanstead ******* lost property are you surgesting ******* Authorities are breaking the law here ,
Old 04-15-2006, 17:02   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtony969
This is not any old back street auction thats why i post the site the POLICE AUCTION STUFF THERE AND YES I HAVE TOOK OFFENCE

Phones came from stanstead ******* lost property are you surgesting ******* Authorities are breaking the law here ,
Iīm just trying to clear this subject. Donīt get mad at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtony969
are you surgesting ******* Authorities are breaking the law here
Yes I am.
If police inpound your car (just an example) they can sell it in your country or auction it. If the phones are legal, why donīt sell inside UK?
Maybe because were reported lost / stolen...

Anyway, this is an issue that you donīt need to discuss with me, but with the auction site, or with local police. Apparently this is scam to sell reported lost / stolen phones. If is the police doing it, well, thatīs a bigger problem... But if the phones were legal and sold by the police, u could sell them to the UK or any part of the world. But that seems not to be possible since u can only USE / SELL them to outside UK.

Anyway, as I said, this is not an issue to discuss with us, but to discuss to the persons / companies / sites that you bought them from.

PS: In all countries cops sell drugs / gold / guns / etc illegaly... But doesnīt mean that they are actually legal products.
Old 04-15-2006, 17:48   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Lost phones

Lost phones that are not reported to or claimed from police when found are given back to finder, but if had been reported to network as lost or stolen will be blocked. So you can be legal owner of blocked phone.
The Networks wont unblocked them as they say you not registered owner even though you have reciept from police.
So you have phone that cant be used in uk.
It is not illegal to possess/buy or sell a blocked phone as long as youve not stolen it or bought it legitimatly.
Networks seem to block/bar phones at the drop of a hat here in UK and the manufactures love it because they sell more phones.
Old 04-15-2006, 18:13   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_Too
Lost phones that are not reported to or claimed from police when found are given back to finder, but if had been reported to network as lost or stolen will be blocked. So you can be legal owner of blocked phone.
The Networks wont unblocked them as they say you not registered owner even though you have reciept from police.
So you have phone that cant be used in uk.
It is not illegal to possess/buy or sell a blocked phone as long as youve not stolen it or bought it legitimatly.
Networks seem to block/bar phones at the drop of a hat here in UK and the manufactures love it because they sell more phones.
Not so easy.
U know why they block the phones at all time? Because the owner claims the phone ensure to get a new unit. So the previous phone is "dead" to the network and canīt be legally used anymore.

Same happend with the cars, and other products that has ensurance.

Networks are full with ensurance scams... Not just in UK.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:11   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drug_Store
Not so easy.
U know why they block the phones at all time? Because the owner claims the phone ensure to get a new unit. So the previous phone is "dead" to the network and canīt be legally used anymore.

Same happend with the cars, and other products that has ensurance.

Networks are full with ensurance scams... Not just in UK.
Yes I totally agree, But if you buy from police or government organisation (not one corrupt official) then you are legal owner, same as any not claimed property sold by these departments. As long as you get official receipt you are rightful owner of a techincally non working phone (non working in UK)
Old 04-16-2006, 11:18   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

they also block fones if you dispute their charges or dont pay the bill. As well if you teminate contract early even if you change to pay as you go on same network. Orange did this to one customer who asked to go on payas you go one month before his 12 month contract finished but they didnt tell him they would block his fone and once done they told him cant undo
Old 04-16-2006, 11:27   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I Do Not Sell Fishy Phones

@Mtony969

Do I assume from the thread heading "I Do Not Sell Fishy Phones "

That you dont sell Lobster or microsnapper then
Old 04-16-2006, 20:26   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 240939
Thanks Meter: 17
if its wrong to sell a blocked phone then you can assume its wrong to sell all these boxes that change the imei and also unlocking a phone from a network could be seen as theft seeing as the network provider paid for the phone to be locked to their network.
Old 04-16-2006, 20:28   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 240939
Thanks Meter: 17
by the way ,i couldnt care less if his phones are fishy.good luck to him.
Old 04-16-2006, 20:37   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 108280
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_hodgson
if its wrong to sell a blocked phone then you can assume its wrong to sell all these boxes that change the imei and also unlocking a phone from a network could be seen as theft seeing as the network provider paid for the phone to be locked to their network.

Here in the UK it is not only illegal to change IMEI numbers it is also illegal to own equipment capable of doing so. This is why, I assume, products like Cruiser and more recently Smart Clip have the feature as an optional insall in their software.

Regards
Old 04-16-2006, 23:14   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheadingley
Here in the UK it is not only illegal to change IMEI numbers it is also illegal to own equipment capable of doing so. This is why, I assume, products like Cruiser and more recently Smart Clip have the feature as an optional insall in their software.

Regards
You are wrong. It is not illegal to possess equipment capable of changing imei. Its only illegal to have equipment with the intention of changing the imei. Just like its not illegal own or drive a car capable of going over 70mph but if you use it to travel over the speed limit then you break the law. If your equipment can ONLY change imei then you have no other reason to posses it other that what its made for. But if the function is in the equipment then its only illegal IF you use it.
By buying the eqipment without the possibility of imei changing removes the possibility of being accused of breaking the law and of the hassle of having it all taken away while you try to prove your innocence
Old 04-16-2006, 23:56   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_Too
Yes I totally agree, But if you buy from police or government organisation (not one corrupt official) then you are legal owner, same as any not claimed property sold by these departments. As long as you get official receipt you are rightful owner of a techincally non working phone (non working in UK)
If u get a receipt from the police showing that u are the new owner, take the receipt to the network provider and demand to unblock the unit. Unless is ilegal, they must unblock the phone. Same as if u lost, report and get it back. They must unblock the unit, if (I rephrase IF) u are legal owner.

@mike_hodgson
Is not ilegal to sell the boxes, because in the countries were they are made, thereīs no such laws, so they can sell them worldwide. The responsability is in the buyer side. Buyer must know the law on their on country. Itīs not up to sellers to restrict u from buying.