GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 13:19   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 197109
Thanks Meter: 1
Why buy expensive boxes????

I didn't know where to post this sorry.

Firstly what are these boxes and clips?? You can get unlocking clips and flashing clips etc and all these other types of boxes what are they???

I don't understand why do 'professionals' buy expesive boxes and clips. Whats the point. I have downloaded the full flash file of a D500 and also unlocked it using a cable I bought from ebay using my PC all for £7

Why don't these guys do the same.

If I want a cheap but fast say usb 2.0 flasher/unlocker where could I get one?? I want a unversal flasher/unlocker that one end of simply plugs into the PC usb port and the other plugs into addon extenssions for each phone.

So basically I can just go out and buy an extension for the motorola V3 and it would work.
Old 12-31-2005, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k
Firstly what are these boxes and clips?? You can get unlocking clips and flashing clips etc and all these other types of boxes what are they???
I don't understand why do 'professionals' buy expesive boxes and clips. Whats the point. I have downloaded the full flash file of a D500 and also unlocked it using a cable I bought from ebay using my PC all for £7
Why don't these guys do the same.
The reason professionals use professional equipment will be obvious if you read the problems posts in this forum.
I actually make more money from free software because others use it then come to me to fix their dead phones. I cant remember how many LGs I bought as dead for £10 each only to find it was bad unlock which I was able to revive by vygis, cruiser or setool. You know the difference between a proffessional and amature? Professionals dont give customers back dead phones after unlocks
Old 12-31-2005, 14:21   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
we unlock every day, not just on sunday
Old 12-31-2005, 14:24   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
but to answer your question, "expensive" box gets you:
-support
-updates
-piece of mind

and is not so "expensive" if you are making enough work to pay for it

plus we get to do all newest phones/versions in no time. most things u dont find free solutions for anymore. cos everyone wants to make some money you know
Old 12-31-2005, 14:28   #5 (permalink)
eko
No Life Poster

Member: 30098
Thanks Meter: 29
Quote:
If I want a cheap but fast say usb 2.0 flasher/unlocker where could I get one?? I want a unversal flasher/unlocker that one end of simply plugs into the PC usb port and the other plugs into addon extenssions for each phone.
So basically I can just go out and buy an extension for the motorola V3 and it would work.

Very great idea!!! Do exactly as you did for the D500, download from the internet, you dont need to buy anything.
Old 12-31-2005, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 8353
Sonork: 113276
Thanks Meter: 335
Donate money to this user
every mobile is not like d500 which is unlocable by a simple cable and downloaded flash file... i think u doesnt know more about mobile phones software/flashing/unlocking...we buy expensive boxes to make money from these boxes....we dont buy them for fun
Old 12-31-2005, 17:29   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 192180
Thanks Meter: 0
expensive boxes = free boxes for us.
since professional unlocker do have a budget set a side for new expensive gadgets.
also money going to expensive gadgets is better than money going to pay for phones killed.
invest wisely or die miserably.
Old 12-31-2005, 18:05   #8 (permalink)

Member: 214687
Totally wrong.

Its not an "expensive box" it is a business investment. By unlocking one phone does not mean everything can be done like this. Many phones require more then just simple push of button to unlock. Secondly and most IMPORTANTLY, if you have no experience in unlocking you have a chance to damage your phone, it is worth paying extra few dollars to get it unlocked professionaly where there is little chance that $500 phone will become useless.
Old 12-31-2005, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

OK, so theoretically I could buy a cheap flasher make the voltage levels stable by using some equipment.

(the D500 cable requires extra power - a 9V battery so I used a adapter instead cos it would give me a stable voltage for a long time. but it failed 2 or three times I checked the voltage with a multimeter and it was too less so I turned it up to 12V and it worked fine. It did take me about 3-4 hours to do this cos RS232 is slow - thats why I asked for usb 2.0 or at least usb 1.1)

But say if I am an electronic engineer and I also know (alot) about computers in quite some detail and also have experience in microcontrollers and low level programming. Could I actually use these cheap flashers to do absolutley everything that these boxes can do.

Cos unlockign and flashing is a hobby not a business. thats why I use the cheap flashers.

You see my university has some quite complex stuff, I could use this.

Plus the nearly all phone have simply two things I things:

RX and TX.

When the engineers at Nokia are debugging and testing new phone I doubt that they are soldering/unsoldering the chip each time (but the might have a PIC jig to program the ROM).

If engineers at Nokia can do that so can I!
Old 12-31-2005, 18:44   #10 (permalink)

Member: 214687
For a hobby yes it is ok, for a business it is difficult because you will not have the time to mess about, you need many solutions, many alternatives, and you need them quick.

br

Gsm2go

Last edited by Gsm2go; 12-31-2005 at 19:49.
Old 12-31-2005, 19:42   #11 (permalink)

Member: 37617
Thanks Meter: 0
the question its self is the answer ... professionals do there work in high quality and fast time ... how long did you take flashing and unlockingand waiting till cable comes to you ? professional boxes have all at once and often before the mobile is in the market ... so you see if you think about your question you can answer your self ... its same question as why use carfabrics robotmachines ... cause man can do the work either ...
have a nice year all together
cu webseller
Old 12-31-2005, 23:26   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

What about my second reply.

If I had the correct software and the correct knowledge then I could actually do exactly the same things that these boxes do???

And possibly just as fast if I used USB 2.0 spec?? But obviously not all of the chips give 480Mbps but I could get the data sheets for them and use that to make a little proggy.

Obvioulsy for all my unlocking/flashing I use a PC, its a great device. So don't need to bother with these 'no pc needed crap'.

My main question is that can a cable do everything a box can do? with the correct software?? Despite the fact that it may be slow and also needs a PC to work.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:34   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19254
Sonork: 100.72990
Thanks Meter: 25,395
Quote:
OK, so theoretically I could buy a cheap flasher make the voltage levels stable by using some equipment.
(the D500 cable requires extra power - a 9V battery so I used a adapter instead cos it would give me a stable voltage for a long time. but it failed 2 or three times I checked the voltage with a multimeter and it was too less so I turned it up to 12V and it worked fine. It did take me about 3-4 hours to do this cos RS232 is slow - thats why I asked for usb 2.0 or at least usb 1.1)
But say if I am an electronic engineer and I also know (alot) about computers in quite some detail and also have experience in microcontrollers and low level programming. Could I actually use these cheap flashers to do absolutley everything that these boxes can do.
Cos unlockign and flashing is a hobby not a business. thats why I use the cheap flashers.
You see my university has some quite complex stuff, I could use this.
Plus the nearly all phone have simply two things I things:
RX and TX.
When the engineers at Nokia are debugging and testing new phone I doubt that they are soldering/unsoldering the chip each time (but the might have a PIC jig to program the ROM).
If engineers at Nokia can do that so can I!
1. Is not about the 9v power. Because the RS232 it work on 3,3v-5v and that rs232 interface use a LM7805 stabiliser or ZD5v1 to make required voltage for power the logic interface.
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/max232.pdf
If you are an electronic engineer you should know that and not write nonsenses here.

2.About USB 2.0 and 1.1... if you use FTDI or Prolific chip that work on maximum 921600 baudrate... dont matter if is USB 2.0 or 1.1.If you know some things about UART and USB ports you should know this.

3.You think that you know so much about phones and low level programing? can you compile a loader for D500? Or at last to find the flash sectors mapping for KBB05A500 ?

4. About RX and TX: yes most phones use only this 2 lines for comunication. But can you find the data structure that must be sended/recieved on this lines?

Do you think is that simple? Is very easy to use a software made by someone and simply press the "UNLOCK" or "FLASH" button.
Do you know what operations are made when you press that button? I dont think so.
If you whant to see how it is, contact me private and i will give you some homework to show you that is not so simple.

Do you think that you can do a software or pic (clip) to program the ROM on DCT4 or BB5 phones by UART or Jtag??? Nokia engeniers can do that. Can you do it?

Last edited by Elco; 01-01-2006 at 02:11.