GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 15:16   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2644957
Thanks Meter: 1
internet solutions for repair technicians

hallo everyone;
I must confess, nothing makes me hate my job as slow, unreliable and costly internet services in my region! because of it, I always live irritated, sad, and fearful. I love my job so deep but because of the problems I have with the internet, I always feel like quitting! at some point, I landed upon a dude that would give me programs that woud enable me run smooth and free, but they never last.
I guess I am not the only one here and think there are fellows who feel the same way. how can we find a solution that would rather smoothen this great passion?
thanks
Old 01-05-2017, 10:44   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1822958
Thanks Meter: 45
i cant imagine ive quite been in your situation but i did used to live in the countryside and fought in every way i could to improve my internet connection, sadly there isnt really any software that can mitigate a poor connection, thats usually down to either the ISP or the actual lines, in either case not something you really have control over and there isnt much you can do in software to help the problem other than getting a program to allow you to resume cut off downloads and keep an archive of as much stuff that you need as possible locally.

you do have a few options though, sadly most are fairly expensive solutions unfortunately. The first option would be satellite internet, there are two types of sat internet, the first only provides the download part of the connection, the upload is done by your normal broadband or phoneline this is because by their nature standard satellite dishes only receive, they dont transmit, ones that do transmit are called V-sat and can provide a full internet connection but both the equipment and the service are very expensive. if you just need a solid fast download say for downloading flash files the cheaper sat internet may meet your needs.

Other options are available like line of sight connection to somewhere with a more stable connection than where you are but sadly if you are stuck in a geographic location where there is a poor connection there arent many affordable options