GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM

Hardware Equipments for GSM All about Hardware Instruments and equipments like Soldering Stations, Hardware Tools, Oscilloscopes , Frequency Counters ..ext.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 05:22   #1 (permalink)

Member: 116442
Thanks Meter: 0
comm. protocols, USB<-->phone?

this is an off-topic question. i'm posting here only because i've already been to EVERY hackers forum in the world and NOONE has been able to help. please consider my plight. thank you.

does anyone know anything about the communication protocols employed by any of the popular phone interface programs like MPT or PST or truesync?
anybody know any details about the windows installation process in 98se? i mean on a low level, what exactly does windows do when its installing something. what do the parameters and directives in the INF file mean?
i need to know these things because i'm having to hack my way from the USB root hub to the phone. no, i'm not trying to hack the phone itself. i'm trying to hack the COMMUNICATION between phone and usb port, because none of the software out there works. and i MEAN IT. NONE of it, i've done absolutely everything that is humanly possible to get ANY kind of response from the phone with ANY software that exists. absolutely NONE of the drivers work. believe me i've tried them all. i just want to send a byte of data to the phone and get a byte in return.
can anyone help me with this?

thanx, mike wax
Old 02-20-2005, 06:40   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 64262
Hi, if you are trying to communicate with your t721 then firstly u will need the right cable, you need usb type A male on one side

and this on the other side

Before you connect the phone to your pc install P2K usb drivers found here (there are even a few pics to guide you through even though the site is not in english)

http://www.mc350.boom.ru/soft.html

Once the drivers have installed, either install mss or motorola pst, these are the main softwares which can change software and read your phones codes.

When windows installs phone drivers it is exactly the same as any other hardware you connect to the pc. The pc looks for hardware asks for drivers, once directed to drivers it installs. Same with installing the drivers for your phone and connecting your phone to your pc.

br

gsm2
Old 02-24-2005, 18:54   #3 (permalink)

Member: 116442
hi gsm2,

thanks for that info. i've finally made some progress here. it looks like i succeeded in installing the p2k drivers. at least now PST will run and read the phone book off the phone, but i can't edit the phone book entries because the buttons for ADD, MODIFY, INSERT, and DELETE are shadowed and i don't know why.

the directions in russian didn't apply because they are for XP. 98se doesn't have the same registry options so that didn't work.

mike