Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GSMserver Team
Thanks Meter: 44,375
Android based phones flashing manual
The first thing to note for users under Windows Vista / Windows 7 with the UAC turned on is the fact that you need to start the Scout with administrator credentials to connect an Android phone. You may achieve this by right-clicking the Scout shortcut at the desktop and selecting “Run as administrator…” How to flash Motorola Android based handsets
Here are some useful tips and tricks. This topic will be updated constantly.
- Latest version of Scout flasher is here. Beginning from version 1.30 (from 22.04.2010) Scout supports flashing of Android based handsets
- How to flash Android based handsets - flashing instruction is here
- Video tutorial for Android-based phone phone models are placed here
- Flash files for Android-based phones are located here. After login, go to PCF section. Folders with Android flash files are marked with Android_ prefix.
- Checking firmware version of the phone. You can check phone's firmware version at Scout tab. After detecting your Android based phone Scout reads such info:
Phone model A853 - this is the index of your phone's model number
Phone model A853 |
Flex version USASHLSMR2TLSB1B2B506D.0R (locked)
IMEI 358111111111111 - this is your phone's imei number
Firmware SHOLS_U2_03.11.03GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.56I - this is firmware version of your phone. SHOLS_U2_03.11.03 - build number and GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.56I - baseband version
Flex version USASHLSMR2TLSB1B2B506D.0R (locked) This is flex version of your Android based phone. In this case Scout shows that your phone is subsidy locked
Bootloader 90.74 This is the boot version of your phone
* Also you can check phone's firmware version in phone's menu: settings - about phone - build number
* Alternatively, original phone's firmware version can be found on the sticker under the battery
Always use the same or higher firmware version for flashing.
What we don't recommend:
- Downgrade phone's firmware version
- Flash handsets with flash files from other models.
- Flash handsets with flash files taken from anywhere else, except from Boot-Loader v2.0
- Alternative way to update phone's firmware: also you can update phone's firmware via wi-fi (OTA update)
- In order to choose corect version for your phone you must check it's firmware version and choose suitable flash file for it. In some cases one phone model has versions for different regions, for example BACKFLIP has Latin American, US, European and Chinese versions.
It's recommended to use flash file version exactly for region, that the handset is produced for. Otherwise, in some cases, phone can loose 3g. Also the handset may not power on properly or stay non-functional.
- Phone's hard reset. Using this function you can erase all user data in the phone. This function is useful when you want to sell your phone. After using it phone becomes "clean" as it was produced from the factory.
In regular case you can perform hard reset from phone's menu: Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset.
- Difference between "service" and regular flash files. "Service" flash files are marked with suffix "_service" and they don't wipe user's data.
- Branded flash files are marked with name of operator in the end of the file name. Usually T-Mobile, Vodafone, Movistar etc flash files are locked. Flashing with unlocked flash file don't remove operator's lock in the phone.
- Rooted phones. You can use root access to gain much complete control over your phone. You will be able to delete some applications, use phone's hidden possibilities, make phone's backup, edit phone's system files etc. But if you want to unroot the phone, just flash it with the same or higher version of flash file.
- Unlocking phone via unlock code: Power ON your phone with different SIM Card then the phone is locked to, then type *#32# and then Press OK and enter UNLOCK CODE.
- Setting preferred network: *#*#4636#*#* then phone info, then - set preferred network type
- How to install application to the phone. Transfer application to the phone, find it there using file manager and press "install". Also applications can be installed using ADB.
- How to login with Motoblur. Some Android based phones have Motoblur application that required internet connection before user can enter phone's menu.
After flashing phone will ask motoblur login and password. Motoblur account can be created in the phone via Wi-Fi or using regular computer with internet here: Motorola phones and accessories - Motorola USA
- Ukrainian and Russian keyboards are attached. Install this application and in Menu - Settings - Language&Keyboard choose 'Russian/Ukrainian keyboard'. Switch between English and Russian keyboard using virtual keyboard or by pressing shift+space.
- Model numbers with indexes:
Ukrainian keyboard Russian keyboard Best Regards
- A555 DEVOUR
- A853 MILESTONE/MOTOQRTY
- A854 MILESTONE/MOTOROI
- A855 DROID
- A953 MILESTONE2
- A955 DROID2
- A956 DROID2 GLOBAL
- MB200 CLIQ/DEXT
- MB300 BACKFLIP
- MB501 CLIQ XT/QUENCH
- MB502 CHARM
- MB508 FLIPSIDE
- MB511 FLIPOUT
- MB520 BRAVO
- MB525 DEFY
- MB611 CLIQ2
- MB810 DROID X
- ME600 BACKFLIP
- ME501 QUENCH
- ME511 RUTH
- ME811 DROID X
- MT710 MOTO
- MT716 MOTO
- MT720 MOTO
- MT810 MING
- MZ606 XOOM
- XT300 SPICE
- XT301 MOTO
- XT502 QUENCH
- XT701 MILESTONE
- XT702 MILESTONE
- XT720 MILESTONE/MOTOROI
- XT711 MILESTONE
- XT800 MOTOGLAM
- XT806 QILIN
Last edited by GSM_Support; 08-31-2012 at 07:56.