GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 03:24   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 120273
Thanks Meter: 57
Error (3) unlocking G955U (ATT) while reading data from phone

Quote:
Checking Login and Password... OK
Ballance: 50 crd.
Waiting ADB device... OK
Reading phone info...
Model: SM-G955U
Android version: 7.0
Product code: SM-G955UZKAATT
Phone version: G955USQS1AQF7
PDA version: G955USQS1AQF7
CSC version: G955UOYN1AQF7
CSC country code: USA
CSC sales code: ATT
HW version: REV1.0
Phone SN: R38J6061***
Chip name: MSM8998
Modem board: MSM8998
Security patch: 2017-06-01
RF cal date: 2017.06.10
IMEI:
Initialization zTool... OK
Running zTool, please wait...
Start... OK
Initialization... OK
Generate and check client proof... OK
Verify proof by client... OK
Reading data from phone... OK
Searching Ramdump interface... COM25 detected
Reading data from phone... error (3)
Done with Samsung Tool PRO v.28.8.1
I've tried several times, but each time I try - I get the above error (3) while reading data from phone. Phone goes into Modem Crash mode, and stays there because Z3X just time's out.

Can anyone help. THANKS.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:17   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 92260
Thanks Meter: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araltd View Post
I've tried several times, but each time I try - I get the above error (3) while reading data from phone. Phone goes into Modem Crash mode, and stays there because Z3X just time's out.

Can anyone help. THANKS.

Well that's one heck of a problem !! ... lol.. so let's see...
Was the phone ever flashed from another carrier to ATT?
Was the product and CSC code ever changed?
Have your tried reflashing it with G955USQU1AQEF?
And why post this 3 times in row? ha!

Get to work!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillA For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2017, 10:25   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Sorry about the 3 posts... It was Not intentional. First time (1st post) the browser just sat there and eventually gave me a bad gateway 502 error, then the second time I posted I must have hit the submit button twice without realizing? I was shocked to see 3 posts too but the forum at that moment was backlogged or something because I couldn't modify any of them...? Anyway, sorry about that.

I finally managed to resolve the issue... And no the phone was not flashed to become an AT&T model - it was an AT&T from the get go. And since it was a customer phone I could not reflash... They were very concerned about loosing their data... (hey, don't shoot the messenger) I don't understand that about most customers.... Always worried about loosing data and always need it done in 45 seconds. Never fails.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 10:29   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Oh and since this was the first one I've done by z3x, I thought I would get the MSL code at the end of the process ? (obviously I did not)

So I guess the unlock with MSL code option is only for when you already have the MSL code?

Old 07-24-2017, 15:12   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Sorry about the 3 posts... It was Not intentional. First time (1st post) the browser just sat there and eventually gave me a bad gateway 502 error, then the second time I posted I must have hit the submit button twice without realizing? I was shocked to see 3 posts too but the forum at that moment was backlogged or something because I couldn't modify any of them...? Anyway, sorry about that.

I finally managed to resolve the issue... And no the phone was not flashed to become an AT&T model - it was an AT&T from the get go. And since it was a customer phone I could not reflash... They were very concerned about loosing their data... (hey, don't shoot the messenger) I don't understand that about most customers.... Always worried about loosing data and always need it done in 45 seconds. Never fails.
Quote:
Oh and since this was the first one I've done by z3x, I thought I would get the MSL code at the end of the process ? (obviously I did not)

So I guess the unlock with MSL code option is only for when you already have the MSL code?

I was just busting your chops about the 3 posts ( ), I know it has even happened to me when my internet connections was flaky...

Just because you saw the ATT logo, that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't flashed with ATT firmware by somebody else.
That's exactly what it does, it converts it into an ATT look-alike phone.

But let's assume that it WASN'T flashed yet still failing to unlock, then the remaining options are either to get the MSL code, or use one of those online unlocking services with the unlock code, or flash it with G955USQU1AQEF and try to unlock again.

A tip about customer data... Most newer Samsung phones come with an app called Smart Switch Backup or you can download the app from the app store (search for Samsung Backup), which lets you back up pretty much everything onto an external SDCard. It's a good idea to do that before any operation, just in case
The Following User Says Thank You to BillA For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2228428
Thanks Meter: 51
Quote:

How did you solve it?
Old 08-10-2017, 04:19   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2596108
Thanks Meter: 58
same how did you solve it man? without MSL. I also have the issue where the modem crashes and stays in upload mode where as Z3X fails here

Searching Ramdump interface... COM25 detected
Reading data from phone... error (3)
Old 08-11-2017, 05:13   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bump please for help
Old 08-11-2017, 21:25   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Follow directions on z3x screen, put in the correct mode before starting
Old 08-12-2017, 18:41   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Araltd

What do you mean correct mode? This is read direct from server via credits. there's nothing more asked for.

Device is startup, USB Debugging enabled and then Z3X read codes. What is there missing? When it reaches searching ramdump interface it crashes the device goes into Upload mode. When it finds a com port it fails Reading data from phone.

Was there something else that needed to be done?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:13   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessinfinit View Post
Araltd

What do you mean correct mode? This is read direct from server via credits. there's nothing more asked for.

Device is startup, USB Debugging enabled and then Z3X read codes. What is there missing? When it reaches searching ramdump interface it crashes the device goes into Upload mode. When it finds a com port it fails Reading data from phone.

Was there something else that needed to be done?

The tricky part is when the phone drops into ramdump mode, the usb port tends to install unsuccessfully, so the solution to quickly uninstall it in device manager then re-plug the phone while in ramdump mode, so it can reinstall on a new unused com port number.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:22   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

BillA hmm that's something I will try. I noticed when it starts searching for ramdump interface the com port changes to MSM_communication port *something like that* and it connects to that port and then fails. Is it not suppose to be call that? Was it suppose to continue saying Samsung_Android?

Your wisdom will really help me, I've had multiple failures with s8's for this problem.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:55   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessinfinit View Post
BillA hmm that's something I will try. I noticed when it starts searching for ramdump interface the com port changes to MSM_communication port *something like that* and it connects to that port and then fails. Is it not suppose to be call that? Was it suppose to continue saying Samsung_Android?

Your wisdom will really help me, I've had multiple failures with s8's for this problem.

Yes as I mentioned it's tricky to get it right the first time, after that it works fine. You have uninstall and reinstall it quickly before the software times out, and also change the port under modems to something like 11 so that the normal mode port number doesn't interfere, otherwise you'll just get an entry with the yellow triangle and no port number.
The Following User Says Thank You to BillA For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 04:59   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I will definitely try that out buddy! Thanks BillA. I am assuming you had this problem before? or unlocked an S8
The Following User Says Thank You to wirelessinfinit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 12:53   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hey BillA unfortunately it didn't work. As a matter of fact I was not able to do anything when it begins "searching for ramdump interface" it crashes modem goes into upload mode and z3x software reaches about 60% it then finds a com port called msm_uploadcommunications something like that. And auto connects to it, I cannot change the port at all. Once it connects it will go to read data and errors.
I'm out of ideas, I've even tried dm+modem+adb without success.

Anyone please help out, and Blanq or BillA or Araltd or ANYONE

Operation: Read Codes via Server
Selected model: SM-G955W
Selected port: COM10 SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port
Software version: 29.0

Checking Login and Password... OK
Ballance: 50 crd.
Waiting ADB device... OK
Reading phone info...
Model: SM-G955W
Android version: 7.0
Product code: SM-G955WZKAGLW
Phone version: G955WVLU1AQG5
PDA version: G955WVLU1AQG5
CSC version: G955WOYA1AQG5
CSC country code: Canada
CSC sales code: GLW
HW version: REV1.0
Phone SN: *hidden*
Chip name: MSM8998
Modem board: MSM8998
Security patch: 2017-07-01
RF cal date: 2017.06.14
IMEI:
Initialization zTool... OK
Running zTool, please wait...
Start... OK
Initialization... OK
Generate and check client proof... OK
Verify proof by client... OK
Reading data from phone... OK
Searching Ramdump interface... COM90 detected
Reading data from phone... error (0)

Done with Samsung Tool PRO v.29.0

Many many tries with the same outcome. Am I suppose to see adifferet com name besides MSM_UPLOAD communication? because that's all I see