GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 05:55   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2596108
Thanks Meter: 58
Question Few newbie questions regarding Z3X operations

Hey fellow people in the unlocking business.

I recently acquired a Z3X box and have a few questions as I have a small business doing unlocks.

Downgrading Samsung modems I understand that phones may need to go to a lower baseband that's exploitable so it can direct unlock/readcodes without rooting.

1) I had a case where a customer got a Network code direct from carrier and it was a situation where they needed a defreeze to get it to work. Out of all the successful unlocks I've done through the code method I found this one alarming. It successfully read the Network & Defreeze code howeverthe Network code is not the same as the one from carrier. I tried Defreeze and the Network code generated which didn't work. Then I used Defreeze generated and carrier Network code and it worked.

So what I am wondering about is why did it generate an incorrect Network code when it's direct read? That surprised me alot.

2) I do want to do direct unlocks instead as that would save alot of time but I am worried of corrupted IMEIs such null or 300000000000006. All the unlocks I do are non root methods but can it still corrupt IMEI when doing direct unlocks?

And if the IMEI is corrupted what can I do? there is no backup because it's not rooted so I cannot read efs to make one.

I hope you knowledge people can answer my questions.

Thank you and really appreciate it
Old 08-07-2017, 03:48   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bump, please someone knowledgable answer. or even z3x team. we're all using the same product im sure these answers will help in the long run!
Old 08-07-2017, 05:31   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1763284
Thanks Meter: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessinfinit View Post
Hey fellow people in the unlocking business.

I recently acquired a Z3X box and have a few questions as I have a small business doing unlocks.

Downgrading Samsung modems I understand that phones may need to go to a lower baseband that's exploitable so it can direct unlock/readcodes without rooting.

1) I had a case where a customer got a Network code direct from carrier and it was a situation where they needed a defreeze to get it to work. Out of all the successful unlocks I've done through the code method I found this one alarming. It successfully read the Network & Defreeze code howeverthe Network code is not the same as the one from carrier. I tried Defreeze and the Network code generated which didn't work. Then I used Defreeze generated and carrier Network code and it worked.

So what I am wondering about is why did it generate an incorrect Network code when it's direct read? That surprised me alot.

2) I do want to do direct unlocks instead as that would save alot of time but I am worried of corrupted IMEIs such null or 300000000000006. All the unlocks I do are non root methods but can it still corrupt IMEI when doing direct unlocks?

And if the IMEI is corrupted what can I do? there is no backup because it's not rooted so I cannot read efs to make one.

I hope you knowledge people can answer my questions.

Thank you and really appreciate it
Hi... Corrupted Imeis are possible because u r downgrading modems...Beside all that everything should work just fine.... Imei repair is possible man. But u will need to be patient sometimes amd some are only possible only with cert files...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 05:55   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1659385
Sonork: 100.1678591
Thanks Meter: 115
Quote:
Ok so you're saying that the codes generated by Z3X did not work but the codes purchased elsewhere did? If so what model was this?

Quote:

I always root and backup when doing direct unlocks or unlocks that require any sort of flashing, 5 extra minutes of work save me from headaches. Just have an external drive with all the files needed. Taking risks with people's equipment just to save 5 minutes is not cost effective nor responsible or professional.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Question Follow up

jcdes

It was a Galaxy J320W8, J320W8VLU2AQA1. Downgraded modem to J320W8VLU2APJ1

The code they got is from their carrier which was not the same one as Z3X generated. How I know that it was incorrect is I entered defreeze and the Z3X Net code and it failed multiple times.

And then I used defreeze and carrier Net code and unlocked successfully. This was very surprising to me as I thought the codes that are direct from device is 100% accurate.

----
Unfortunately rooting is not something people will always allow. It trips the knox which is a huge turnaway for customers. And I thought that if you root the device and do a a direct unlock it has a chance of corrupting the IMEI. But if it's unrooted and you do a direct unlock it can't be corrupted? Because there's 2 types of direct unlock operations, the "Unlock new" that uses root(that's what I think has a chance to corrupt). correct me if I am wrong.

Castle2k
Why would IMEI become corrupted and lost if you downgrade a modem? even if it is using the same binary version it can corrupt?

So let's say it corrupts, do I just go to repair tab and enter in their original IMEI manually? or it doesn't work that way.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:19   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bump for visibility. Other users can answer if you know!
thank you
Old 08-08-2017, 05:54   #7 (permalink)
A4L
No Life Poster

Member: 2014742
Thanks Meter: 167
If the binary is the same, it won't affect the IMEI. If it's lower them the IMEI and baseband will become unknown. You can fix that by upgrading it.

Direct unlock is safe for QC phones. For Exynos I prefer reading codes and they always work for me.

You can't permanently repair IMEI's on cert protected phones (all new Samsung android phones). The only permanent solution is to write a cert. But even that has been taken out of the equation since most of the recent models are HWID based and only the original cert works. There are websites out there that can repair these types of devices but it's not cheap and knox must not be tripped.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:28   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

A4L

Thank you for responding. Yes, I learned that much is to make sure binary is the same and download to an exploitable baseband to read/unlock.

Could you let me know why on Qualcomm CPU devices it's safe to direct unlock but it isn't on Exynos?

Yes, it is very strange J320W8 is an Exynos devices and the Net code it read was incorrect to the one direct from carrier.

In general. Direct unlocking still has a risk in damaging the IMEI right? even if it is a non root direct unlock method. If that's the case then it's quite risky for non rooted devices because I wouldn't be able to backup anything.

Again thank you for your replies
Old 08-09-2017, 04:05   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bump for visibility. thank you. If this was answered else where then sorry but I cannot find it
Old 08-10-2017, 04:14   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bump again. sorry but if there is an answer to the questions on the forum do let me know because I cannot find it.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:49   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1659385
Sonork: 100.1678591
Thanks Meter: 115
I always root and backup unless root is not possible. I rather trip a knox than turn a $400 cell phone into a $400 brick. If they want an unlock there must be a happy medium.