GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Panasonic

Panasonic Panasonic-News...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 43098
Thanks Meter: 71
GD87 cable for a GU87 phone?

I called up a local cellphone shop and they said they only had a data cable for a GD87 phone, not a GU87. Then she told me that this cable simply will not work with a GU87 phone. My question is this:

Since the hardware of both the GD87 and GU87 phone are identical, will this cable work for either phone? Also since I would be using it to flash firmware would that screw up the phone since its not for the GU87 and only for the GD87.

Thanks in advance!

-Walter
[email protected]
Old 11-03-2003, 01:18   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 43098
Thanks Meter: 71
Well I got a GD87 cable now, and trying to use it with my GU87 phone and Panasonics "Edit Tool Software" and it is not working.

I have set it to the right com port in the software
I have changed the actual settings on that com port to 115200 instead of 9600
I have made sure that everything is connected right
And I have not got it to work. I get the following error when the program starts:

"Please check the data cable is connected to the handset and handset is on idle screen"

Please Help Here, I thought since they were the same on the inside that both cables would work for both phones.... Thanks In Advance for reply.

-Walter
[email protected]
Old 11-03-2003, 07:30   #3 (permalink)

Member: 43021
Thanks Meter: 0
same deal

I have the same problem i work for a cell phone place and we got gd87 cables i brought one home and bought a log and i can log my phone with cable it says connection timeout was wondering if there is a software i can get to get cables to work please help
Old 11-03-2003, 07:31   #4 (permalink)

Member: 43021
Thanks Meter: 0
sorry can't log my phone