GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Panasonic

Panasonic Panasonic-News...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2004, 21:45   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 55041
Thanks Meter: 0
GD87 with a USB datacable, any possibilities?

Before I start, I wish to notify any/every-body that I am not all too cunning when it comes to the unlocking of cellphones. So I might be using terms wrongly and similar mistakes. So please bare with me, and try not to judge me all too harshly.

Hello any/every-one, I advised my friend to buy a datacable (usb) for his GD87, since usb>com ports(in many aspects), and he isn't particularly into computers, so he asked me to ask around. Hence, here I am seeking information from the some of the knowledgable people on the net.

The specific problem is this; he bought a used GD87 from somone. And this phone had a sim lock for Vodafone(so only sim cards from Vodafone are possible for use). Secondly there seems to be yet another lock on the phone, because when he starts it up and enters his pin, it loads for a few seconds, but before it shows the reception of the Vodafone network, it just says "Security Error". Then it goes out to the startup menu which appears when there is no sim card in the phone. And the only call you can make is the Emergency Phone Call.

So my question(s) is/are: 1: Is it possible to unlock these locks on the phone with the aid of a usb-datacable? Or must it be a com-datacable? Will it in that case need other software or will the same software function properly with the usb-cable?
2: Another question I have is, the Panasonic Logger which is used to make a log file of the system specifications of the phone and later sent to a company that returns an email with a unlock code for that specific log. They must use a specific software for doing this. Is this software known yet? (name, size, etc.) Or is it being managed to be kept a secret?

Thanks for your time/knowledge/advice, to whom ever it may be.
Old 02-21-2004, 22:26   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 55041
I just read 50-pounds post about the GD87 downgrade/unlock. So that answers most of my questions, the last one I guess, would be is it possible to do this with a usb datacable for the GD87?

Ohh, and I would still like to know about this remote unlocking software used in combination with a GD87 log file, if anyone knows.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:18   #3 (permalink)
ozy
Freak Poster

Member: 15355
Thanks Meter: 4
security error normaly means imei is blacklisted so you will need to change imei to repair fone
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21   #4 (permalink)
ozy
Freak Poster

Member: 15355
Thanks Meter: 4
ps remote unlocking cost money use crack2d and free solution but i think you need to make imei log and change imei which will unlock fone at same time
Old 02-22-2004, 12:46   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 48042
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncryptd
I just read 50-pounds post about the GD87 downgrade/unlock. So that answers most of my questions, the last one I guess, would be is it possible to do this with a usb datacable for the GD87?

Ohh, and I would still like to know about this remote unlocking software used in combination with a GD87 log file, if anyone knows.

as ozy said also if from uk get a nice unlocking cable for £9.99 from here

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk

cant be unlocked with usb well i tryed and it never worked have both cables now
Usb for putting ringtones on wallpapers downloading your images to pc etc..

hope this helps my friend
50!
Old 02-22-2004, 20:39   #6 (permalink)

Member: 55155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy
security error normaly means imei is blacklisted so you will need to change imei to repair fone
Not in the case of GD87's, for some unknown reason with these phones the security failure message will display for using a cancelled sim.

Back to the cable though, I was wondering whether the one 50-pounds is recommending from mobilefun can be used to flash aswell as unlock?

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick but I want to remove the network lock from my phone and upgrade the firmware at the same time.
Old 02-22-2004, 20:45   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@ monkeymagic the mobilefun.co.uk unlock cable will also flash your phone to upgrad the firmware and also downgrade it it will also get you a NCK code when you enter this code type 746 menu menu

have fun 50!
Old 02-22-2004, 21:26   #8 (permalink)

Member: 55155
Cheers for that 50. Right i'm off to order one, i'll probably screw my phone up but who cares?
Old 02-22-2004, 21:28   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
Cheers for that 50. Right i'm off to order one, i'll probably screw my phone up but who cares?
if any trouble contact me