GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Hardware Equipments for GSM (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f38/)
-   -   need guide for infra red station (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f38/need-guide-infra-red-station-2188186/)

Akh.gsm.1985 02-02-2017 00:02

need guide for infra red station

hi my friends
I recently buy an infra red station . and I saw some tutorial videos. I have some question. please guide me by your experiences. I need these information for normal and glued ICs.

1- what is the proper temperature for removing IC and glued IC?
2- should I use preheater too (simultaniously) for removing IC?
3- what is the proper distance between IC and IR light gun?
4- what is the proper time for heating IC and glued IC?
5- should I protect around the IC against the light? How?

If any one give me some pictures of his work is very great.

TNX ALOT

Mohamadmohamad 02-03-2017 15:57

Hello; men jou habe to get jour awn experiace by triying to remoeve ic"s and componentes, on that way jou leerned wel.

Akh.gsm.1985 02-03-2017 20:09

You are right my friend but we are here to use each other's experience, if we try any things by ourselves then we waste many times and money...

orx 02-05-2017 12:29

hi

first of all we would like to understand that you bought the station.
then understand what you want to work, BGA, SMD;
phone mother board or PC mother board ..

Akh.gsm.1985 02-05-2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by orx (Post 12322828)
hi

first of all we would like to understand that you bought the station.
then understand what you want to work, BGA, SMD;
phone mother board or PC mother board ..

hi
I want to work on Mobile phone power IC , CPU , EMMC and all other ICs.

.:SARCAR:. 02-05-2017 20:08

@Akh.gsm.1985 ,

I share some of my ideas here step by step as u describe , hope it will helpful .

1) proper temp to remove ic's depends on two things . leaded or non-leaded . for non-leaded bga ic's need 120-150"C and for leaded glue ic's need 180-230"C

2) yes it's better to use preheater to melt down solder easily . actually preheater heat pcb from downside . it's more helpful for infrared station to not damage pcb or solderpads under bga ic's

3) distance between ic & infra light gun depends on size of ic also solder type , weather it's lead or lead free . anyway distance should be 1cm-3cm

4) already written above that it's depends on solder type , lead free solder melting point is high than lead solder .

5) yes you must protect pcb around ic by kapton tape or alluminum foil so that other parts not damage . it's very usefull for plastic parts .

if you need more help please reply here.

Akh.gsm.1985 02-05-2017 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:SARCAR:. (Post 12323549)
@Akh.gsm.1985 ,

I share some of my ideas here step by step as u describe , hope it will helpful .

1) proper temp to remove ic's depends on two things . leaded or non-leaded . for non-leaded bga ic's need 120-150"C and for leaded glue ic's need 180-230"C

2) yes it's better to use preheater to melt down solder easily . actually preheater heat pcb from downside . it's more helpful for infrared station to not damage pcb or solderpads under bga ic's

3) distance between ic & infra light gun depends on size of ic also solder type , weather it's lead or lead free . anyway distance should be 1cm-3cm

4) already written above that it's depends on solder type , lead free solder melting point is high than lead solder .

5) yes you must protect pcb around ic by kapton tape or alluminum foil so that other parts not damage . it's very usefull for plastic parts .

Your reply is very very useful. Thank you very much. Absolutely I use it in my work . I ask here if needed. Thanks alot

Akh.gsm.1985 02-08-2017 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:SARCAR:. (Post 12323549)
@Akh.gsm.1985 ,

hi my friend.
I have some question again. If we use preheater and there be IC around the faulty IC. Preheater will damage it/ its balls ? protection is needed from the other side of the board?
And, if there be an ic on the other side of the board, can we use preheater?
thanks alot

..:MumbaiGsm:.. 02-11-2017 05:21

nothing can happen at 100"c temp. rather than only Heating board.
no part in pcb having melting point or elasticity at 100"c <depends Heating Duration>.
so you can Set preheater temp. at 100'c
apply remaining about 120 to 150"c from upper heater

still depends on Practice>Experience>and Logic...

WBR...

excessive 02-11-2017 22:49

Agree with all written ..

A question: what IRDA model are you using?

One suggestion based on my experience also:
Be sure to use at least 1 or better 2 and 3 Ktemp probes, to be sure about the temperatures.

with an IRDA it's easy to burn an IC. Be sure not to expose the IC for too long to high temperature.

Regards

fulviospano 02-16-2017 00:49

And use a good flux
Amtech 995 for lead-free
Amtech 223 for lead tin
only original