GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > USB-Smart > Sharp 3G (USB-Smart)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2006, 04:53   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 166873
Thanks Meter: 6
Question Sharp 902sh Urgent Help Please!!!!!

Hi, I have a Sharp 902Sh, if I flash it with Euro firmware it works fine but if I put Chinese firmware, it just says on the Initialising Screen and reboots also after some time. I have tried different Chinese versions from support, still same.

The reason I want to load Chinese firmware is because here in New Zealand, Video Calling and MMS on Sharp 902SH only work on Chinese Firmware and with Euro Firmware the phone does not even detect 3G network.
And, for GPRS, it says internet Service Not Enabled, but works fine with Chinese Firmware and the phone was originally running on Chinese firmware.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is my friends phone and I promised him I will make it running and Multimedia Messaging and Video Calling will both work fine.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 150697
Thanks Meter: 7
chinese firmware is the best for 902sh.

usually initializing takes about 10-20 minutes. it will reboot and startup.

if it reboots to initializing.. flash files again and flash REBOOTFIX.SSW

make sure battery is 100%... if phone is not booting now, you will have to charge the battery in another phone or get another battery charger
Old 05-25-2006, 00:05   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 166873
Thanks Meter: 6
hi, thanks for replying, I have been able to flash the phone with euro and its working, just GPRS, Video Call and MMZ won't work, with Chinese firmware I think the battery was not fully charged as the phone kept dying on initialising screen, also can you tell me which file to download for Chinese firmware, a bit confused here as Euro 1.40 has 8 files and all other firmwares have only 3 or 4 files? Also, is Japansese firmware as good as chinese, I hope with chinese firmware the phone won't startup in chinese language as I won't be able to change it back to English.

Also, I am not sure if the battery was charging or not when the phone was not booting but I tried flashing it and when it started I plugged in the charger while it was flashing, I hope this won't damage the phone.

Thanks