GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 04:49   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2150078
Thanks Meter: 18
I527 4.4.2 root possible with modified towelroot modstrings?

Is anyone familiar with modifying mod strings to obtain root for unsupported towelroot devices?

" == Introducing modstrings! ==
Modstrings are a way to modify the exploit parameters for your obscure phone.
This is only if your device can't be towelrooted.

Click "welcome to towelroot v3" 3 times and enter text.

1337 method(0-3), align(0-1), limit_offset(0-8191), hit_iov(0-7), temp_root(0-1)

method: which syscall is used in the blocking thread, try them all
align: which alignment to use for the iovs, try them all
limit_offset: 0 is probably the right value here, otherwise close to the samsung value and a multiple of 4
hit_iov: which iov to overwrite to cause block
temp_root: do a temp root putting su and daemonsu in /sbin, good for HTC and Motorola, doesn't fix exploit

To fix, align and method are probably your best bet(4*2=8 values), hit_iov maybe, limit_offset if you are desperate.

== Examples ==
Most phones: "1337 0 1 0 4 0"
New Samsung: "1337 0 1 7380 4 0"
Temp root: "1337 0 1 0 4 1"

I wanted to see if anyone is familiar with modifying these mod strings for I527 4.4.2 to be rooted? We can confirm that downgrading kernal to MK2 from NE7 does not work so we can use towelroot, it gives AT&T security error and have to flash back current 4.4.2 kernal for phone to even boot.

All rooting methods do not work, but there is someone who does IMEI repair that has Root solution for 4.4.2 i527! So there IS A SOLUTION we just need to figure out how its being done, I have both MK2 and NE7 extracted kernals, I have signed PIT file from Z3X shell, and I have boot image in Tar and Zip files for 4.4.2 NE7 if anyone wants to contribute and test please let me know.

I will be testing out new methods and posting results here, we should be working towards our own root solutions rather than waiting on Kingo or Towelroot to come out with it for free, sooner or later devs will be holding back root solutions to do imei repair for themselves!

-dd209
Old 10-22-2014, 15:39   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2146046
Thanks Meter: 62
I have I527 at 4.4.2 - Trying to figure out this as well myself but having zero lucky figuring out a root. I tried mesing with towelroot mod string but still says phone not supported. I really am no expert at this but would liek to help.