GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2016, 18:57   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1709641
Thanks Meter: 11
n910f ddi mmc read failed

ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910F
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (4)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START
MMC: mmc_read fail
ODIN : flash read failure

<<The picture of the Android man>>

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

I have tried the following;

1 - I have installed Kies 3, going into to Tools and going though the firmware update; once downloaded, the phone stated "ODIN flash read failure" and refused to give a code to try out the recovery.

2 - I have tried 5 different leads - I do not have the original cable, but surely at least one of these should be effective.

3 - I have tried the USB leads both in the front and back of my computer (with Windows 10 as the OS).

4 - I have the Samsung USB files installed.

4 - ODIN

I have downloaded and tried both Odin3 v3.10.7 and v3.10.6 and get the same responses in the Log.

Firstly I have downloaded the latest recovery file I could find for my N910F titled;
twrp-3.0.0-0-trltexx.img.tar

When added to AP on the ODIN software, I get a green PASS! - with following at the end;
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1/ failed 0)

Thereafter I have downloaded the latest firmware with the UK edition of the N910F file name;
N910FXXS1CPC1_N910FBTU1COI1_N910FXXS1COK1_HOME.tar .md5

When I add this to the AP button I get the following 2 sets of alternating dialogue;

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Please note on the phone the line where it shows progress has the first notch highlighted, then it stops there.

I've tried the same process several times with different cables, and positions on the computer, but to no avail. The only way I manage to turn off the phone is by taking the battery out and leave it for a while. I have also read by keeping the finger on the power button whilst the battery removed, this would effectively accelerate the removal of the power out of the system.

Once I am to turn on again I press the vol- + Home + power on buttons at once, then the up arrow to go back into this screen.

Sometimes the phone doesn't start up with this, and only turns on when plugging the phone with the USB cable to the computer, thereafter I get the following message;
------------------------------------------
The same text at the top until it states "UDC START"

Picture of a phone then .. the ! in a yellow triangle, then .. the a picture of a PC monitor

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & and try again."
-----------------------------------------
I have tried Kies 3 at this point before, but didn't work as stated above. I have uninstalled Kies 3 as I've read that it may clash with Odin3 software. Also I have tried again the Odin3 on this screen and I get the same 2 alterations as above.

Apologies for the long message. It seems like some other people are also stuck at this stage too on other forums, and given the solutions tried out above; it seems that it solves most peoples problems, but a few are left still stuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to midoemm For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 21:05   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 84323
Thanks Meter: 15
Sounds like a eMMC failure on the board. If you aren't technical, just purchase another main PCB and have it replaced.

Z3x JTAG may support this device and you may be able to repair the eMMC possibly ?
The Following User Says Thank You to evilgabbie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2016, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1709641
Thanks Meter: 11
i don t have easy jtag ... it work with octoplus or riffbox??