GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > PolarBox 3

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2028513
Thanks Meter: 5
Error Unlock Xperia X8 Version not supported [SOLVED]

Hi all, I have a problem with the unlock of the Xperia E15i X8, I get a unsupported version error, but I've tried to update and PC Companion says that it is updated and no more, if anyone knows if I can work in another way that is not updated, so It should be with unofficial room, if itīs possible, I have not found solution searching the forum for this model.

Thanks.

Old 10-13-2013, 13:31   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2028513
Thanks Meter: 5
I've been solved by following a manual update to froyo I've found online , I have not upgraded to froyo 2.2 , it is only PC Companion fool into believing that the phone has not the latest firm and upgrade to the latest of Sony it is available, then put the steps I followed and I say that the information I got from another forum , and it has worked , I hope those who have the same mistake I did serve them, because I do not have octopus or setool to update.
We have the 2.1 installed , in my case I had the firmware version 2.0.1.A.0.47 and to recognize it as the polar supported version should have the
2.1.1.A.0.6 , for this and as PC Companion tells you no more updates for your phone, you must do it by modifying a file which contains the specific model of X8.
The first thing to modify the file requires rooting the Xperia X8, I have done so :

1 - Rooting xperia with UnlockRoot , I worked the first time , they can use other programs , SuperOneClick , etc ... for this:

1a- On the phone go to SETTINGS / APPLICATIONS and select ORIGIN UNKNOWN
1b - Now let CONFIGURATION / APPLICATIONS / DEVELOPMENT and select USB DEBUGGING
1c- connect the x8 to pc, NOT ON THE SD , use the option to load only phone .
1d -execute UnlockRoot , click in Root , it can ask baterysave install the app , choose NO, it is asking to reboot the phone , click in Yes .
1f - If all went well , once Restart , we set up a new application called SUPERUSER .
1g- If not, repeat the procedure from 1a.
1h - Install from the market the RootExplorer , or a program that allows us to modify system files , I use Root Browser from market, to get to the file.
There are two models X8 E15a and E15i . The only difference between them is the band that operates on 3G , so it is essential to know well that
X8 version we have, because if you flasheamos bad , we will work on 3G.
What must change are values ​​( shown on your phone 's vary in one or more digits shown below)

E15a : 1243-9502

E15i : 1242-7327

From what it is that our phone takes those values ​​in the file ( depending on model) once we have identified the model , we must modify the file " build.prop " found in the system folder ( it would be good to back the SD file before modifying it , with the same root explorer or root browser, with which we use it ) .
We will modify the build.prop , open the rootexplorer , let the system folder , click on the icon R / W ( the browser root not need that option ) to modify this file, chop and we ask that program open , and will give us some options, of which we choose " Open in text editor" for editing.
Once opened , we must modify the lines:

ro.product.name = E15i_XXXX -XXXX where XXXX -XXXX is the customization code to change.

ro.build.fingerprint = SEMC/E15i_XXXX-XXXX/sonyEricssonE15i /

ro.semc.version.cust = XXXX -XXXX

(depending on your model, it can show E15i or E15a , that MUST NOT BE MODIFIED )

Basically , replace XXXX- XXXX with the code corresponding to ours. ( Only modify these eight digits, in the three lines, depending on model)
When you finish editing, press the left button ( menu ) while we are in the editor , and select "save " in roor browser click the diskette icon in the top, if it say they are asking root permission , that if we licensed, we click " Yes " .
It is important after this step , make a backup with the phone application (it's in the icon menu ) , will serve in case we want to go back to 2.1, at some point.
Reboot the phone , hopefully starting at all, connect it to the PC, choose the first option that comes out , update , ( depending on the version of the program, may be the 2nd option , transfer files ) and from the PC Companion return to attempting to upgrade . If you did everything right , it will say that an update is available. If you follow all the steps that indicates the program , you will have our X8 with the latest firmware original 2.1.1.A.0.6 Sony Ericsson , polar necessary to unlock it , saying that not deleted any data from your phone to make updating .
During the release , polar restart the phone several times in recent processes restart, the phone asks usb connection mode , with
Polar should be " load only " , I hope it serves to help those who have had or have the same problem as me.
Needless to say that as each upgrade has its risks.

Greetings .

Closed Thread