GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > LCD Refurbish

LCD Refurbish All things related to LCD / Screen refurbish and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 14:38   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2227125
Thanks Meter: 1
OCA repair thred

Hello to all,

i'm from Croatia and i do LOCA based glass only repar. My goal with this thread is to find some information about OCA based LCD repair.

Right now with LOCA repair and i repair Galaxy S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, Note 1 etc.

My step by step guide is:
- Disassemble the phone
- Heat up front of the screen
- Remove broken glass
- Clean the screen from old glue
- Remove AMOLED panel from midle housing
- Put AMOLED panel in alighment mold
- Put LOCA glue and cure it

This guide works with AMOLED type of screen's. I wanna do glass replacment on LCD screen type which have backlight or light box. The problem is that i need to remove backlight to stop LOCA glue to get in backlight. Problem is when i remove backligh i can easly broke LCD, i cant clean so good back of the LCD, and lightbox are extra cost and I cant find it for some model.
So i did some research and i found out about OCA tehnic.

So i need to know Which machine do i need to have for proper glass replacment.
I found out that i need:
- LCD dissasembly machine (which I have)
- OCA/polarizator remover
- Laminator machine for OCA/Polarizator
- Vacuum laminator machine for OCA/Polarizator
- Autoclave machine
- Laminator frame machine for iPhone

My bigest concer is that is it necessarily to have: Laminator for OCA and Vacuum Laminator machine. These one are the most expensive. Isn't just good enough after cleaning LCD/AMOLED panel to apply OCA sheat by hand with 3 inch roller, without Laminator and just put it in autoclave? Will the final resoult be without any bubbles?
I know that i need to have Autoclave and OCA/Polarizator remover.

Thanks in advance for any kind of replay, and sorry for my poor english.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:17   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 321523
Thanks Meter: 60
hello bro,

hello bro,
there is 2 types of machine for oca work, one is need bubble remover and second is no need bubble remover. if you buy no need bubble remover machine then you just need only one machine , but its costly. and if you going with bubble remover then you need , oca laminator , lcd glass laminator and the third is bubble remover.
i am already doing in india with big machine that i no need bubble remover.
The Following User Says Thank You to saniamirza For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2014, 13:21   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniamirza View Post
hello bro,
there is 2 types of machine for oca work, one is need bubble remover and second is no need bubble remover. if you buy no need bubble remover machine then you just need only one machine , but its costly. and if you going with bubble remover then you need , oca laminator , lcd glass laminator and the third is bubble remover.
i am already doing in india with big machine that i no need bubble remover.
Thanks for replay,
Can send me some info about this machines in PM? I will be very gratefull.
Old 10-08-2014, 00:29   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1972769
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi Guys.

This is something i have started to do.

I invested in a machined which is supposed to laminate & remove bubbles all in one

apparently i can't post links but if you search for Novel Glass Lens Touch Screen LCD Laminating Machine Repair Tool you will find more info & quite a few youtube vids on how it works.

It laminates & removes bubbles all in one machine.

I have pretty much mastered it i can remove the glass, clean & prepare the LCD & apply the OCA onto the LCD without any bubbles.

Theres still a couple of things i can't seem to get right & its very frustrating.

I still get a bubble usually very small & mostly in the top left corner of the screen i also get discolouration in the same place if i don't get a bubble.

The bubble is always a very small one but still renders the screen useless.

Has anyone else got any experience with these machines & have they had the same issues.

How did you overcome them any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2014, 19:03   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBox View Post
Hi Guys.

I invested in a machined which is supposed to laminate & remove bubbles all in one

apparently i can't post links but if you search for Novel Glass Lens Touch Screen LCD Laminating Machine Repair Tool you will find more info & quite a few youtube vids on how it works.

I have pretty much mastered it i can remove the glass, clean & prepare the LCD & apply the OCA onto the LCD without any bubbles.

Theres still a couple of things i can't seem to get right & its very frustrating.

I still get a bubble usually very small & mostly in the top left corner of the screen i also get discolouration in the same place if i don't get a bubble.

Has anyone else got any experience with these machines & have they had the same issues.

Thank you.

Hi, you made big investment.
Can you tell what screen did you repair?

If i did correctly understand you problem must be in laminator inside machine. It doesnt make sence if every screen come out with same problem.

I still dont know what is te purpose of laminato. Some people say that i need to have laminator, othe that i dont need laminator.
Old 10-10-2014, 22:10   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1972769
Hi

I'm trying on iPhone screens 4/4S 5 & 5c/5s.

Its a Machine which is supposed to laminate & remove bubbles all in one.

if you google this.

Novel Glass Lens Touch Screen LCD Laminating Machine Repair Tool.

You might understand the machine I'm using.

Yes it was a bit of an investment but its something i'm going to have to get right.

Everything is perfect & i have tested the screen at every stage its once i use the machine i get a bit of discolouration & tiny bubbles. its starting to get very frustrating.

Thats why i'm hoping someone has had experience with these machines & can offer any advice.
Old 10-14-2014, 14:59   #7 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 2089356
Sonork: Threema: 3N5W6VV9
Thanks Meter: 520
Donate money to this user
Hi , here are some leaked photo , hope that creator dont see this hehe
LAMINATOR

put glue machine

remove blister machine

separate machine

void pump

This a complete set that some chinese tried to sell to me for 5,000$ USD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BesfortShalaTec For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2014, 15:52   #8 (permalink)

Member: 2282517
I am doing oca lamination work myself and I get discoloration on the top corners as well. Anyone have any suggestions on how to refurbish the screens without getting the orange corners? Thank
Old 11-06-2014, 18:43   #9 (permalink)

You have discoloration maybe because OCA sheat is not flat, maybe bacause when air bubles go out structure of OCA sheat screw up.
Try firs put OCA sheat on LCD then Glass on it.

Sorry guys for my bad language :P
Old 12-03-2014, 14:07   #10 (permalink)

Member: 146757
medical autoclave

Do somebody knows if I need to use taylor-made autoclave machine or some used medical autoclave do same job as well?
Old 12-17-2014, 21:52   #11 (permalink)

Member: 2153360
oca bubbles coming back

Oca needs atleast 7 pressure to remove bubbles if medical autoclave can hold this much air pressure then only job can be done thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 22:12   #12 (permalink)

Member: 2153360
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBox View Post
Hi Guys.

Thank you.
Bro first of all this machine is useless iam using it while ago the only solution is use japanese oca and use pressure between 5 and 6 better to keep pressure on 5 and put lcd in the middle inside chamber and if first attempt bubbles remains second time just use press down button to remove remaining bubbles and kindly try laminate oca paper without any bubble if remains any big bubble before puting front glass on lcd that bubble cannot be removed thanks
Old 08-29-2015, 04:39   #13 (permalink)

Member: 2451314
I am also having trouble with tiny bubbles in the upper and/or lower edge of the screen.
I will describe my process briefly.
1. Separate broken glass from LCD using hotplate and moly string. I always put packaging tape on the screen so loose glass does not come loose and damage the LCD.
2. Use a glue remove machine to remove the polarizer and glue in one step. Much quicker than cleaning the LCD. Sometimes there is not much glue left on LCD. When that happens, I clean the LCD using 99% alcohol instead of removing polarizer.
3. I apply new polarizer on LCD if needed using a laminating roller machine.
4. I take protective film off of glass and clean the glass. Some people say this is unnecessary but I have had so much trouble with bubbles, that I try not to leave anything to chance. After cleaning the glass, I use the laminating roller machine and apply the OCA to the glass.
5. I put clean LCD in alignment mould.
6. Remove the OCA protective film from glass and carefully lay it in the alignment mould on top of the LCD.
7. Tap top of glass to LCD to stick it securely together.
8. Remove LCD and glass from mould.
9. Start pushing glass onto the OCA using my fingers going from the center and moving slowly until I reach the bottom and top edges. This usually leaves very little bubbles.
10. I place the screen in autoclave for 35 minutes, at 70 celcius and .4 Mpa which is about 75 psi. I previously used 150 psi but I would get many tiny bubbles around the edges. I think that when the pressure was released, it would cause a rebound effect which would suck the bubbles back in. I then tried lowering the psi down to .4 and got much better results. Sometimes I get a perfect screen but I have had to put the screen back in the autoclave multiple times to get good results. Many times I get a beautiful screen and when I check it the next day, it has tiny bubbles around the edges. Very, very frustrating. I have been told I need a 2 in 1 machine which would eliminate me having to push the glass to the OCA. Others tell me they get consistently good results using just the autoclave.
I have also tried putting the LCD in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to cool it down after the autoclave process. I have not tried that but twice and it seemed to work but the third time I tried it, it did not work.
Is anybody getting consistently good results? If so, what are you doing differently from what I do to get consistently good results? I know there has to be an answer.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17   #14 (permalink)

Member: 972873
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLASIC View Post
7. Tap top of glass to LCD to stick it securely together.
8. Remove LCD and glass from mould.
9. Start pushing glass onto the OCA using my fingers going from the center and moving slowly until I reach the bottom and top edges. This usually leaves very little bubbles.
Try this, it sounds simple but it may fix your issue:

7. Press once in center of glass to barely join LCD and glass.
8. Remove from mold
9. Place in machine.

I was having problems with bubbles and started just lightly pressing center of glass instead of trying to work out bubbles by hand. Make sure you're applying OCA to glass and not LCD also.
Old 09-01-2015, 21:38   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 40263
Thanks Meter: 14
Hi!

Can you help?

During spotted Iphone 4 display glass .
Improve is the solution?

thx
http://www.kephost.com/image/S8kr
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazy2003 For This Useful Post: