GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 14:13   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65397
Thanks Meter: 19
G900v unlock?

good morning

I'm friends with a samsung verizon G900v the operator.

The same does not enable wifi.

It seems to me that the device must be activated with original chip, so it releases other functions it. I'm wrong about that?

I tried to unlock with the new samsung pro version 20:00 gave an error.

log:

UNLOCK INSTRUCTIONS:

Micro-USB cable:
1. Phone must be powered on.
2. Type *#0808# and select 'DM+MODEM+ADB'.
3. Type *#9090# and choose 'DM/DUN over HSIC'.
4. Reboot phone.
5. Connect USB cable, install drivers if needed.
6. Select Samsung diagnostic port in port settings.
7. Press 'Unlock' button for direct unlock.

Operation: Unlock
Selected model: SM-G900V
Selected port: COM35 SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port ,
Software version: 20.0

Reading phone info...
Reading IMEI... OK
IMEI: 9900xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reading security... error
Detected new type of security
Bypassing... error

Done with Samsung Tool v.20.0
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 945085
Thanks Meter: 70
g900v already come factory unlocked from original carrier. you can activate/use with any sim card immediately. no need original sim to active. must be something else wrong with phone maybe try updating to newest lollipop firmware.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

g900v already come factory unlocked from original carrier. you can activate/use with any sim card immediately. no need original sim to active. must be something else wrong with phone maybe try updating to newest lollipop firmware.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:14   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Old 06-17-2015, 01:40   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2407948
Thanks Meter: 23
I have a 1 year old Verizon G900V and it is not factory unlocked. I do believe they may be factory locked if you buy them on contract or on the Edge program.

I have tried putting in an AT&T sim to test if it is unlocked, and it does not recognize the sim.

I even go into the network settings and change it from LTE / CDMA to GSM / UMTS. Still will not accept anything except a Verizon sim.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:48   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1081371
Thanks Meter: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharddrive View Post
I have a 1 year old Verizon G900V and it is not factory unlocked. I do believe they may be factory locked if you buy them on contract or on the Edge program.

I have tried putting in an AT&T sim to test if it is unlocked, and it does not recognize the sim.

I even go into the network settings and change it from LTE / CDMA to GSM / UMTS. Still will not accept anything except a Verizon sim.
That is so weird Verizon is the only carrier that have to sell their phone factory Unlocked ...
The Following User Says Thank You to jusmejose For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 03:45   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2076039
Thanks Meter: 648
Donate money to this user
Quote:

All Verizon phones are unlocked. Have you checked your IMEI against the blacklist? Does your baseband version match the rest of the firmware? Has someone tinkered with the phone before you?

Just because it says non-verizon SIM doesnt mean it wont work...
Old 06-17-2015, 04:38   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

This is my personal phone. It is not blacklisted. It was bought as an upgrade. I also have a Note 4 that was bought as an upgrade via Verizon, and it also does not accept any sim other than the Verizon sim.

Both phones became mine brand new out of the box.

FYI I own a repair shop that repairs phones among many other modern electronics so I am quite familiar with these things. I am also aware of the policy change that states all Verizon LTE devices will come factory unlocked. I have only recently begun to think this may be only for devices bought out right. Not via contract or the Edge program.

If a phone is unlocked you can pop in any acceptable SIM card and the Network settings in your about phone will change to reflect that carrier regardless of if the SIM is active or not.

With both of these phones it says "Unknown" under Network, and also gives me notification that I have inserted an unknown sim into the device.
Old 06-17-2015, 20:28   #9 (permalink)
F_X
No Life Poster

Member: 2273678
Thanks Meter: 293
Quote:
This is my personal phone. It is not blacklisted. It was bought as an upgrade. I also have a Note 4 that was bought as an upgrade via Verizon, and it also does not accept any sim other than the Verizon sim.

Both phones became mine brand new out of the box.

FYI I own a repair shop that repairs phones among many other modern electronics so I am quite familiar with these things. I am also aware of the policy change that states all Verizon LTE devices will come factory unlocked. I have only recently begun to think this may be only for devices bought out right. Not via contract or the Edge program.

If a phone is unlocked you can pop in any acceptable SIM card and the Network settings in your about phone will change to reflect that carrier regardless of if the SIM is active or not.

With both of these phones it says "Unknown" under Network, and also gives me notification that I have inserted an unknown sim into the device.
Exactly where I'm getting at. I was talking to Isellcert on another thread about this issue, sometimes they're brand new out of the box but still do not pick up signal. He has successfully repaired one and it picks up signal with gsm network, my suspicions are on the Edge program. I have a friend who has a Galaxy S 6 Edge (G920V) and it IS domestically unlocked. Works with T-Mobile and IS under a contract. When I insert a SIM to the N910V, under phone info it shows the Phone Number that is correspondent to the SIM Card, it gets a voicemail....but doesn't pick up signal whatsoever. Very weird...
Old 06-17-2015, 21:47   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

indeed

Strange indeed.

I really think it is something to do with the Edge program. I remember a few years ago when the iPhone 5 was coming factory unlocked from Verizon (like all LTE phones are supposed to be now) I could just pop a sim in it and rock n roll.

I just picked up my first box to start doing my own unlocks and repairing IMEIs. I am still a little confused with repairing IMEIs. What exactly does that do? Do you have to change the IMEI and it fixes blacklist? Or can you fix the original IMEI so it is no longer blacklisted? Any forum links that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated!

I have a guy bringing me a ATT Note 3 in a while for me to try and fix it being black listed for him. He bought from some guy who apparently didn't pay their bill at rent-a-center or some other rent to own business.
Old 10-16-2015, 00:14   #11 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 398910
Thanks Meter: 0
Anyone who has problem with all new samsung phones because not unlocked..
The key is you need to put a verizon activated sim and just make a test call, then replace it to whatever sim back in there and you good to go. no downgrading, no rooting and no bull****. i guess verizon wants
to be so smart now LOL