Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-29-2015, 15:54||#27 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thanks Meter: 108
|05-02-2016, 11:17||#28 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Thanks Meter: 45
|05-12-2016, 08:43||#30 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Thanks Meter: 106
Drivers trying to install and ending in a failure with a cryptic hash error message is because Windows 8/8.1 wants to use only signed drivers!
Here is how to enable non-signed box drivers (i.e. Z3X etc) install in Windows 8/8.1 64 bit
1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter “shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 0″ – this tells the computer to restart and prompt how you want to start and Click the “OK”
3. The system will restart to a menu allowing you to change how it boots.
4. Select “Troubleshoot”
5. Select “Advanced options”
6. Select “Windows Startup Settings” – this will restart Windows and let us change the boot options and Click “Restart” button
7. System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
8. Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” – this tells the computer to booth without forcing signed drivers.
9. Reboot the computer and install the device driver as normal (either using the installer if available or Device Manager)
Note: This needs to be done once again after the PC has been rebooted should another box need to added at a later date.