GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM

Hardware Equipments for GSM All about Hardware Instruments and equipments like Soldering Stations, Hardware Tools, Oscilloscopes , Frequency Counters ..ext.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 22:28   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 68373
Thanks Meter: 10
Exclamation AOYUE 968 problem...I need info for resolve...

Good evening to everybody, I have a problem with an air warm station, an AOYUE 968, from the day that I have acquired her it has a problem and I would like to mend alone her without having to postpone everything to the seller because I am in italia and the seller in polonia....
The problem that is introduced it is that as soon as I turn on the warm air, later around 5 second, it enters protection of cooling, as if the temperature is found at the most always, but this is not true, I think there is some sensor of protection that he is jammed, but not having a scheme, I don't know whether to put hand.
Does someone of you know this product?
Or if I make you see the photos of as she is done to the inside, are you able to tell me on which component I have to operate?
Thanks to all for the attention.
BR

Last edited by globogsm2; 07-19-2006 at 22:58.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:22   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 10350
Thanks Meter: 68
Hello Globo,

Here is what I can tell You about Aoyue malfunctions.
We sold many hot air station and I know main problems that may appear.

1) First off all it`s very important after you receive the station - remove screw in the bottom - red marked screw that is only for safety reasons during transport.

2) It`s also very important to not remove power cable when station is hot.
For example if You finished the job - you must turn off station and wait untill it will cool itself and stop working.

3) Main malfunction for very often used stations is damaged heater. Check if heater is ok - solution - replace it.

4) Also in new stations sometimes it happen that during transport it some of pipes inside fall out - solution - open cover and check if all pipes are ok on it`s places

5) Also one time we had a problem with cable that connects module (on third photo) with sensor of hot air. The cable was broken and station was not able to check the temperature - so it was asways showing 90 C and couldnt heat more. Solution - You must open the cover, then open the hot air handheld and test all wires. If some wire is not working must be replaced.

sales links

Best Regards
Jakub, TechGSM

Last edited by Raheeeeb; 02-01-2007 at 05:20.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35   #3 (permalink)

Member: 316198
Thanks Meter: 0
Hello,

Rather then post a new post since I am having a problem(s) with the same unit I thought it would be appropriate to reply instead.

I have the same station and its exhibiting 2 rather odd problems. The first is sort of weird. When using the hot air tool and setting the air flow it only ****s between 1-2 and 6-8 on the scale 1 being the highest 3-5 having no airflow and 6-8 slowly working up from a low to a medium airflow. Is this normal?

The second problem which is a larger problem since it was the reason I bought the station (already had a decent hot air tool) is the iron even on the maximum setting will not get hot enough to melt solder (though the tool does get hot).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 07-22-2006, 09:55   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@Nick
What is the model of the station and brand?
Basically you can work with hot air or not?

If the iron dont heat enought you should check heater, also to melt solder you should have it always clean...
Old 07-22-2006, 12:23   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@techgsm

I have acquired from her the 968 and I had also contacted her 2 days after the acquisition that didn't work, but I prefer to mend her me without having to attend too much time to replace her or to mend, has ordered the exchange on his site, I hope for to resolve changing the piece " Heater for hot air station series 852, 909, 968 "
BR
Old 07-22-2006, 14:12   #6 (permalink)

@techgsm

Sorry. The same brand and model: Aoyue 968. The heat put out by the hot air tool is fine and I can melt solder with it fine the only thing wrong with it is the airflow weirdness.

As for the heating element on the iron. Is there an easy way to tell if the heater needs replaced and it's not a larger electrical problem? I have literally used the iron under 10 times (over about a 1.5 year period) since buying it and there doesn't seem to be any obvious cracking/charring on the element. Second if it does require replacing do you stock the replacement part, which I believe is the C001?

Thanks,
Nick

Oh forgot to add: The tip is very clean with an smooth even finnish, in the process of trying to figure this problem out I cleaned it several times. I have never had a tip look so new that didn't come out of a package.
Old 07-22-2006, 14:22   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklinn
@techgsm

Sorry. The same brand and model: Aoyue 968. The heat put out by the hot air tool is fine and I can melt solder with it fine the only thing wrong with it is the airflow weirdness.
In my opinion as long as is work and you can do the job, ignore it...

Quote:
As for the heating element on the iron. Is there an easy way to tell if the heater needs replaced and it's not a larger electrical problem? I have literally used the iron under 10 times (over about a 1.5 year period) since buying it and there doesn't seem to be any obvious cracking/charring on the element. Second if it does require replacing do you stock the replacement part, which I believe is the C001?
Well, after u used it 10 times it surely does not require replacement.

Here is link for tips:
http://www.techgsm.com/v2search.php?...ey=tip&x=0&y=0

and here is for replacement parts:
http://www.techgsm.com/Heater_for_re..._936,3985.html
this is the one you need... in case your one is not working

BR
Jakub
Old 07-22-2006, 14:49   #8 (permalink)

Another quick question.

How do you expose the heating element for removal? I want to pull it out to check for an interal short and the only obvious way to get it out (pulling on the the heater out the bottom with the cord doesn't seem to work.
Old 07-22-2006, 14:51   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Yes,
You must cut it and solder new wires from replacement heater...
Old 07-23-2006, 19:14   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 269380
Thanks Meter: 67
Hello Jakub,
i have sent you my mail and am waiting for reply
Old 07-27-2006, 20:22   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@ techgsm

I have replaced the resistance with a new acquired by you, but the problem has not been resolved.....
can you tell me where to intervene for mending the problem?
thanks in advance
BR
Old 07-28-2006, 11:25   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Well,

If I not see this station I cannot help more, I can give only hints (above)
I must see station to help You
Old 07-28-2006, 21:06   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

it is all right, thanks the same, will do my way...
Good evening
BR
Old 01-30-2007, 09:53   #14 (permalink)

Member: 440417
Thanks Meter: 1
hi globogsm2
recently i had the same problem with aoyue 968,the hotair gun temperature is always at 90 C and the sensor is always at 504 C which is not true.Also the pump is always on because the cpu thinks that hotair gun is at 504 C.Have you found any solution???
Old 01-30-2007, 09:55   #15 (permalink)

Member: 440417
Thanks Meter: 1
I forgot to mention that the heater and the sensor,both are ok and to be sure i changed them with a new one...but the problem still there.
The Following User Says Thank You to iarmagedon For This Useful Post: