GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 115172
Thanks Meter: 212
C5212 JAVA installaton help needed;)

Hi everybody;
I need help installing JAVA on new samsung phones,atm i need C5212.I make JAD and JAR but when trying to install it says "Invalid JAD file".I had this problem with 3G phones like F480 but this solved in the folling thread,please help.
Old 03-07-2010, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 115172
Thanks Meter: 212
Now i'd leave it here for those who may be in trouble like me.Copy JAR & JAD files to "Other" folder in MMC card.But usually you get errors while installing files larger than 400KB,do as following manual and have fun,don't forget say "Thanks"

Installation of JAVA games/ softwares on Samsung C5212 is really simple and straightforward. Unlike many Samsung mobiles, you just need to place JAR and JAD files in the SAME folder of your mobile ( Other files folder of internal memory or in the memory card). Then select JAD file and select "Options/ Install". This will start the installation process.

By default, there is a limit of 400 KB for maximum JAR file size and you can't install JAR file bigger than 400 KB. If you try to install such files, you will see "JAR file is over max size" pop-up message error. To increase the maximum JAR file size limit, follow this simple procedure:

Enter this code in standby mode: *#52828378#
You will see "JAVA Test Menu" screen. Select option # 6 which is "OTA Test". Here you can see "Maximum JAR size (KB) which is 400 KB by default. Just enter your own value like 2048 KB. Press "Save" and exit from it. Now you can install JAR file of upto 2 MB size. Keep in mind that your new setting (2MB) will change back to default value (400 KB) if you RESTART your mobile. So, this is just a temporary setting but works perfectly to install large JAR files.

Note: You can set 4MB (4096 KB) limit for JAR files but it is safe to set this limit to 2MB and this 2MB limit is enough for most of JAVA softwares keeping in mind that "Games and more" JAVA folder size is only 4 MB.
The Following User Says Thank You to meisam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2010, 14:27   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 319407
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisam View Post
now i'd leave it here for those who may be in trouble like me.copy jar & jad files to "other" folder in mmc card.but usually you get errors while installing files larger than 400kb,do as following manual and have fun,don't forget say "thanks"

installation of java games/ softwares on samsung c5212 is really simple and straightforward. Unlike many samsung mobiles, you just need to place jar and jad files in the same folder of your mobile ( other files folder of internal memory or in the memory card). Then select jad file and select "options/ install". This will start the installation process.

By default, there is a limit of 400 kb for maximum jar file size and you can't install jar file bigger than 400 kb. If you try to install such files, you will see "jar file is over max size" pop-up message error. To increase the maximum jar file size limit, follow this simple procedure:

Enter this code in standby mode: *#52828378#
you will see "java test menu" screen. Select option # 6 which is "ota test". Here you can see "maximum jar size (kb) which is 400 kb by default. Just enter your own value like 2048 kb. Press "save" and exit from it. Now you can install jar file of upto 2 mb size. Keep in mind that your new setting (2mb) will change back to default value (400 kb) if you restart your mobile. So, this is just a temporary setting but works perfectly to install large jar files.

Note: You can set 4mb (4096 kb) limit for jar files but it is safe to set this limit to 2mb and this 2mb limit is enough for most of java softwares keeping in mind that "games and more" java folder size is only 4 mb.
unsupported file type

Last edited by zoni; 03-10-2010 at 14:28. Reason: UNSUPPORTED FILE TYE WHEN "options/ install".
Old 06-14-2010, 13:59   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 269202
Thanks Meter: 281
hi
are you have JAVA Test Menu code for other new samsung?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1031475
Thanks Meter: 0
what abt java test menu for e2232?