GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Panasonic

Panasonic Panasonic-News...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2003, 15:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 16558
Thanks Meter: 0
Removing operator logo from GD-87

As header, how do i achieve this ? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2003, 21:18   #2 (permalink)

Member: 25456
I would also like to know this.
Old 04-19-2003, 13:43   #3 (permalink)

Member: 26826
I like to know this too...
Old 07-31-2003, 14:01   #4 (permalink)

Member: 36083
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HEX EDIT THE FLASH FILE (BEFORE FLASHING, DAH!!), LOOKING FOR THE OPERATOR LOGO AND EITHER WRITING SOMETHING ELSE ON TOP OR OVERWRITE IT BY SPACES. BE WARNED, WHAT YOU OVERWRITE !!MUST!! BE ONLY ON TOP OF THE OPERATOR LOGO AND OF EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE OR ELSE... BYE BYE. FOR EXAMPLE IN MY CASE I HAD TO LOOK FOR Vodafone GR WHICH IS 12 CHARACTERS LONG WHICH MEANS THAT YOU GET TO OVERWRITE WITH 12 CHARACTERS OR LESS PLUS SPASES. I HOPE IT WAS CLEAR ENOUGH. AFTER THAT YOU FLASH AS STATED ELSWARE IN THIS FORUM. BYE M8S.....
Old 07-31-2003, 17:42   #5 (permalink)

Member: 25456
People, please do not do this. It is not true and it is likley to ruin your phone. The operator logo is on the sim and not the phone!
Old 07-31-2003, 20:43   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7911
Thanks Meter: 7
It is true, and will not ruin your phone - the Panasonics don't use firmware checksums, so you are free to edit any part of the firmware as much as you like. And yes, there is a SAT function that replaces the operator text with a specifed string, but the GD87 doesn't support it (although the GD67 does) - this is why a Virgin SIM comes up as being "T-Mobile UK" on the 87.

Obviously, the normal caveats about flashing modified firmware apply - it's a good idea to start by reflashing the phone (MAIN+BOOT) with the original firmware and then flash MAIN only with the modified version, in case you edited something you shouldn't have. And always make sure you keep a copy of the original, unmodified file.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:21   #7 (permalink)

Member: 34827
from what i heard.. you can turn ATT animation off by using
CB2000
there is a section where you can turn it off and turn on show animation 2 instead 1 (ATT logo)
Old 08-01-2003, 07:08   #8 (permalink)

dear gd87 you sound very sure although you shouldn't be. this is an extract i got from my flash file (a39 nosound) :

A1.one.Tele.ring.T-Mobile A.AMC - AL.vodafone AL.Blue Sky.APUA-PCS.STA-MOBILAND.AR TP.UNIFON.RA-ARMGSM.One.Tel.Yes Optus.TELSTRA.vodafone AU.AZERCELL GSM.BASE.B mobistar.BEL PROXIMUS.M-TEL GSM BG.MOBILE PLUS.BA-ERONET.PTT-GSMBIH.ENTEL PCS.VIVA.TIM.TIM.TIM.Oi.Bouygtel-C.CAM CELLNET.Microcell.ROGERS.Orange.sunrise.SWISS GSM.Entel PCS.Entel PCS.China Mobile.CHINA UNICOM.I.C.E.CY CYTAGSM.EUROTEL-CZ.OSKAR.T-Mobile CZ.E-Plus.o2-de.T-D1.Vodafone D2.mobilix.DK SONOFON.DK TDK-MOBIL.Telia DK.ORANGE.AMENA.MOVISTAR.MOVISTAR.vodafone ES.EE EMT GSM.EE RLE.ECMS-MobiNil.vodafone EG.PERSONAL.ETH-MTN.BOUYGTEL.Orange F.F SFR.Orange.SFR REUNION.F-VINI.FINNET.RADIOLINJA.SONERA.Telia.vodafone FJ.GIBTEL GSM.Cosmote.GR TELESTET.vodafone GR.PANNON GSM.vodafone HU.WESTEL.CSL.NEW WORLD.Orange.P Plus.PEOPLES.P-Link.SmarTone.SUNDAY.HR-CRONET.HR VIP.I BLU.I TIM.I WIND.vodafone IT.BPL MOBILE.BPL MOBILE.Celforce.ESCOTEL.ESCOTEL.ESCOTEL.HUTCH.INA 14.INA 43.INA 44.INA 45.INA 46.INA AIRTEL.INA JTM.INA OASIS.INA TATA.MAXTOUCH.MOBILNET.RPG/RPG MAA.SKYCELL.IND-EXCELCOM.SATELINDOCEL.TELKOMSEL.O2 - IRL.vodafone IE.IS SIMINN.Orange.Digicel.Fastlink.K-MOBILE.ALJAWWAL.EAE.KT MTCNet.L LUXGSM.TANGO.RL Cellis.RL LibanCell.FL1.VCL COMMS.LT BITE GSM.OMNITEL LT.LV BALTEL.LV LMT GSM.HT Macau.MAC-CTMGSM.SmarTone.TELCEL PCS.MKD-MOBIMAK.MOR ONPT GSM.CELLPLUS-MRU.vodafone MT.MW CP 900.MY a.d.a.m.MY celcom.MY DiGi.MY maxis.MY TMTOUCH.N NetCom GSM.TELENOR.NAM MTC.Ben NL.KPN TELECOM.O2 - NL.Orange NL.vodafone NL.Nepal Mobile.vodafone NZ.OMAN MOBILE.P OPTIMUS.P TMN.vodafone P.VOX.C&W Panama.TIM.PH GLOBE.ISLACOM.SMART.PH51505.PL-ERA GSM.IDEA.PL PLUS.QAT-QATARNET.CONNEX GSM.Cosmorom.DIALOG.BeeLine.MTS-RUS.NWGSM.S COMVIQ.TELIA S.vodafone SE.SDN MobiTel.SEYCEL.M1-GSM-SGP.StarHub.SingTel-G9.SingTel-G18.Orange SK.SK EUROTEL.SRI DIALOG.SI GSM.SI.MOBIL.MOBILE SYR.TH AIS GSM.DPC 1800.DTAC.Orange.ACT-1900.ARIA.AYCELL.TR TELSIM.TR TURKCELL.Chunghwa.FarEasTone.KGT Online.KGT Online.TW MoBiTai.TransAsia.TWN GSM.Tritel-TZ.ETISALAT-G2.GUERNSEY TEL.JER1.MANX.O2 - UK.ORANGE.T-Mobile UK.vodafone UK.GT-BCS.UA KYIVSTAR.UA UMC.UA WELLCOM.AirLink.AmeriLink.AT&T.AT&T.Carolina.Cingu lar.Cingular.Cingular.Cingular.Conestoga.Einstein. EpicTouch.IWS.NPI.PCS One.Pinpoint.PTSI.Telemetrix.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTRE AM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM .VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.V OICESTREAM.W 2000 PCS.WestLink.Sprocket.DIGITEL.Infonet.Blue Sky.VINAPHONE.VN-MOBIFONE.MTN-SA.VodaCom-SA...A1.one.Tele.ring.T-Mobile A.AMC.vodafone AL.Blue Sky.APUA-PCS.STA-MOBILAND.PERSONAL.UNIFON.ARMGSM.One.Tel.Optus.TELS TRA.vodafone AU.AZERCELL GSM.BASE.mobistar.PROXIMUS.M-TEL GSM BG.MOBILE PLUS.BA-ERONET.PTT-GSMBIH.ENTEL PCS.NUEVATEL.TIM.TIM.TIM.Oi.Bouygtel-C.CAM CELLNET.Microcell.ROGERS.Orange.sunrise.SWISS GSM.Entel PCS.Entel PCS.China Mobile.CHINA UNICOM.I.C.E.CYTAGSM.EUROTEL.OSKAR.T-Mobile CZ.E-Plus.o2-de.T-D1.Vodafone D2.mobilix.SONOFON.TDK-MOBIL.Telia DK.ORANGE.AMENA.MOVISTAR.MOVISTAR.vodafone ES.EMT GSM.RLE.ECMS-MobiNil.vodafone EG.ESV PERSONAL.MTN.BOUYGTEL.Orange.SFR.Orange.SFR REUNION.VINI.FINNET.RADIOLINJA.SONERA.Telia.vodafo ne FJ.GIBTEL GSM.Cosmote.TELESTET.vodafone GR.PANNON GSM.vodafone HU.WESTEL.CSL.NEW WORLD.Orange.P Plus.PEOPLES.P-Link.SmarTone.SUNDAY.CRONET.HR VIP.I BLU.I TIM.I WIND.vodafone IT.BPL MOBILE.BPL MOBILE.Celforce.ESCOTEL.ESCOTEL.ESCOTEL.HUTCH.INA 14.INA 43.INA 44.INA 45.INA 46.INA AIRTEL.INA JTM.INA OASIS.INA TATA.MAXTOUCH.MOBILNET.RPG/RPG MAA.SKYCELL.EXCELCOM.SATELINDOCEL.TELKOMSEL.O2 - IRL.vodafone IE.SIMINN.Orange.Digicel.Fastlink.K-MOBILE.ALJAWWAL.EAE.MTCNet.LUXGSM.TANGO.Cellis.Lib anCell.FL1.VCL COMMS.BITE GSM.OMNITEL.BALTEL.LMT GSM.HT Macau.MAC-CTMGSM.SmarTone.TELCEL PCS.MOBIMAK.ONPT GSM.CELLPLUS.vodafone MT.CP 900.a.d.a.m.celcom.DiGi.maxis.TMTOUCH.NetCom GSM.TELENOR.MTC.Ben NL.KPN TELECOM.O2 - NL.Orange.vodafone NL.Nepal Mobile.vodafone NZ.OMAN MOBILE.OPTIMUS.TMN.vodafone P.HOLA PARAGUAY.C&W Panama.TIM PERU.Globe Telecom.ISLACOM.SMART.PH51505.ERA GSM.IDEA.PLUS.QATARNET.CONNEX GSM.Cosmorom S.A..DIALOG.BeeLine.MTS.North-West GSM.COMVIQ.TELIA S.vodafone SE.MobiTel.CELLULAR SERVIC.M1-GSM.StarHub.SingTel-G9.SingTel-G18.Orange SK.SK EUROTEL.DIALOG.SI GSM.SI.MOBIL.MOBILE SYR.AIS GSM.DPC 1800.DTAC.Orange.TH ACT 1900.ARIA.AYCELL.TELSIM.TR TURKCELL.Chunghwa.FarEasTone.KGT Online.KGT Online.MoBiTai.TransAsia.TWN GSM.Tritel.ETISALAT.GUERNSEY TEL.****** Telecoms.MANX PRONTO GSM.O2 - UK.ORANGE.T-Mobile UK.vodafone UK.GOLDEN TELECOM.KYIVSTAR.UMC.WELLCOM.AirLink PCS.AmeriLink PCS.AT&T Wireless.AT&T Wireless.Carolina Phone.Cingular.Cingular.Cingular.Cingular.Conestog a.Einstein PCS.Epic Touch.IWS.NPI Wireless.PCS One.Pinpoint.PTSI.Telemetrix.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTRE AM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM .VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.VOICESTREAM.V OICESTREAM.W 2000 PCS.WestLink Comm.Sprocket.DIGITEL.Infonet.Blue Sky.VINAPHONE.VN-MOBIFONE.MTN.VodaCom..F.A1.one.TeleRing.T-Mobile.AMC - AL.voda AL.Blue Sky.APUA PCS.M-AND.Personal.UNIFON.ARMGSM.One.Tel.Optus.TELSTRA.v oda AU.ACELL.BASE.mobistar.PROXIMUS.M-TEL.M.PLUS.ERONET.BHGSM.ENTEL.NUEVATEL.TIM.TIM.TIM .Oi.Bouygtel.CAMNET.MCELL.Rogers.Orange.sunrise.SW ISS.EntelPCS.EntelPCS.DGT MPT.CU-GSM.ICE.CYTAGSM.EUROTEL.OSKAR.T-Mobile.E-Plus.O2 - DE.D1.Voda D2.mobilix.SONOFON.TD MOB.Telia DK.ORANGE.AMENA.MOVISTAR.MOVISTAR.voda ES.EMT GSM.RLE.MobiNiL.voda EG.PERSONAL.MTN.Bouygues.Orange.SFR.Orange.SFR RU.VINI.FINNET.RL.SONERA.Telia.voda FJ.GIBTEL.Cosmote.TELESTET.voda GR.PANNON.voda HU.W-900.TELECOM.NWT.HTCL.P Plus.PEOPLES.P-Link.SMC.SUNDAY.CRONET.HR VIP.Blu.I TIM.WIND.voda IT.BPL MOBI.BPL MOBI.Celforce.ESCOTL.ESCOTL.ESCOTL.HUTCH.INA 14.BPL MOBI.INA 44.INA 45.BPL MOBI.AIRTL.JTM.OASIS.TATA.MaxTouch.MOBILNET.RPG.SK YCELL.EXCELCOM.SAT-C.T-SEL.O2 - IRL.voda IE.SIMINN.Orange.Digicel.Fastlink.K MOBILE.ALJAWWAL.EAE.MTCNet.LUXGSM.TANGO.Cellis.Lib CL.FL1.VCLCOM.BITE GSM.OMNITEL.BALTEL.LMT GSM.HT Macau.CTMGSM.SmarTone.Telcel.MOBI-M.ONPT GSM.CELLPLUS.voda MT.CP 900.ADAM 017.CELCOM.MT18.maxis.EMARTEL.N COM.TELENO.MTC.Ben NL.NL KPN.O2 - NL.Dutchton.voda NL.NPL Mob..voda NZ.OMAN.OPTIMUS.TMN.voda P.HOLA.CWPanama.TIM Peru.GLOBE.ISLACOM.SMART.DIGITEL.ERA GSM.IDEA.PLUS.QATARNET.CONNEX.Cosmorom.DIALOG.BeeL ine.MTS.NWGSM.COMVIQ.TELIA S.voda SE.MobiTel.SEYCEL.M1-GSM.StarHub.ST-GSM.STPCN.ORANGE.EUROTEL.DALOG.SI-GSM.SI.MOBIL.MOBILE.AIS GSM.DPC 1800.WP-1800.Orange.ACT.ARIA.AYCELL.TELSIM.TCELL.Chunghwa. FET.KGT.TUNTEX.MOBITAI.TA-GSM.TWN GSM.Tritel.ETISALAT.GSY-TEL.JT GSM.MANX.O2 - UK.ORANGE.T-Mobile.voda UK.GT-BCS.KYIVSTAR.UMC.WELLCOM.AirLink.Quantum.AWS.AWS.C arolina.Cingular.Cingular.Cingular.Cingular.Conest .Einstein.EpicT.IWS.NPI.PCSOne.Pinpoint.PTSI.Tmetr ix.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM .VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.VSTREAM.W2000PCS. WestLink.Sprocket.DIGITEL.Infonet.Blue.Vinafone.MO BIF.MTN.VodaCom

reminds you of something? operator logos are not sim related that is why in nokias you can change them with whatever graphic you like. this list starts at offset 0067fc3d in my hex file and i have two instances of my operator logo in it. in case you are wondering no, i haven't yet hexed it. i am waiting for the a53 flash file to become avaliable to tweak everything. when i get my hands on a53 you will get a foto with the operator logo changed. and by the way this is the same way to change that discusting Vodafone live! you get for the browser only you must hex the language file and not the bios. and keep in mind that you get as many istances of the vodafone live! **** as languages the language pack has. you have to overwrite the language you are going to use or all of them. i saw in another forum a very beautiful Veronica love! instead of Vodafone live! cheers to whoever did it. i dont remember his handle. sorry m8.!!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:55   #9 (permalink)
Sun
No Life Poster

Member: 17084
Thanks Meter: 14
Quote:
Originally posted by panpan
from what i heard.. you can turn ATT animation off by using
CB2000
there is a section where you can turn it off and turn on show animation 2 instead 1 (ATT logo)
operator logo but is not animation in on off phone
Old 08-01-2003, 07:58   #10 (permalink)
Sun
No Life Poster

Member: 17084
Thanks Meter: 14
@dpurple77

u r right
Old 08-02-2003, 04:11   #11 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 29308
Hi dpurple77, i've been change my Vodafone live! to something else few times, but i don't know how to change the operator logo in hexedit, can you share it with me please. Thank you.

If your pc can read chinese, you can check from this link below or may be you can see the picture I post up on this link.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=10&t=2617&p=4
Old 08-04-2003, 06:59   #12 (permalink)

good morning. sorry, away for weekend. my pc can read chinese. o can't. ;-) anyway what you do is start a hexeditor, hex workshop will do just fine, search for string "your operator" with case sensitive checked and without the quotes of course. like i said in my case vodafone GR. that gives you 11 characters to write over. so when you find the instance, propably twice, you overwrite your operator with whatever you want and save the file. oh, the file must be the bios file right? after you are done you flash your phone with your tweaked file and instead of the operator logo you get yours. be careful, what you do to your phone is you business but you can easily corrupt your bios file by ovewriting something you are not supposed to and then, it's bye bye. be very certain that you know what you are doing before you hack or pay the consequenses. please don't blame me for something you did to your phone. happy hacking.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:49   #13 (permalink)

well guys, newsflash. i was wrong. the gd87 doesn't work like the nokias. the list of the operators i got from the flash file is not for displaying it is for using with the function networks under general settings where there are stored all the networks so someone can perform a manual search. so now my phone has got changed for the manual searching of the networks where it doesn't display vodafone anymore but i still got the vodafone logo on my display. again be warned for attention when you play around with stuff like that because the first time i overwriten it i used the replace function of my hex editor which propably changed something more than i wanted and the first time i flashed got a "flashed failed crc check failed." so do everything by hand and count twice.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:27   #14 (permalink)

Member: 20579
well it sure works fine for me...
check this thread as i cant attach images here..
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=179894
Old 08-06-2003, 02:53   #15 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 29308
Hi tha_noname, are you using the hex edit software to do it?

Can you put more detail on here then i can try to do it as well.

Many thanks.,