GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > USB-Smart > Sharp 3G (USB-Smart)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006, 05:36   #1 (permalink)

Member: 305190
Thanks Meter: 0
Unlocking Sharp 903sh in JP firmware

Hi every big brothers, I am newbie here and I do need a plain English explanation about unlocking the Sharp 903sh model. I have read many posts about this subject before but I still don't understand. So I hope everyone can really help me out here

I have a locked Sharp 903sh manufacturing in Jan., 2006 with Japanese firmware and I want to unlock this phone in order to use it here. In order to unlock this model safely and not to damage it, is testpoint required for unlocking? Does flashing require for unlocking? Is direct unlock with the USB Crusier Cable able to work it out?

I ask the technician before and he says "with Sharp 902sh cable, it should be the same. It just a direct unlocks. No test point and no flashing require. It should be pretty easy to unlock it." Is it true? Because I saw some posts here said that won't work. Also I ask another technician that tp and flashing are needed for unlocking this model. Who's right here???

Also I am living in LA, SoCal and please do let me know or pm me if you know a trusted technician or pro in this area that can unlock this phone. I do appreciate your help and many thanks.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 150697
Thanks Meter: 7
hey, whatsup,

I wish there were more people with such consistent english as yourself here on this board. in all honesty, I haven't seen or heard of a direct unlock for the latest cid73 sharp cell phones. all the main tools are still unlocking by testpoint.

It is possible, though, that the Euro models are unlockable by IMEI, but that is something that is only possible for the somewhat uncommon Euro version.

Sharp 3G phones come in two bootloader flavours. Think of the bootloader as the form of communication between the service device, the phone and the chip in the phone. One is CID24 and one is CID73.

CID24 does NOT require a testpoint, and using USBSMart you can simply flash the 2006_unlocked file to it without problem.* (Some people have reported problems with the phone not booting after the flash. If this occurs, simply reflash with Euro firmware then back to Japanese or vice versa.)

CID73 DOES require a testpoint. CID73 was released in December 2005. Unfortunately, in December 2005, there were still CID24 phones released. The way to tell the difference between CID24 and CID73 is in the IMEI. In the middle of the IMEI, if you see 00/0 you have CID24 phone; however, if you see 00/1, you have CID73 phone.

Flashing IS required to unlock a 903. For most phones, as the firmwares are written and distributed all over the world then simply customized for each operator, you can just enter a code or have a tool do the unlock. The 903, however, is different. Sharp developed the 903sh for use only by Vodafone Japan. The unlock for the 903 is basically a flash that contains the information necessary for an unlock. The original Japanese firmware does not contain unlock information.

The cruiser cable works well for most applications. CID24 and earlier sharp 3g phones have no problems. However, with the 903, CID73, many people have reported dead phones all together when using cruiser 4in1. The best thing to do is to buy a Saras based box (nbox, power flasher, UFS2, UFS3, twister, tornado, clone box) and use that for the flashing. This is because the testpoint (the reliable one anyways) is on the other side from the battery compartment. This makes it difficult to hold the TP while inserting the battery. The UFS box (Saras box, UFS is the commonly referred to interface) is great because it supplies power to the phone's board and you dont have to use the battery at all. When moving the board while holding the TP there is a significant chance to ruin the testpoint and permanently damage the phone. Make sure that when using the cruiser cable that the voltage attached to the cable is between 3V and 5.2V (3V is absolute minimum and possible too low). The battery is 3.7V and some charging devices output up to 5.2V. Also make sure that the voltage is supplied by a regulated power supply. Using batteries is unreliable and potentially dangerous.

The technician is correct about the 902 cable. The 802, 902, 903 cables are the same. However, you will have to refer to my guide above in order to assure yourself of which procedure is necessary.

I live in British Columbia, about 1200 miles north of you. Unfortunately, however I do not know anyone in LA who is able to help you out. I will check on it and get back to you.

Good luck,
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcentraler
Hi every big brothers, I am newbie here and I do need a plain English explanation about unlocking the Sharp 903sh model. I have read many posts about this subject before but I still don't understand. So I hope everyone can really help me out here

I have a locked Sharp 903sh manufacturing in Jan., 2006 with Japanese firmware and I want to unlock this phone in order to use it here. In order to unlock this model safely and not to damage it, is testpoint required for unlocking? Does flashing require for unlocking? Is direct unlock with the USB Crusier Cable able to work it out?

I ask the technician before and he says "with Sharp 902sh cable, it should be the same. It just a direct unlocks. No test point and no flashing require. It should be pretty easy to unlock it." Is it true? Because I saw some posts here said that won't work. Also I ask another technician that tp and flashing are needed for unlocking this model. Who's right here???

Also I am living in LA, SoCal and please do let me know or pm me if you know a trusted technician or pro in this area that can unlock this phone. I do appreciate your help and many thanks.
Old 07-07-2006, 17:33   #3 (permalink)

Hey Kevin brother, what's up and thank you so much for your prompt reply and great input on the unlocking procedure.

Nice to know on how to finding out the CID because I read many posts here before that it seems required for some tools likes tp in order to finding it out. Anyway, the IMEI on my 903sh is coming up as xxxxx1/00/13xxxx/2 so I believe this is CID73, right? Sounds like unlocking the CID73 is not an easy job???

Questions about flashing and firmware, can I flash my JP firmware into other firmware likes Euro? Also I notice from another mobile phone forum starting with the "h" that the JP firmware has re-provisioning problem and the Euro does not have. Can the "re-provisioning" problem be eliminated or solved on the JP firmware after unlocked? In your opinion, which firmware is considerably good or stable among with all the available firmwares?

Last but not the least, please do let me know if you or your friends know someone who is pro. in unlocking this phone in my area or your area who can take & accept the order from US (as I don't mind to send it to North). Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbodian
hey, whatsup,
Quote:

I wish there were more people with such consistent english as yourself here on this board. in all honesty, I haven't seen or heard of a direct unlock for the latest cid73 sharp cell phones. all the main tools are still unlocking by testpoint.

It is possible, though, that the Euro models are unlockable by IMEI, but that is something that is only possible for the somewhat uncommon Euro version.

Sharp 3G phones come in two bootloader flavours. Think of the bootloader as the form of communication between the service device, the phone and the chip in the phone. One is CID24 and one is CID73.

CID24 does NOT require a testpoint, and using USBSMart you can simply flash the 2006_unlocked file to it without problem.* (Some people have reported problems with the phone not booting after the flash. If this occurs, simply reflash with Euro firmware then back to Japanese or vice versa.)

CID73 DOES require a testpoint. CID73 was released in December 2005. Unfortunately, in December 2005, there were still CID24 phones released. The way to tell the difference between CID24 and CID73 is in the IMEI. In the middle of the IMEI, if you see 00/0 you have CID24 phone; however, if you see 00/1, you have CID73 phone.

Flashing IS required to unlock a 903. For most phones, as the firmwares are written and distributed all over the world then simply customized for each operator, you can just enter a code or have a tool do the unlock. The 903, however, is different. Sharp developed the 903sh for use only by Vodafone Japan. The unlock for the 903 is basically a flash that contains the information necessary for an unlock. The original Japanese firmware does not contain unlock information.

The cruiser cable works well for most applications. CID24 and earlier sharp 3g phones have no problems. However, with the 903, CID73, many people have reported dead phones all together when using cruiser 4in1. The best thing to do is to buy a Saras based box (nbox, power flasher, UFS2, UFS3, twister, tornado, clone box) and use that for the flashing. This is because the testpoint (the reliable one anyways) is on the other side from the battery compartment. This makes it difficult to hold the TP while inserting the battery. The UFS box (Saras box, UFS is the commonly referred to interface) is great because it supplies power to the phone's board and you dont have to use the battery at all. When moving the board while holding the TP there is a significant chance to ruin the testpoint and permanently damage the phone. Make sure that when using the cruiser cable that the voltage attached to the cable is between 3V and 5.2V (3V is absolute minimum and possible too low). The battery is 3.7V and some charging devices output up to 5.2V. Also make sure that the voltage is supplied by a regulated power supply. Using batteries is unreliable and potentially dangerous.

The technician is correct about the 902 cable. The 802, 902, 903 cables are the same. However, you will have to refer to my guide above in order to assure yourself of which procedure is necessary.

I live in British Columbia, about 1200 miles north of you. Unfortunately, however I do not know anyone in LA who is able to help you out. I will check on it and get back to you.

Good luck,
Kevin
Old 07-07-2006, 22:11   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

xxxxx1/00/13xxxx/2 means cid73.

There is some information in the sticky section here that shows how to unlock the 903 without opening the phone; however, this method doesn't seem to work ALL the time. In all honesty, I have not tried it. The TP that requires opening the phone is quite reliable (i am referring to the TP that is on the last pin of a 8pin resistor-thingie). If done using the UFS interface it is quite easy and I haven't heard of any phones dying when the unlock is done correctly. Be careful with the TP. Using a needle is ok but be careful not to press too hard as the sharp point of the needle may damage the solder on the TP.

Firmware info:

Chinese (never flashed it) - flashed 1 time but just reflashed right after
Taiwanese (never flashed it) - " "
Euro - no repro, mp3 (CBR not VBR; must be under 192kbps audio encoding), 1 theme (not changeable), no answering machine*, cant remove operator tag*
Japanese - repro**, must convert mp3 to AAC using iTunes etc, AAC ringtone must be under 300kB and be copied to phone memory, 3 themes (theme 2 being the nicest imo), answering machine, CAN remove operator tag, full screen wallpaper

* - after flashing to euro, use 8+power trick to active answering machine and remove operator tag
** - if you flash euro, then insert sim, do master reset. take out sim and re-flash back to JP and DO NOT do master reset, DO NOT change sim cards. re-pro is gone unless you do master reset or change sim card.

In my opinion, Japanese firmware has the most features and is the sexiest of the firmwares. Euro is the simplest to deal with, but the Japanese firmware looks really good.

Let me get back to you about the unlocking in your area. It would be much simpler for the service to be done in your local area. I do this service myself for my own clients (blackdogmobile.ca; ya i know, html *****), but mailing it to Canada might be a pain in the ***.

Quote:
Hey Kevin brother, what's up and thank you so much for your prompt reply and great input on the unlocking procedure.

Nice to know on how to finding out the CID because I read many posts here before that it seems required for some tools likes tp in order to finding it out. Anyway, the IMEI on my 903sh is coming up as xxxxx1/00/13xxxx/2 so I believe this is CID73, right? Sounds like unlocking the CID73 is not an easy job???

Questions about flashing and firmware, can I flash my JP firmware into other firmware likes Euro? Also I notice from another mobile phone forum starting with the "h" that the JP firmware has re-provisioning problem and the Euro does not have. Can the "re-provisioning" problem be eliminated or solved on the JP firmware after unlocked? In your opinion, which firmware is considerably good or stable among with all the available firmwares?

Last but not the least, please do let me know if you or your friends know someone who is pro. in unlocking this phone in my area or your area who can take & accept the order from US (as I don't mind to send it to North). Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 07-07-2006, 22:14   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

TP is found here

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...3&d=1143199485
Old 07-07-2006, 23:31   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member: 113928
Sonork: 100.111866
Thanks Meter: 1,838
Donate money to this user
no solution sharp cid73 without testpoint

do with the testpoint flash u r phone like these file

SH903_v1046_EURO_2006_Unlocked_Part1.ssw
SH903_v1046_EURO_2006_Unlocked_Part2.ssw
SH903_v1046_EURO_2006_Unlocked_Part3.ssw

then try to unlock

today i have unlocked my phone without any problem

br
Old 07-09-2006, 00:42   #7 (permalink)

Hey all br, good Sat.

Thank you and many thanks all of your help and answering all the questions I have Indeed the more I learn about the process of unlocking this model in this board, the more I can tell how reliable the technician is as I try to find a good technician here.

Let me get clear on the re-pro problem here. If I want to get rid of the re-pro problem on the JP firmware, is it true to flash the phone from JP firmware to Euro firmware then flash it back to JP firmware with your instruction on below (JP-->EURO-->JP)? Please kindly correct me if I am wrong here.

I totally agree with you that the JP firmware is the sexiest one. Without doubt that the design of phone itself has drawing many attentions already. Even I can't use the phone now, by watching it, I can't get this phone out of my hand.

Thank you, br. Please do let me when you find out a pro who can donice job in unlocking on my area in LA or San Francisco Bay Area since I always travel these areas because of my work.

Cheers...

Quote:
xxxxx1/00/13xxxx/2 means cid73.

There is some information in the sticky section here that shows how to unlock the 903 without opening the phone; however, this method doesn't seem to work ALL the time. In all honesty, I have not tried it. The TP that requires opening the phone is quite reliable (i am referring to the TP that is on the last pin of a 8pin resistor-thingie). If done using the UFS interface it is quite easy and I haven't heard of any phones dying when the unlock is done correctly. Be careful with the TP. Using a needle is ok but be careful not to press too hard as the sharp point of the needle may damage the solder on the TP.

Firmware info:
Chinese (never flashed it) - flashed 1 time but just reflashed right after
Taiwanese (never flashed it) - " "
Euro - no repro, mp3 (CBR not VBR; must be under 192kbps audio encoding), 1 theme (not changeable), no answering machine*, cant remove operator tag*
Japanese - repro**, must convert mp3 to AAC using iTunes etc, AAC ringtone must be under 300kB and be copied to phone memory, 3 themes (theme 2 being the nicest imo), answering machine, CAN remove operator tag, full screen wallpaper

* - after flashing to euro, use 8+power trick to active answering machine and remove operator tag
** - if you flash euro, then insert sim, do master reset. take out sim and re-flash back to JP and DO NOT do master reset, DO NOT change sim cards. re-pro is gone unless you do master reset or change sim card.

In my opinion, Japanese firmware has the most features and is the sexiest of the firmwares. Euro is the simplest to deal with, but the Japanese firmware looks really good.

Let me get back to you about the unlocking in your area. It would be much simpler for the service to be done in your local area. I do this service myself for my own clients (blackdogmobile.ca; ya i know, html *****), but mailing it to Canada might be a pain in the ***.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:32   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Hey all br, good Sat.

Let me get clear on the re-pro problem here. If I want to get rid of the re-pro problem on the JP firmware, is it true to flash the phone from JP firmware to Euro firmware then flash it back to JP firmware with your instruction on below (JP-->EURO-->JP)? Please kindly correct me if I am wrong here.
just flash to Euro, then insert the sim you want to use. do master reset and set it to GSM mode etc.

then flash back to JP and put the sim back in. no more repro!

repro will come back if you do master reset at this point or if you put in a different sim card.

during the flashing progress, not all memory is removed. sure, the nvmem chip is completely flashed, but there is some information stored elsewhere that doesnt change until you do a master reset or change sims.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:47   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

as for places to get it done in ur area...

in boston there is evan_silbert (iunlock.com)

and in LA, i just remembered, I do know a Japanese guy who does this. I just contacted him to ask if he still does it, so in a day or so I should be able to get back to you about this.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:19   #10 (permalink)

Great mate, thank you so much for your above teaching on the repro problem.

So much thanks for your great help in locating a pro in my area. I did check with iunlock.com before and actually i called their shop before and the guy told me that he could not do the job as he told me on the phone that it's dangerous in unlocking or flashing the cid73 model even the website is offering the unlock service for 903sh So I am crossing my finger on your great news.

Something outside the 903sh, I also notice that you are also following the unlock on 904sh too. Technically speaking, does Sharp make the 904sh much harder in unlocking than the cid73 model?

Many thanks, my br.

Quote:
as for places to get it done in ur area...

in boston there is evan_silbert (iunlock.com)

and in LA, i just remembered, I do know a Japanese guy who does this. I just contacted him to ask if he still does it, so in a day or so I should be able to get back to you about this.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:35   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

apparently, 904 might be cid73 as well... but mobile platform is completely different.

there is an unlock out for 904 right now, but no SMS is possible. a solution for 904 might be out within next 2 months.

many people, including myself are afraid to work on cid73 handset. i will wait until i hear back from mr suzuki in LA.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:36   #12 (permalink)

Interesting...as for 904, I will open up another thread in discussing its spec. How likely the chance do you think the 904 can be done within next 2 months? I am sure that will be another hit but I don't think I will get it in near future since price will jack up much higher than what I see on ebay. Perhaps a 2nd or 3rd job may able to help out

I can understand how difficult can be in working out the unlocking on the cid73 handset as the model is very sophisticated as I learn more. Anyway, my br., please let me know if mr. suzuki is willing in taking the job. Thank you so much, br.

Cheers

Quote:
apparently, 904 might be cid73 as well... but mobile platform is completely different.

there is an unlock out for 904 right now, but no SMS is possible. a solution for 904 might be out within next 2 months.

many people, including myself are afraid to work on cid73 handset. i will wait until i hear back from mr suzuki in LA.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:43   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Interesting...as for 904, I will open up another thread in discussing its spec. How likely the chance do you think the 904 can be done within next 2 months? I am sure that will be another hit but I don't think I will get it in near future since price will jack up much higher than what I see on ebay. Perhaps a 2nd or 3rd job may able to help out

I can understand how difficult can be in working out the unlocking on the cid73 handset as the model is very sophisticated as I learn more. Anyway, my br., please let me know if mr. suzuki is willing in taking the job. Thank you so much, br.

Cheers
actually i forgot. suzukisan is on the board here. his name here is "euroslot".

send him a PM.

Right now the 904 is REALLY cheap. i think the unlock will come really soon. already there is an unlock but it hasnt been released yet and SMS doesnt work.
Old 07-10-2006, 21:11   #14 (permalink)

Hey br. thank you so much for your big help. I just sit tight and wait for his reply then.

Indeed 904 is really damn cheap on ebay now but I assume it will jump at least US$200+ if the unlock version. Do you think it will hit likes 903sh and did you receive lots of inquiries from your customer on this model so far?

Cheers.

Quote:
actually i forgot. suzukisan is on the board here. his name here is "euroslot".

send him a PM.

Right now the 904 is REALLY cheap. i think the unlock will come really soon. already there is an unlock but it hasnt been released yet and SMS doesnt work.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

there is alot of 904 stuff at howardforums.com

i am kind of worried about the 904 unlock. even if it comes out, ther emight be repro problem no matter what. because there is no current 904 in UK or any other country, it will be hard to know what changes the unlock will bring to the Japanese firmware. if there will be a UK release, I am sure the unlock will be of better quality. for now, we can only wait.