GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 11:59   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1379876
Thanks Meter: 0
need some help understanding

One stupid moron threw his Vivaz on the floor in the middle of the train station and just left. I took the phone from the ground(pieces of it) and I built it again: new LCD and digitizer, new USB port, new house. Now after all of that the phone is working again and it looks brand new. The only problem is that the phone it looks now blocked by T-Mobile and I can not use it. I know that is illegal to change the IMEI and I don't want to do that. What if I will call Tmobile and ask them about unblocking the phone and tell them that I found it broke on the street and show them the phone in pieces how I found it? Or maybe just to wait to leave the UK and maybe I can use it in USA or Canada? Is still true that if I will go abroad the phone can be used and only in UK is blocked?
Thank you and any input from you will be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:26   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 94675
Sonork: 100.8888 QQ3161545070
Thanks Meter: 97,207
Donate money to this user
your question is :

Q. How can i get round using a handset that is reported lost or stolen?

A. Contact nearest police station and hand in the phone , as if the phone was only thrown away , no need for network to block, only if phone has been reported lost or stolen then the network will block.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:38   #3 (permalink)

You didn't understand or you don't want to. What I was saying is true. The guy came talking on his phone and he just threw the phone on the ground. The phone was in pieces, I took all of them from the ground and I rebuilt it. In your opinion do I have to go to police station with the phone in 5-6 pieces and tell them that I found it on the rail station? They will trow it away fast. What that guy did was, I suppose, he just went to tmobile and report his phone stolen because was with the sim card on it. The tmobile just hand him a new phone and blocked this one. There are a lot of stupid people doing this way. I asked if I can call tmobile to tell them that I found the broken phone and after I rebuilt it is blocked and I want to pay some money if they want but to unlock it. The other question was if this phone can be use in Canada where I will go in a few months. It's so hard for you to understand this?
Old 08-27-2010, 14:00   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 94675
Sonork: 100.8888 QQ3161545070
Thanks Meter: 97,207
Donate money to this user
so u agree in 1 way or another phone is reported lost or stolen? , is that a crime? try getting caught with this phone and see if you get charged for handling stolen goods.

Did you think if that guy who had the phone had stole it ? , anyway try taking it abroad just hope they don t check imei of phone randomly in the ******* as sometimes they check for barred phone as a random check, and getting charge for it, see if cops believe you.
Old 08-27-2010, 15:36   #5 (permalink)

What you are answering have nothing to do with my question. Can you answer or not? I don't need your "conspiracy theory". Do they check my ********* too at the ******* to see if is not barred?
Thanks anyway.
PS: I just talked with tmobile and is ok to keep it.
Old 08-27-2010, 16:02   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 120120
Sonork: 100.1592092
Thanks Meter: 234
Are yoy going to leave the U.K.? Unlock the phone and use it in USA or Canada... Nobody gives a damm about it... There are also some good tutorials how to change the imei but i donīt know if they work with sony ericsson Vivaz... Google it...