GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Redbox (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f380/)
-   -   @@@@ Flahing n22i with redbox @@@@ (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f380/flahing-n22i-redbox-213874/)

dzunlocker 06-17-2005 18:42

@@@@ Flahing n22i with redbox @@@@

Hi all

This week i flashed 02 n22i with RedboxII. The flash process was not successfull at first time. I have flashed phones many times with both flmashes from RedboxII support area. Now Phones are working. But...

The imei of the two n22i is now the same. It result that the original imeis of the two phones has changed and probably now they have the imei of the phone from where the flashes where readed and uploaded to suport area.

In RedboxII home page we read clearly "Our softs dont change imei"

Its true, there is no direct imei change function available in soft interface, but the same soft, with flash causes imei change.

I hope that in future updates, this BUG will be corrected.

One suggestionon : is to implement imei saving and restoring in flash process
1- Save imei and necessary data
2- Flash phone
3- Restoring imei and data saved

Please, read this and post your opinion !!
Best regards

hitibiti 06-17-2005 20:01

i falsh many nec , 22i worcked perfect the only tric is use win XP , under win98 you must try more than 20 times to have succefuly fluched , but undr winXp al worck fine
;)

dzunlocker 06-17-2005 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitibiti
i falsh many nec , 22i worcked perfect the only tric is use win XP , under win98 you must try more than 20 times to have succefuly fluched , but undr winXp al worck fine
;)

I used windows XP service pack 1 but i had to try many times before reviving phones.
I also constat that there are less bugs with total nec commander V2.8 than V3.0.
I missed in my first post another bug. After flash successfull phone works good, but when i try to enter "Security" menu item, phone restarts network searching.
Whats ur opinion about imei change ?
Best regards

julvir 06-18-2005 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzunlocker
I used windows XP service pack 1 but i had to try many times before reviving phones.
I also constat that there are less bugs with total nec commander V2.8 than V3.0.
I missed in my first post another bug. After flash successfull phone works good, but when i try to enter "Security" menu item, phone restarts network searching.
Whats ur opinion about imei change ?
Best regards

nothing about IMEI

BR

dzunlocker 06-18-2005 17:41

@ Mr Julivir

Take 01 nec N22i, flash it with redboxII and flash file from ur support area
then check its imei.
U ll constat that the imei has changed.
An probably the new imei will be : 351175/99/306556/9.

After, give us ur opinion about imei ... it is a little difficult than saying

"nothing about imei"

I also invite all members to do this experience.

I started this thread not for showing RedboxII bugs (all softs have bugs.....) but for inviting you to resove it in future updates.

Best regards !!!

higherzman 06-18-2005 19:51

today succesfully flashed one 22i 5 times sometimes the ringtones dont work and there is no screensaver sometimes the phones dead sometimes the phones blinking but after flashing many time the phone work ok without any problém any without imei changing

BR

dzunlocker 06-19-2005 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by higherzman
today succesfully flashed one 22i 5 times sometimes the ringtones dont work and there is no screensaver sometimes the phones dead sometimes the phones blinking but after flashing many time the phone work ok without any problém any without imei changing

BR

Did u used flash from redbox support area ?
Did you used Rewrite eeprom option ?
Best regards

higherzman 06-19-2005 13:26

yes N22i_Full_Flash the second flash file ''22i_complet'' dont work for me always phones dead with it but with the first it work fine and yes i used rewrite eeprom area option

BR

dzunlocker 06-19-2005 16:21

Thanks a lot, perhaps the fail is on the phones. Ill test on next n22i
best regards