GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   BB5 Box by D.K. (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f436/)
-   -   About problems with JAF and phones (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f436/about-problems-jaf-phones-630802/)

Dejan Kaljevic 11-15-2008 22:10

About problems with JAF and phones

Because of strange design of JAF, there is a lots of problems with entering
phones to TEST or LOCAL mode.

Some problem can be with JAF cables. On some cables there is resistor on
BSI with 5K (TEST mode) or 7,5K(LOCAL mode).
So, you have to check those values using multimeter. For LOCAL mode
USE 8-8,2 K instead of 7,5k

Also for N95, N95 8g there is NOT enough POWER from USB, be sure that
USB port from your PC have HIGH current and stabile 5v. Also replace
resistor of 2ohm iside of JAF flasher with resistor of 1 ohm or less!

Also, there is strange thing with n95 8g. While other models come into
LOCAL or TEST mode very fast 1-2 sec, on N95 8g proces is something
like this: It turn display ON 1sec,turn display OFF 1sec, again turn display
ON few sec and then shows "LOCAL MODE, etc".
BUT, if you don't have stabile power on USB it will again turn OFF!!!
and proces is repeted.

So DO NOT start to unlock any phone BEFORE you have stabile message on
phone that is phone in LOCAL or TEST mode!!!

Same problem can occure after exiting phone from flash mode to enter again
LOCAL or TEST mode to write password that card was calculated. But
since pass is stored on PC,reconnect JAF, reconnect phone, restart unlocker and wait for stabile LOCAL or TEST mode on phone and click again on UNLOCK button.

grPici 11-15-2008 22:22

I was waited for this exact explanation for ages. :)
Thx

Raskal 11-15-2008 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejan Kaljevic (Post 3853419)
Because of strange design of JAF, there is a lots of problems with entering
phones to TEST or LOCAL mode.

Some problem can be with JAF cables. On some cables there is resistor on
BSI with 5K (TEST mode) or 7,5K(LOCAL mode).
So, you have to check those values using multimeter. For LOCAL mode
USE 8-8,2 K instead of 7,5k

problem with cables come from customers which don't need cheap, they need cheaper cables, in this way they are forcing cable manufactureres in china produce big qtty of cable faster and from more bad quality.

i suggested to users allrady to use the JAF UNIVERSAL FBUS CABLE this cable have all resistors ouside placed, the pins are easy to replace and it works for 99% of the phones.

Same problem with JAF interface. Since JAF mcu was extracted from Narry and Davor before 3 years, since that time all china is producing jaf hard ware. Most of our reseller order ONLY PKEY-V with smartcard, all others they are doing by themselfs. Also the jaf platform itself, it was design before 3 years, i think it will be good time to change the interface now.

The fact is, jaf is working stable if the box is made according to the schematic and if the cables are okay.

B.R.,
Raskal

boucettay 11-15-2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raskal (Post 3853461)
problem with cables come from customers which don't need cheap, they need cheaper cables, in this way they are forcing cable manufactureres in china produce big qtty of cable faster and from more bad quality.

i suggested to users allrady to use the JAF UNIVERSAL FBUS CABLE this cable have all resistors ouside placed, the pins are easy to replace and it works for 99% of the phones.

Same problem with JAF interface. Since JAF mcu was extracted from Narry and Davor before 3 years, since that time all china is producing jaf hard ware. Most of our reseller order ONLY PKEY-V with smartcard, all others they are doing by themselfs. Also the jaf platform itself, it was design before 3 years, i think it will be good time to change the interface now.

The fact is, jaf is working stable if the box is made according to the schematic and if the cables are okay.

B.R.,
Raskal

I think such explications should be given to endusers in stikey, as when we order any tool we should consult with reseller details.
(becoz of your post i'll purchase JAF UNIVERSAL FBUS CABLE AS I'VE PB WITH MY CABLES and i didn t know if universal fbus is good or the same thing...but now i know)
for example My p-key is thomas and I bought a pkey no more, and reseller never tell if there s diferences, and finally have to pay 59e for update and others 49e,...so to see clear, think stikey will info about diferences will be good

PS: even my pkey is thomas...I got chance...Thanks for somebody from your team.

WBR,

Raskal 11-15-2008 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucettay (Post 3853483)
I think such explications should be given to endusers in stikey, as when we order any tool we should consult with reseller details.
(becoz of your post i'll purchase JAF UNIVERSAL FBUS CABLE AS I'VE PB WITH MY CABLES and i didn t know if universal fbus is good or the same thing...but now i know)
for example My p-key is thomas and I bought a pkey no more, and reseller never tell if there s diferences, and finally have to pay 59e for update and others 49e,...so to see clear, think stikey will info about diferences will be good

PS: even my pkey is thomas...I got chance...Thanks for somebody from your team.

WBR,

we have many sticky threads in JAF support section, the only thing customers needs to do, it is to READ.

about the reseller and difference, who is your reseller?

B.R.,
Raskal

boucettay 11-15-2008 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raskal (Post 3853499)
we have many sticky threads in JAF support section, the only thing customers needs to do, it is to READ.

about the reseller and difference, who is your reseller?

B.R.,
Raskal

Thanks for replay,
resellers, there's a lot and each time i buy something, i select.
jaf +`pkey bought from Font Telecom www.imeis.com
and as i learned leccion, usim bought from Manole directly, and activation of bb5box too....
I know u r doing ur best....and i'm stisfied with all tools i bought from your team : ubl, usb smart, bb5box, jaf...

PS:I'm still waiting my kanguroo...:D

WBR,

alexmkdMAFIA 11-16-2008 01:54

can we more info what phones are supported????donr n95 8gb without any problems

Raskal 11-16-2008 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmkdMAFIA (Post 3853769)
can we more info what phones are supported????donr n95 8gb without any problems

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...9&postcount=29

bestncheap 11-16-2008 09:14

for cables is better using Universal fbus cables.. u can use any cable.. by GPG , by JAF, By IPMART, by GSM CABLES, BY MTK, By Huier, By Sutton, many more.. just same can use that..
For N95 or N82 switch resistor to bsi 7,5k or 10k..
For this phone need add more power to cable.. (like dejan said power from usb not enough) so phone can not 100% local mode
Solution is by add 4,3 volt till 4,5 volt to SFBUS at VCC Wire/(usualy is red) and gnd put any ground in the cable or pcb (cause some cable dont have gnd cables, just have vcc and bsi)
I test this with UFC www.unifbuscable.com by GPG.. 100% work..
Just add from power 4,3volt till 4,5 volt to UFC cables.. and then sure 100% phone will show LOCAL MODE!!
(i think also can do by other factory made universal fbus cables)

CMIIW

BR

BnC

KOBOL 11-16-2008 10:30

thanks dejan for help. i open my jaf box and change resistor to 1ohm. i check whit jaf after check and after flash phone enter in local mode whiteout problem. before modification i always have problem whit local mode (n95 n82). ;)

gsmuk 11-16-2008 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOBOL (Post 3854711)
thanks dejan for help. i open my jaf box and change resistor to 1ohm. i check whit jaf after check and after flash phone enter in local mode whiteout problem. before modification i always have problem whit local mode (n95 n82). ;)

can show picture of which resistor inside JAF box to change to 10omh?

thank you

gsmuk

KOBOL 11-16-2008 15:37

jaf box have only 1 resistor near usb connector (very easy to find) and need 1 ohm not 10. and modify cables too i put 8k resistor on bsi and all work beter.

KOBOL 11-16-2008 15:55

1 Attachment(s)
Here a photo where the resistor is located. ;)

gsm-traders 11-16-2008 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOBOL (Post 3855980)
jaf box have only 1 resistor near usb connector (very easy to find) and need 1 ohm not 10. and modify cables too i put 8k resistor on bsi and all work beter.

Okay, but have you try it?

Best Wishes,
Susan

KOBOL 11-16-2008 16:19

off course i try and all is ok. i flash today many phones dct4 bb5 and all is ok. i don't have locked n95 for try. before i change this resistor i always have problem whit n95 flashing he don't enter in local mode (allays power off when enter local mode). after change phone stay in local mode whiteout problem i flash and make factory default too.