GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 02:24   #1 (permalink)
F_X
No Life Poster

Member: 2273678
Thanks Meter: 293
How to unlock L720 & L720T

I've made a thread for users who are having issue with unlocking or rooting the L720 & L720T variants.

Please proceed under your consent, I'm not held responsible for anything that happens to your device! Please read carefully the steps provided BEFORE doing anything to your device.

UNLOCK L720 running on KitKat:

If you're looking to domestically or internationally unlocking the L720 Running on the KitKat firmwares, please follow the link provided below. Credit goes to everyone mentioned on the bottom of the thread provided on XDA, I do not take credit for their hard work and efforts:

[INFO][HOW TO] Sprint Galaxy S4 Sim Unlock (… | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

The key to domestically unlocking your L720 device relies on the modem. They use the NG2 firmware as an example, if you're not in this firmware it's fine, I personally use the MDC modem to get rid of the "Invalid Sim Card" message on all firmwares including the lollipop versions. I will provide a download link to the MDC modem on the bottom of this thread. The MDC modem does not provide a boot loop like it does on the N900P variant when flashed onto L720 Lollipop based phones.

Like the thread states, you will need to unlock your phone via SSU app on KitKat firmwares, once you unlocked it, you need to set the GCF value. For this they required root to have the service menu pop up. This is not necessarily required anymore since users such as jusmejose have helped out with the service menu which is this:

Dial *#0011# and in the service menu do the following

Click (menu) then (key input) then input Q then (Ok)
Click (menu) then (back)
Click (menu) then (key input) then input 0000 then click (Ok)

Wait for about 15 seconds then a menu will pop up, from there follow these procedures:

Click (UMTS) then (DEBUG SCREEN) then (PHONE CONTROL) then (NETWORK CONTROL) then (GCF) then the top option. From there you may press the home button and go to Settings and change the mobile networks to either Automatic or GSM.

Once you've unlocked your phone via SSU, set the GCF value, all that's left is to flash the MDC modem via Odin onto your phone and you're good to go.

If you're planning to unlock this phone with Z3X you're going to have to flash the MDC Modem FIRST then click the unlock if not it will always provide an unlocking error. Once you unlocked with z3x set the GCF Value then change the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM and you're good to go

UNLOCK L720 running on Lollipop:

Rooting

To root your phone you're going to have to use cf auto root, I tried using twrp but it would not work. Download link is provided below:

https://download.chainfire.eu/325/CF...pr-sphl720.zip

Unlocking

To unlock your phone you may use Z3X to unlock your device. I've been noticing that a lot of people are having issues with this, what you're going to need to do is flash MDC modem onto the lollipop phone FIRST then try the unlock procedure. It should work. If that still fails then you may need to unlock it with an old version of Z3X. I fortunately still have the 18.1 version, though I cannot post the download link due to it not being provided anymore in the support section.

Another form of unlocking the device is through Galaxy Tools apk files, however, the mods over at XDA removed the apk files but those who have it may unlock it in that matter as well.

Remember you're going to have to set the GCF value on Lollipop as well, once that is done you're good to go. Final step would be to set the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM. Enjoy

UNLOCK L720T running on KitKat:

The procedures to unlocking this phone is exactly the same as the one for the L720, the only difference is that you're going to have to flash the MK5 Modem onto the phone instead of the MDC modem. I will provide the download link on the bottom of this thread. DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE MDC modem to this variant IT WILL NOT WORK!

UNLOCK L720T running on Lollipop:

Rooting

To root this device you will need to use CF Auto Root again, download link is provided below:

https://download.chainfire.eu/506/CF...r-sphl720t.zip

Some users running on OD2 have mentioned that this root does not work. I've tested this root on the OF1 and it worked without a budge. Until further notice this is the only root I can think of that may work. If anyone has found a working twrp/cwm recovery or other method, please feel free to share it with us.

Unlocking

To unlock this phone please flash the MK5 modem first before you click the unlock button on Z3X. It should work without any issues if it does provide issues the other alternative is to use the Galaxy Tools apk files for those who have it.

Once you've flashed the MK5 Modem, Set the GCF Value onto the phone with the service menu. Then set the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM and you're good to go

Download Links

SPH L720 MDC Modem:

SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar

SPH L720T MK5 Modem:

SPH-L720T_MK5_Modem.tar

I do hope I've helped you out in any matter, if I have missed something or you need further assistance I encourage you to pm me. Enjoy the rest of your day
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to F_X For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-17-2015, 08:45   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1288575
Thanks Meter: 36
does this same unlocking procedure for lollipop apply to the sprint galaxy s6 sm-g920p/sm-d925p?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:22   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2423705
Thanks Meter: 29
bro what about the other sprint phones?
Old 08-17-2015, 15:47   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1820439
Thanks Meter: 154
great post man thank you
Old 08-17-2015, 18:53   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2165653
Thanks Meter: 2
wow thank F__X this is a great tutorial, do you know could be the same on the note 3 sprint (N900P) on 5.0 lollipop?
Old 08-17-2015, 18:55   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1025079
Thanks Meter: 311
Donate money to this user
New models with 5.0 and up are easier than old devices just root unlock it.
Old 08-17-2015, 19:30   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1454652
Thanks Meter: 10
thanks F_X... Could you please add N900P guide?
Old 08-17-2015, 20:06   #8 (permalink)
F_X
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy165 View Post
does this same unlocking procedure for lollipop apply to the sprint galaxy s6 sm-g920p/sm-d925p?
No bro, according to blang no root is required for that phone as well, just unlock and you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanZ3XBOX View Post
bro what about the other sprint phones?
On the other sprint phones you're going to have to unlock it with 22.2 on Z3X, then enable the GCF on the service menu in case you don't get signal and you should be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aner25 View Post
great post man thank you
Thank you as well for taking your time to read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKEMAN View Post
wow thank F__X this is a great tutorial, do you know could be the same on the note 3 sprint (N900P) on 5.0 lollipop?
Unfortunately no it doesn't work on that firmware, and you cannot downgrade it last time I got one...but if you're on kit kat you may take a look at a thread I did a while back, hope it helps

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f777...e-3-a-1950724/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcast View Post
New models with 5.0 and up are easier than old devices just root unlock it.
You may be right, haven't gotten one yet but when I do I can post logs if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloric View Post
thanks F_X... Could you please add N900P guide?
Hey bro I did make one a while back, but it's a bit delicate seeing how on lollipop the modem will cause constant 20 second bootloops but you may take a look at it here

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f777...e-3-a-1950724/
Old 08-19-2015, 07:47   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 527921
Thanks Meter: 23
F_X you always come through in many ways.Your help and guidance is always appreciated from day one.
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmadapuzzle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2015, 00:49   #10 (permalink)
ras
Freak Poster

Member: 37362
Thanks Meter: 25
many thanks bro. its a very good software

Quote:
Originally Posted by F_X View Post
I've made a thread for users who are having issue with unlocking or rooting the L720 & L720T variants.

Please proceed under your consent, I'm not held responsible for anything that happens to your device! Please read carefully the steps provided BEFORE doing anything to your device.

UNLOCK L720 running on KitKat:

If you're looking to domestically or internationally unlocking the L720 Running on the KitKat firmwares, please follow the link provided below. Credit goes to everyone mentioned on the bottom of the thread provided on XDA, I do not take credit for their hard work and efforts:

[INFO][HOW TO] Sprint Galaxy S4 Sim Unlock (… | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

The key to domestically unlocking your L720 device relies on the modem. They use the NG2 firmware as an example, if you're not in this firmware it's fine, I personally use the MDC modem to get rid of the "Invalid Sim Card" message on all firmwares including the lollipop versions. I will provide a download link to the MDC modem on the bottom of this thread. The MDC modem does not provide a boot loop like it does on the N900P variant when flashed onto L720 Lollipop based phones.

Like the thread states, you will need to unlock your phone via SSU app on KitKat firmwares, once you unlocked it, you need to set the GCF value. For this they required root to have the service menu pop up. This is not necessarily required anymore since users such as jusmejose have helped out with the service menu which is this:

Dial *#0011# and in the service menu do the following

Click (menu) then (key input) then input Q then (Ok)
Click (menu) then (back)
Click (menu) then (key input) then input 0000 then click (Ok)

Wait for about 15 seconds then a menu will pop up, from there follow these procedures:

Click (UMTS) then (DEBUG SCREEN) then (PHONE CONTROL) then (NETWORK CONTROL) then (GCF) then the top option. From there you may press the home button and go to Settings and change the mobile networks to either Automatic or GSM.

Once you've unlocked your phone via SSU, set the GCF value, all that's left is to flash the MDC modem via Odin onto your phone and you're good to go.

If you're planning to unlock this phone with Z3X you're going to have to flash the MDC Modem FIRST then click the unlock if not it will always provide an unlocking error. Once you unlocked with z3x set the GCF Value then change the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM and you're good to go

UNLOCK L720 running on Lollipop:

Rooting

To root your phone you're going to have to use cf auto root, I tried using twrp but it would not work. Download link is provided below:

https://download.chainfire.eu/325/CF...pr-sphl720.zip

Unlocking

To unlock your phone you may use Z3X to unlock your device. I've been noticing that a lot of people are having issues with this, what you're going to need to do is flash MDC modem onto the lollipop phone FIRST then try the unlock procedure. It should work. If that still fails then you may need to unlock it with an old version of Z3X. I fortunately still have the 18.1 version, though I cannot post the download link due to it not being provided anymore in the support section.

Another form of unlocking the device is through Galaxy Tools apk files, however, the mods over at XDA removed the apk files but those who have it may unlock it in that matter as well.

Remember you're going to have to set the GCF value on Lollipop as well, once that is done you're good to go. Final step would be to set the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM. Enjoy

UNLOCK L720T running on KitKat:

The procedures to unlocking this phone is exactly the same as the one for the L720, the only difference is that you're going to have to flash the MK5 Modem onto the phone instead of the MDC modem. I will provide the download link on the bottom of this thread. DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE MDC modem to this variant IT WILL NOT WORK!

UNLOCK L720T running on Lollipop:

Rooting

To root this device you will need to use CF Auto Root again, download link is provided below:

https://download.chainfire.eu/506/CF...r-sphl720t.zip

Some users running on OD2 have mentioned that this root does not work. I've tested this root on the OF1 and it worked without a budge. Until further notice this is the only root I can think of that may work. If anyone has found a working twrp/cwm recovery or other method, please feel free to share it with us.

Unlocking

To unlock this phone please flash the MK5 modem first before you click the unlock button on Z3X. It should work without any issues if it does provide issues the other alternative is to use the Galaxy Tools apk files for those who have it.

Once you've flashed the MK5 Modem, Set the GCF Value onto the phone with the service menu. Then set the Mobile Networks to Automatic or GSM and you're good to go

Download Links

SPH L720 MDC Modem:

SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar

SPH L720T MK5 Modem:

SPH-L720T_MK5_Modem.tar

I do hope I've helped you out in any matter, if I have missed something or you need further assistance I encourage you to pm me. Enjoy the rest of your day
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01   #11 (permalink)
F_X
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras View Post
many thanks bro. its a very good software
I'm glad it helped you, not sure what do you mean by software but this is only for the S4s...
Old 08-20-2015, 01:33   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 737720
Thanks Meter: 1,421
may be he is thinking that u gonna send him the sw in pvt..hhhhhhh
Old 08-22-2015, 01:06   #13 (permalink)

Member: 162707
Thanks Meter: 66
Donate money to this user
tutorial worked perfectly for me. thanks alot

Big up yourself.. one love.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:16   #14 (permalink)
F_X
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomhotboy View Post
tutorial worked perfectly for me. thanks alot

Big up yourself.. one love.
Glad it worked bro. Thank you, really appreciate that
Old 08-24-2015, 23:32   #15 (permalink)

Member: 2285262
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by F_X View Post
Glad it worked bro. Thank you, really appreciate that
Works GREAT with Octoplus also! Android 5.01 with md5 baseband. Rooted with CF on Simple Mobile with good reception and 3G