GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > No more Support JAF Products. > J.A.F. Plus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 455507
Thanks Meter: 1
How to Upgrade/Downgrade with Plus Box???

This may seem a stupid post but I've tried unlocking, Nokia 6300, 6280 & n95.
I've read a few posts & people have had the same problems. The replies were to up/down grade phones and I'm wondering do you do it through the + adon, or the normal box.

If anyone has the time to help with, step by step instructions I would be very gratefull as I am, still to wet behind the ears for some problems I have got to sort out.

Also where is the best place to buy credits for pkey??
The Following User Says Thank You to picks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 30661
Thanks Meter: 0
You must have the Jaf plus box for unlocking via testpoint, you must also have your Jaf PKey activated for BB5 Unlocking or you will get an BB5 Error when trying to unlock.

1, To downgrade you plug in the fbus cable into the phone, usually where the battery goes on the phone

2, Connect the fbus cable to the Jaf box (you dont need the Jaf Plus plugged in yet)

3, Launch Jaf software, go to the BB5 Tab, click on INF, sometimes you might need to press the power button on the phone, for a few seconds before it starts reading... If it reads information then proceed with flashing or anything else you want to do, if it doesnt read anything then keep trying to get it to read first.

4, To downgrade, download the firmware you want to downgrade to (from support (Pkey > Select Server > Support Logon)), select the Use INI option and it should identify the phone and pick relevant firmware for that phone, you can scroll through the list if you wish and choose one which may be better, e.g a UK version if your from the UK.

5, Once you have the firmware selected make sure Factory Set, Downgrade, CRT 308 and CRT BKP are checked.

6, Click FLASH, the phone should begin flashing... After flashing it does the factory set and so on.

If it fails to do the last step then the phone is normally dead (well for me anyway) you can revive this by simply doing the same thing with another firmware version (this time untick CRT 308 and CRT BKP, Tick Manual Flash to give you a list of phones instead of it trying to read information about the firmware from the dead phone)

To Unlock, make sure you have a supported firmware version on the phone. Connect the Jaf plus box to the Jaf box, then connect the Testpoint cables to the phone (not the pins just the red, yellow and USB) select TP Unlock
Click INF again to make sure everything is connected and all is working ok, then click on Unlock after it has read all the information (again you might need to press the power button on the phone.)

When it asks for Testpoint Confirmation... Connect the 2 pins Data and CLK to the phone to unlock.

If you get Failed, try it without the Ground clip connected, if you get Unlock Failed! keep trying if it still doesnt work after a few attempts. Click restore BKP then click Unlock, this wont unlock will just reset the counter to the backup. Then you can either wait for Jaf support to update the software or you can keep trying to flash other firmware versions which may work
Old 01-25-2009, 11:27   #3 (permalink)

Member: 341797
hi am roshan i am having a big problem with my n73music edition, i upgrade my n73 after that i cant install any applictions. error message comes all componants are built in u cannot install. please help meeeeee..........
Old 01-26-2009, 13:13   #4 (permalink)

Member: 437349
i have E61-1 when i on it show's phone start-up failed contact the retailer and i have flash it for still and plz i need help jaf master.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:58   #5 (permalink)

Member: 941903
Thanks Meter: 1
is there any tutoral link for JAF and UNibox. need to know how can i downgrade/upgrade and flash BB5 fones

thanxx
Old 02-21-2009, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 171408
Sonork: 100.1582771
Thanks Meter: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash111 View Post
is there any tutoral link for JAF and UNibox. need to know how can i downgrade/upgrade and flash BB5 fones

thanxx
Go to JAF Support and download installation and flashing with JAF, these basic will works for you better..

WBR..

GSMcracker..