Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|03-06-2007, 13:43||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 line CDAs.. in here...
Ok First of all, I have to say thank you to Kulankendi for his program.
Let me share with you my whole experience so that the newbies will have an idea what to expect
I paid via credit card last march 5, 3pm(i live in asia btw).
I immediately got my confirmation that they have "ACCEPTED" my payment(allpay). I waited for the next email to confirm that my transaction was "DONE". It arrived the next day 9am. Then at 5pm in the afternoon, my login and password arrived.
I wont go into detail about the CDA change since theres lots of guides around. Needless to say everything was ok. Making sure you follow the instructions, the process is less than 2mins.
Thing is, I had 2 CDA lines after which was normal. But my screen was garbled with random text and symbols. I freaked out but went on to update via seus hoping to fix it(i did reset before updating).
After my update, I thought everything would be ok, but i still had the garbled text and still had 2 CDAs. When i flashed again, it still didnt detect that i had the latest firmware so i updated again(generic world1).
By the fourth time i reflashed it still wasnt fixed, i still had garbled text and 2 CDAs.
This is what I observed... in flash attempt 1, it updated up to 100% and suddenly dropped to 0% then finished.
attempt 2 flashed to 100% but exited immediately.
attempt 3 flashed to 99% but the server dropped
attempt 4 flashed to 100% and dropped to 0% then finished.
In my frustration, i decided to do it one more time. This time, it flashed to 100% and stayed there for a few seconds then exited.. when i rebooted my phone, everything was ok!
From my experience, all i can say is that MAYBE seus has issues during the last part of firmware flash. I think the process is first, it downloads the update to your hard drive, then it updates it.. at the last part, i think it contacts the server to finalize the update.. I think the last part seems unstable imho.
In closing, i know its different for everyone. I just shared my experience hoping to 1. my way of saying thank you to kulankendi 2. give the newbies some heads up 3. give hope to those ppl with glitches after the change/update..
Thank you for your time...
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|flashing 2 Sim Card ( 2 lines ) in one Sim||kmk4||Sim Cloning and Scaning||5||12-03-2003 20:20|