GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > KULANKENDI Server

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 15:28   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 384655
Thanks Meter: 517
!!! How works EROM CID Update for FREE !!!

I'll explain more precise WHEN and ONLY WHEN EROM CID Update is for FREE.
I named it "EROM CID Update for FREE" but most of users will see that it can be understood as: "Update EROM CID for 1 credit and
Flash with Finalization for FREE". Final results is that user is charged only 1 credit(we are charged 2).
Because of security reason FREE EROM CID Update must be done like below.

################################################## #

There is two ways to update EROM CID with KKClient:
1. Auto update
2. Separate update
Ad1. Auto update of EROM CID is FREE ONLY when user will FLASH phone with FINALIZATION option selected.
Ad2. Separate EROM CID Update will take 1 credit and can be user separately or together with Finalization.I decided to disable
Separate EROM CID Update option to not make users confused(in new client update).

Okay, so when EROM CID Update will be as FREE?
Let say I'm KK User I have nice K800 phone and I'm happy with it but I want to have always latest firmware version.
Latest firmware version are with higher numbers and letters and CID, so for K800 for now is CID51 and R1GB001.
Assume that I don't know my phone EROM CID version.
1. I Click download button and I downloading K800 CID51 R1GB001 MAIN and FS.
2. Loading MAIN and FS R1GB001 CID51 to KKClient.
3. I'm selecting FINALIZATION option(and any additional like reset call time).
4. Click at FLASH button and now can be 2 possibilities depend of EROM CID in phone:
(1). my phone have EROM CID 51:
In this case flashing procedure will start as usual,nothing need to explain.
(2). my phone have EROM CID49:
In this case new QUESTION window will pop up with question if I want to update my EROM CID to latest one?
- I choise "NO". EROM CID will not be updated and Error message will be shown and flashing will be terminated,because phone CID=49
and selected flashes CID=51, so it can't be flashed.
- I choise "YES". Updating EROM CID procedure will start and KKClient will show soon "EROM CID Updated successfully,rebooting
phone..." now please DO NOT BREAK OR DISCONNECT phone! KKClient will SELF REBOOT phone and start flashing procedure and
Finalization.When flashing and Finalization finish phone can be disconnected and powered on.
!! Only with this way EROM CID Update is for FREE !!
Phone model and firmware are as example.

What will be if...:
1. Let say I do steps 1,2,3,4 and after EROM CID Update I got error "Error: No response.Remove battery and put back.".
It can happen when self reboot fail. At this point Auto EROM CID was updated and 1 credit was taken from user account(it must work
this way). Don't worry server "remember" that user do Auto EROM CID Update, so REMOVE Battery,cable from phone,put battery back
and REPEAT flashing operation. Now client will not ask for EROM CID update coz is already updated and will start flashing and
finalization process as usual. When Finalization will start then at this point server WILL NOT take credit from user!!.If flashing
will fail anyhow(battery low, power failure) then repeat flashing procedure(server still "remember" that Auto EROM CID was done
before) and credit will not be taken.
2. I have only 1 credit on my account and I want to Update EROM CID For free and Flash phone with Finalization?
Normally when user have 1 credit on aco**** and he use it then account is automaticly disabled. In case when KKClient will detect
older EROM CID and user agree to update it then at this step server will take 1 credit and user will have 0 credits but account
will not be disabled(let's name it half-disabled), until user will flash the SAME phone with Finalization or do other operation
what are take credit.If another phone will be flashed on "half-disabled" account then account will be disabled and user will lose
possibility to flash previous phone for free.

!!!REMEMBER!!!:
- User can repeat flashing how many times he want after Auto EROM CID Update(if it fail) until Flashing and Finalization will
SUCCESS.
- Server will "remember" only for 1 day that user do Auto EROM CID Update for every phone.After 1 day information(s) at server
side is(are) deleted.
- Auto EROM CID Update and Flashing with Finalization for 1 Credit works only for SAME the phone and used with SAME account only
!!! So don't try to do Auto Update EROM CID for one phone, break flashing and trying flash with Finalization another phone, it
will NOT WORK and user will be charged as usually.
- "half-disabled" account will work until user will flash the SAME phone with finalization or try to do ANY operation with ANOTHER
phone(account will be disabled)

If somone still have some problems then please ask before, don't do operation what are U not sure.
I hope that now is clear.

b.r.